What's new

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

exoticrobotic

I did a bubblerun this time last year and ended up squeezing the bags for speed.

The heat of the summer, despite having 24kg of ice and working really quickly, meant the hash clogged the screens when squeezed.

But the nice food grade 96% ethanol i have was able to clean the screens effectively and there is an added bonus that you end up with some nice hash oil.

audiohi

Veteran
Some fresh frozen ice water hash 160 - 73

bar.jpg
pressed.jpg

Last edited:

Old Piney

So what do you all think about making bubble out of fresh frozen flower , sure seems a lot easier than drying and curing all that flower . What about curing? , just cure the hash ?

audiohi

Veteran
So what do you all think about making bubble out of fresh frozen flower , sure seems a lot easier than drying and curing all that flower . What about curing? , just cure the hash ?

It's my preferred method, as well as preferred end product.

It's a little more difficult to work with than dried material in some aspects. But, worth it.

As far as curing goes... I guess it comes down to how long you can keep yourself from cracking into it.

acespicoli

about 20 seconds into this video there is a curious item bouncing on the drum,
maybe someone can identify it?

Last edited:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
if you guys haven't discovered all mesh bubble bags you gotta get some...no more waiting for it to drain

That was my 2nd set of bags . . . ;) although I initially bought them to get a 45u which didn't come it the first bag selection.

And as for cleaning . . . Even after aggressive cold water rinsing (never use hot!), after every 2nd or 3rd run the smaller u bags seem to start gumming up. Isopropyl works but the bags come with a warning that the stitching threads will dissolve in alcohol. So I use a dinner plate inside a dried bag so I can pool a bit of alcohol that I dip parts of the bag into to degum - avoiding the stitch areas. Then I immediately rinse with cold water and hang dry.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
20201127_150258.jpg
20201107_190230.jpg
20201011_104915.jpg

This is my 1895 hand cranked washing machine I have converted for making hash. I upgraded it with a 2" dump valve and 2" copper tubing this season.
Some trays of buds stacked and ready for they're turn in the machine. A picture of the drying hash room.
Peace farmerlion
20201011_104542.jpg

Last edited:

Piecho

I think this is right place to ask about curing.

I do have small grow for my own and enjoy fresh frozen, ice hash. My goal is to get most of the medical and taste properties for later vaporization.

I did first run with froze buds with resiny leaves. I did use 160 and 25um bags for the product, and 220 as a filter one. I did froze hash after making, then microplain and dry for about 2 days. I used pizza box with "turkey" (oven/baking/cellophane) bag inside, but keeping the airflow through the box holes. After that I put the hash together inside cellophane forming one piece. Then using glass bottle with previously boiling water pressed it inside the bag. Stopping when it gets uniform and starting to get very thin, almost transparent on the edges. Glue it into a ball, store inside cellophane foil, inside growing bag with 62% humidity moisture pack.

After 1-2 months get more resiny, cant keep the ball shape in one of the strains. I read it as a good sign, but want to want to know your ideas for improving the process without freeze-drier.

Taste is different from the 2 strains that gave me the best results. Critical Widow is more on the citrus side, works better for a day in my case. GG 4# more on berries, there barely remains anything after vaporization.

bibi40

I think this is right place to ask about curing.

I do have small grow for my own and enjoy fresh frozen, ice hash. My goal is to get most of the medical and taste properties for later vaporization.

I did first run with froze buds with resiny leaves. I did use 160 and 25um bags for the product, and 220 as a filter one. I did froze hash after making, then microplain and dry for about 2 days. I used pizza box with "turkey" (oven/baking/cellophane) bag inside, but keeping the airflow through the box holes. After that I put the hash together inside cellophane forming one piece. Then using glass bottle with previously boiling water pressed it inside the bag. Stopping when it gets uniform and starting to get very thin, almost transparent on the edges. Glue it into a ball, store inside cellophane foil, inside growing bag with 62% humidity moisture pack.

After 1-2 months get more resiny, cant keep the ball shape in one of the strains. I read it as a good sign, but want to want to know your ideas for improving the process without freeze-drier.

Taste is different from the 2 strains that gave me the best results. Critical Widow is more on the citrus side, works better for a day in my case. GG 4# more on berries, there barely remains anything after vaporization.
from my side i found than a two month cured is the minimum , that' s when you start to have the true hash flavours , i just store it in cellophane , and the time do the rest , i did smoke some i made in last november few days ago and it was really crazy ...
the more i cured one was 1 year and it was amazing ,
will try do more ( 18 and 24 monthes curing ) for comparative purpose ,

actually at 1 year cure i see only improvements in taste and can't talk about any degradation ,
so time and patience is the key ...

:tiphat:

BioSemiosi

first try of the ss150 dry sift :

View attachment 18895946

i did load the tumbler 2 times with like 100g of big trim each time ,
and run the machine 5 min for each run

directly handpress :

View attachment 18895947

View attachment 18895948

View attachment 18895949

:tiphat:
Hi @bibi40 i've the same secret box, i suggest you to modify the screen with the 100 micron, it's available as spare parts, i tried the default and that 100 micron the difference is clear, of course better with flower but also with trim the 100 micron works fine..i use to put also i little bolt or something like inside the bin to move better the stuff when the secret smoke is working :) have fun !

Lugo

Veteran
Going to go out on a limb here because Ive gotten nothing but flak over this old school cold water seperation method.

Also I may add that I have not yet had the opportunity to use bubble bags and much less a washing machine but that has never stopped me from making my own jar-tech water hash.

Obviously counting on some extremely resinous flower I can make this in the sunshine without the use of screens.

I also grind the flower prior for extra contaminant jaja which to me is more flavor and weight.

This is not going to win any awards but then again its for personal use and not for a competition.

It does demonstrate the basic principle of mechanical, cold water trichome seperation and is now being used by more than 1 hash maker to try to gauge possible yield on a particular varietal.

Don't get me wrong, if I had access to bubble bags and screens I would've gone nuts decades ago 😵‍💫😅 but in the meantime I have no complaints.

We have always been the DIY generation in a world of plug and play.

Its ALL good though!

✌️💀🌺

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1696074202995.jpg
    FB_IMG_1696074202995.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 34
  • FB_IMG_1696074236218.jpg
    FB_IMG_1696074236218.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 31
  • FB_IMG_1696074214058.jpg
    FB_IMG_1696074214058.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 38