What's new

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

bibi40

Hi !

today i gave a try to my new all mesh bags ,
with some Maestro auto white trim :

View attachment 18904116

View attachment 18904117

73/25 mic :

View attachment 18904118

160/73 mic :

View attachment 18904119

220/160 mic :

View attachment 18904120

really happy with thoses all mesh bags ,
process is really easiest and quickest than with classic bags ...

let' s go for dry and cure .

will try and report soon my first attempt with fresh frozen , got a bag of mango sapphire buds waitin' for in the freezer :D

:tiphat:
same material handpressed :

IMG_3263.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3265.JPG

GasD

IWE banana lemon mac 1.8g temple ball frenchy style. This is from the start of the year and it's still curing. Trying to let it go a full year. Few more months and I'll be ready to try it.

Attachments

• image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 36

bibi40

i did change the mesh of my secretbox for the 100mic one :

IMG_3229.JPG

and another run of dry sifting for test it with some mango sapphire :

IMG_3432.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

it makes the difference , really happy with the end product ... way less contaminant !
another bag to run tomorrow before press that !

:tiphat:

Last edited:

Dime

Do you sieve or microplane to dry?
Hi, I don't even know what microplane means,I just put it on a 25 screen included with the bags and a towel,now I'll have to look that one up.I've only made it a few times . If there's a better way I'm in.

GasD

Hi, I don't even know what microplane means,I just put it on a 25 screen included with the bags and a towel,now I'll have to look that one up.I've only made it a few times . If there's a better way I'm in.
Sieving is done once you freeze the hash. You use a metal strainer that's cold to break the hash back up into a fine layer on parchment paper. A microplane is a type of kitchen tool used for zesting. You take the frozen hash and break it up with the microplane and again do this over parchment paper. I prefer the microplane over a strainer but others swear by their sieves.

Once you're done You want to dry it in as cold a place as possible between 30-35% humidity for 5-8 days. Alternatively, some put the paper in pizza boxes in the refrigerator and dry it that way.

Once it's dry you can press it between parchment paper with a glass bottle filled with water that's just under boiling. This makes one homogeneous piece that you can roll into a ball or whatever shape you like and activates the cannabinoids. After that it's to the cure and that can be along as you like. I find that 3-4 months is the minimum cure for me. Anything under that smokes harsh it seems.

Have fun with it good hash is so much different from flower. Definitely worth the work.

Dime

Sieving is done once you freeze the hash. You use a metal strainer that's cold to break the hash back up into a fine layer on parchment paper. A microplane is a type of kitchen tool used for zesting. You take the frozen hash and break it up with the microplane and again do this over parchment paper. I prefer the microplane over a strainer but others swear by their sieves.

Once you're done You want to dry it in as cold a place as possible between 30-35% humidity for 5-8 days. Alternatively, some put the paper in pizza boxes in the refrigerator and dry it that way.

Once it's dry you can press it between parchment paper with a glass bottle filled with water that's just under boiling. This makes one homogeneous piece that you can roll into a ball or whatever shape you like and activates the cannabinoids. After that it's to the cure and that can be along as you like. I find that 3-4 months is the minimum cure for me. Anything under that smokes harsh it seems.

Have fun with it good hash is so much different from flower. Definitely worth the work.
Thank you for the post.