What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ECSDxSSSDH test

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Ok back with pics for anyone watching... and to honor my commitment with OJD..

I would say these 2 phenos I have are HAZE... one more so than the other...

here is a cab shot, the plants in the front are two diff phenos...
the one ALL the way on left is Chemmy jones freebie from CSG as well...

picture.php

View image in gallery

crazy to see how much they have stretched since the last update...

and here is a pic of the #2 pheno that was started a few weeks before the others...

very hazey IMO.. idk what is up the the leaves... kinda hard to get water on point with it being all the way in the back and I think it had some heat in the beginning weeks but it is getting MUCH cooler now so hopefully she will perk up a bit...

EDIT: in order to preserve genetics... I dusted the lowest branch on the two younger plants with pollen from a CJ.SB IX1 male I have stored...

the male was very sour smelling so hopefully the resulting crosses will have some nice offspring...

still unsure if I want to run a monocrop on these yet or not... think it might be too stretchy... maybe I will try these in the SCROG...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Ok got a small update here...

OJD if you are still checkin in...

I would love some confirmation on these phenos...

I have 2 of the #2 and 1 of the #1... my senses tell me #1 is a lot more sour leaning and #2 is a lot more haze leaning...

neither look too happy with me but they will be given another chance... leaning towards #1 now seeing how much sour is in her...

funny the whole grow, I thought #2 would be the keeper...

group shot with #1 all the way on right...

Other #2

#1 everything says sour when I look at her...

Hopefully these will all be finished by the beginning of novemeber so I can start my final flower cycle in this house... hoping to make it a good one...

rantan

dunno if its just me but i cant see your pics
says invalid link?
really like the sound of the cross aye

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bro

sorry for late reply

ive found the ecsd does the claw thing and twisty leaves if she fed to high
a couple of watering of plain water will fix herup
plus maybe feed her a tad less

number 1 looking defo sour likeyou say
the other looks like a mix of both parents
how things looking now
any smells yet
lime or fuel

chat soon

peace

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
no problem man, I haven't exactly been keeping the thread updated like I should be...

thanks for the info...

I am running organic soil so maybe my soil is just a little hot? because I only give them plain water, most of the time I am too lazy to make a tea... so I will just keep with the plain water and hope they start swelling up soon...

I am tempted to just harvest earlier but I keep telling myself not to...

I don't have any good pics but here is a shot of the room...

the grew taller than the light so I had to bend them back down to get them into the "sweet spot" of the light...

I will get some better pictures soon... lol

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Ok here is another small update...

mostly focused on pheno #1 (presumed sour) because that is the only one I am considering giving another run...

And then a shitty pic of #2 pheno still in the cab.. sorry for the HPS...

These #2 stretched too far past the light and I had to bend them back down into the sweet spot of the bulb...

OJD, I also have a chemmy jones that JUST was chopped this morning... I have some nice pics of her at harvest...

would you like me to start a thread for that? or can I just post the pics in this thread?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour - bending that late in flower will certainly stress them out - I'd be watching for any sort of nanners, etc - that tend to show in the Diesel lines...no fault of OJD's that is for sure.

If they DON'T show any nanners - that would be awesome to see such stability in what is showing to be very diesel dominant type flowers.

I've grown and smoke OJD's cut of SSSDH - I let her go, without breeding it...one day I'll get back to her...but that cut is some SERIOUS fire. Quite intense smoke - I'd be lying if I didn't say the first time I puffed her it scared me a bit...could not stop my heart from pounding...every time after that I took it easy on the tokes, it doesn't take much to get you "there" with that cut for sure.

You GOTTA let these plant finish. If you have some EWC, just put a 1/2" layer on the top of your soil and keep watering. That'll help carry them through till finish. They appear to have a good 2 weeks left on them at least. The Diesels REALLY get the better part of their terpene profiles as they finish up in the last couple of weeks. You'll really have no clue and form inaccurate opinions of them if you take them early.

Gotta let those diesels finish...THAT is when they REALLY shine. Otherwise, the taste ends up not nearly what it should be...and the high last only 45 minutes, with only the first 15 minutes really being that impressive. Done right - you'll be baked for 2 hours.

dank.Frank

Last edited:

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
dank.frank, thanks a lot for stopping in here!

I knew the bending would stress them but I would rather the light be hitting the top buds then just being focused on the lowers...

I am nervous about nanners, but at the same time, not that badly...

I took some tiny little sample buds and the one I puffed at some point in the P.M. deff had me up and anxious, weird feeling at that point in the day.. normally I am burning out and ready to pass out.. but I was wide awake after puffing on this it seemed like... sounds like it resembles the parent fairly well...

Ok, I will let them finish properly... the original projected chop date was Nov 12... but lately I have been thinking of rushing that a bit... but now you are telling me it would be almost a complete waste of time other wise....

So how does Nov 12 sound? give or take a few days? would put me at 12 weeks for the younger pheno...

Only reason I am trying to rush it is because I recently chopped two plants from the cab so seeing that space just makes me want to refill the cab, ASAP!!

And I want to take another run at this #1 pheno but I already have her vegged out pretty big and am scared of the stretch if I let her get much bigger...

I know, I know, should have listed to you... single cola clones flipped right after roots....

but seeing budelights test grow gave me faith that these plants could be well trained in a vert setup...

He rocks pretty much the same exact setup as me, I believe...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sour - fwiw - the difference between 70 days and 84 is IMMENSE. I want to say that MANY people run the OJD cut to 11wks and call her done - but I think better at 12 - high is more...complex...just more.

OJD may come in here and say something to contrast what I've said and I'd take his word as the authority...

No REASON to have gaps / empty spaces....it's called PERPETUAL growing for a reason. Just means you have a couple plants that are a bit ahead of the others next time around.

Really, as I was taught by others - the biggest mistake newer growers make is NOT leaving the plants alone enough. Always messing with them, trying this and that, etc - never really getting a solid feel on letting the PLANT do it's own thing. With a vertical bulb like that, trust - when the flower grow over it, they will slowly in time lean / bend themselves over into higher lighted areas...they grow towards light...the seem to like it. ;)

What may have seemed inefficient to you, may have ultimately been FINE for them - and they may not have needed any tinkering at all.

But not being there myself, I have to trust your call on this and it's not like your incompetent...so...lol.

Fill that cab back up though...empty space is wasted space. Wasted space results in empty jars. Keep them jars FULL... :joint:

dank.Frank

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
GSPfan no i don't, but if you would like to see just send me a friend request! I checked out your grow thread, nice job over there!

dank, once again... yeah you right... LOL

Well your completely right about the perpetual.. with those plants finishing up... the pic with the horrible HPS glare.. that plant was flipped on either 8/5 or 8/7, I can't remember...

but the really sour leaning pheno was flipped on 8/20...

SO.. with the later date 8/7 that still puts that plant at 12 weeks right now and the younger two right around 10 weeks like you said...

They will all stay in for ATLEAST another week...

I forget where I was going with this and what the point was but I agree most times it is best to not mess with the plants too much... BUT I really think the one plant has swelled up QUITE a bit since I bent her in front of the bulb again.. could just be due to it coming to full maturity but idk...

and thanks, good to know I'm not incompetent lol

I agree, wasted space at this point...

I know what I need to do...

tonight I need to take out the plants in there right now and do some final modifications inside the cab and then it is time to fill her back up...

Oh boy I can't wait...

OJD I will be running the #1 pheno again... it will be first to get flipped... hopefully tonight she will go in...

soursmoker

East Coast, All Day!
Veteran
Ok so we got the cab filled back up...

Got the #1 pheno in there and some other goodies but I will leave it out of this thread...

OJD thanks so much bro...

Every day I look at this #1 pheno I love it more and more... can not wait to smoke her!

Funny because the whole time I was saying #2 was the keeper... lol

Anyway thanks again, I can't wait for this next run with her! Hoping she will perform much better for me this time around!

I will have some pics very soon!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey bro

nice update

i hear ya frank on the flower times
but i honestly like both times
i find more flavour at 10 weeks but 12 weeks will have you blasted
so i like both 10-12 week sssdh for diferent times of day/night

i think the ecsd reallly needs 12 weeks to bring out that super special funk so keep that in mind soursmoker

peace