What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dry sift , iceolator , dry ice hash , let show your DIY Hash and talk about it ...

bibi40

Alrighty then. I did 6 runs today and that was enough for this old man. 4 x 1 minute runs and 2 x 3 minute. The first and second runs I scooped the 45u and kept it separate. The 3rd and 4th runs I scooped together and ditto for the 5th and 6th, so I have 4 piles plus some scruff from the 160 and some chalk from the 25u. I stuck them in the freezer overnight along with my micro plane and I will plane them to start drying tomorrow.

Just as an aside, after I was done bubbling I sampled a small chunk of my Cherry Valley Hash that has been aging since last June. I tried some in my little APX Volt vape at 3.2V and wow . . . it is tasty . . . .

View attachment 18931462
i know smokin' is a bad thing ,
but seein' your piece i want to smooookke !

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
i know smokin' is a bad thing ,
but seein' your piece i want to smooookke !

Yes, it is bad . . . but sometimes . . . you know . . . you just need that slam. Vaping creeps and smoking slams.
The CV tastes very good in a pipe as well, although I just smoke snakes rather than a bowlful - which is just too wasteful for one . . . :rasta:

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Well, this is certainly the cleanest bubble hash I have made yet. I scoped it with my shitty USB microscope and it is looking great. I haven't weighed it yet since I will give it another day to dry but the scarcity of trichome tails is the first thing I noticed. Run 1 (on the right) does not actually look much cleaner than the others so I will combine everything except the scruff when I bottle roll it.

So a series of quick runs with as few ice cubes as possible - but cold, cold water - is the way to get the best quality.

And despite the fact that this strain was developed by reeferman for hash making - albeit for dry sift - the trichome production wasn't great and the return seems pretty low. Let's hope the quality makes it worthwhile.

bb-scope.jpg

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
If I sto
hi, sorry but what material is left over? Precious trichomes still pass through your sieve... small but juicy brother
I agree. That confused me as well. My 160u bag typically has very little in it, so I always keep it and the 25u in separate piles. The 160 is grittier than I would like and the 25u is chalky so I never add them to my 45u-159u hash lump. I have started separating the 1st one-minute wash as my premium ultra-clean wash.

Latest posts

Latest posts