What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

bibi40

ice o lator run of the day , with mango sapphire :

IMG_3580.JPG

:tiphat:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Hey all . . .

I have a question for guys with wash machines:

How long do you wash your first run(s)?

I have been doing 2 x 3 minute runs and then a 3rd longer one - maybe 6 - 7 minutes. I have been running with 220 & 160 filter bags and collecting at 45u.

When I scope the dry product, I still see a little bit of containments creep in so I am curious what others are doing. I realize that it is the ice bashing that produces the contamination but it is hard to avoid . . . :rasta:

bibi40

Hey all . . .

I have been doing 2 x 3 minute runs and then a 3rd longer one - maybe 6 - 7 minutes. I have been running with 220 & 160 filter bags and collecting at 45u.

When I scope the dry product, I still see a little bit of containments creep in so I am curious what others are doing. I realize that it is the ice bashing that produces the contamination but it is hard to avoid . . . :rasta:
Hi !

do you let the weed/trim rehydrate before run it ? ( i let it sit 10 min with water and ice in the machine before run it )

i run 5 min/ run 4 or 5 five times , the 2 lastest run contains more contaminant ,
perhaps try to add a 120 mic bag .

Cheers !

:tiphat:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
do you let the weed/trim rehydrate before run it ? ( i let it sit 10 min with water and ice in the machine before run it )

Yes. I dry it for a few days and break up the big buds. Then I freeze it for a day or two. Then into the ice water in the machine for 30 minutes or so. Last time I added some freezer packs to the water during this chill stage to help.

I could easily add a 120 bag and then inspect anything that it picks up.

GreenestBasterd

Hey all . . .

I’ve always done a very short 30 seconds to a minute wash on the first run and put it to the side on its own.
I also let the material soak with the ice in the machine and get fully saturated before running.

Think I heard Frenchy say it in a video some time ago…

GreenestBasterd

That would probably be very clean but I don't know if I have the patience for another run. Hmmm . . . But I am making it for myself after all . . . :rasta:
Click the dial to a minute and make a cup of tea, it’ll be done before the kettle has boiled haha

Think of it as a short burst to get the cream of the crop, then run it like usual.
Each time I re-fill the machine with material, that 30 seconds to a minute run all gets put in its own pile.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
OK. I will give it a try. Or some variation. This time of year I get to use that big freezer outside to get the water really cold. ;) But I ain't hardy enough to do the rinse work outside (2C is the high tomorrow) so the laundry tub gets the action.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Alrighty then. I did 6 runs today and that was enough for this old man. 4 x 1 minute runs and 2 x 3 minute. The first and second runs I scooped the 45u and kept it separate. The 3rd and 4th runs I scooped together and ditto for the 5th and 6th, so I have 4 piles plus some scruff from the 160 and some chalk from the 25u. I stuck them in the freezer overnight along with my micro plane and I will plane them to start drying tomorrow.

Just as an aside, after I was done bubbling I sampled a small chunk of my Cherry Valley Hash that has been aging since last June. I tried some in my little APX Volt vape at 3.2V and wow . . . it is tasty . . . .

cv-hash.jpg

Ringodoggie

Premium user
@tobedetermined , I never had much luck vaping hash. Is your vape a quartz dish type? I looked at some pics but it was hard to tell.

What kind of residue does it leave behind?

Thanks

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
I never had much luck vaping hash. Is your vape a quartz dish type? I looked at some pics but it was hard to tell.

What kind of residue does it leave behind?

It leaves just ash. And yes to quartz. A swab with an iso'd q-tip cleans it out nicely. I have also smoked hash with my Mighty using the mesh thingie but since it only goes up to 210 C, it just barely works.