What's new

CoCoSativas testing reefermans sativa crosses

CoCoSativas

Hi Coco the Big Sir actually do yield pretty good they just require lots of support they will finish before the Hau bac .
Big Sir is really old school genetics likes those used to breed haze not a lot of work has gone into the Big Sir since I received them from Danbo just open pollination .
We grew some really big gals at medijean and they really do get heavy dense buds just be ready to tie them up .
Any pics coming ?

Light is on, food is mixed and I'm about to head in there. Full plant shots and I'm going to probably take some plants out and take pics of the entire plant and some bud shots.

Interesting the big Sur is expected done before the hoa bac in my case it looks opposite. It could be the gnats got to the sirs worse their root balls were tiny at transplant... could just be my phenos or maybe it's just the hoa bac puts on more weight early on, I'm mot sure.

I'm very interested in everything going and I absolutely love your work reef. I tried to send you a pm I desperately want a pack of your sour pinks I'm totally bugging about those and have to have them.

Anyway I'm off to take some pics I can't wait to show off. The xds are very frosty already I'm totally stoked. They are also the same height as my kali mist and the other stuff I'm working with now.

CoCoSativas

Strawberry haze. Sorry reef I know this isn't a product of yours but jefe noche is curios and I'm sure there are a few out there. This one is much shorter and tamer than the last one and looks to be solid.

Topped hoa bac. Oh yeah... loving it

CoCoSativas

Here is the slightly taller and whiter xd11. I have another I haven't yet flowered it's still in veg I'm taking clones for next grow and will be testing that one with a bunch of clones. Reef says they are all fairly uniform so I took the one that grew with long branches, tallest and tightest structure that one grows the most upward. I like up not out. Right now I have 10 fair sized sativa bushes but because they are in small pots their size is limited. Anyway the xd is the culprit behind the major stench in the tent followed closely by the hoa bac, though the xd smells raw... not that I'm complaining I'm very interested. I can see its obvious xd11 is a keeper hybrid worth having in my collection and plan to keep it a long time to enjoy for years to come hopefully.

So this is the hoa bac untopped looks like a huge version of my slh. Like twice the size. Very impressed with the trichomes on all reefs gear all of these plants are gorgeous.

Thanks reef for posting pics and info. Again I'm sorry to you and everyone else I blab on and on, it just helps me to talk here its one of the few places I can talk freely and it feels good. I don't associate with other growers anymore after being robbed in 2013 and lost all my gear just as I was starting to make it, my company started making money and some ass hole I knew stole my 4000 watt system. It's ok I found coco after that everything happens for a reason. Did the organic coco then doing coco hydro. I'm considering trying biocanna in coco next year.

I wonder what's happening with the election. I voted for the first time. I have mixed feelings about the possibility of legal weed I wanted to keep making money off it before the big companies move in and steamroller the little guys like me. Oh well I have ideas if it becomes legal.

Hey reef I sent you a pm I'm really dying to get some of the sour pinks let me know man I am crazed thinking about them

jefe noche

Hola Homie!!

Looking delicious!! I like them all. Do not apologize for speaking in your own thread. Keep the words flowing. We are reading. I so wish there were smell-o-vision

CoCoSativas

Hola Homie!!

Looking delicious!! I like them all. Do not apologize for speaking in your own thread. Keep the words flowing. We are reading. I so wish there were smell-o-vision

Yes I can talk what I want here and do but it it a reeferman test thread not really a show off my greenhouse gear so I feel I owe it to reef to at least say that's not my docs and I posted because of mentioned interest and in no way will be focusing on that it's simply my replacement cut

CoCoSativas

Hola Homie!!

There's no replacement for the real thing I truly advise you try some of reefs gear. I'm loving all of it. These are hands down some of the best proforming sativas I've ever seen. Right from the second week of flowering the smell is overpowering and the bud development is extremely fast. They are far outstripping what I expected but I've never grown any of reefs gear.

I guess buying a sativa from a sativa lover only makes sense for me as I too love sativas

CoCoSativas

So the big Sur are crazy veg speed freaks compared to the hoa bac, or anything else I've ever grown. I've grown many hybrids with impressive vigor and would say mandala satori was one of the most vigorous previously. These cuts are twice the size the hoa bacs. Just scary big. One with longer nodes and no branching yet the other bigger leaves, long branches starting to develop. I like I got 2 phenos of big sur to try.

There were too many hoa bacs to clone them all and of course I plan to buy a wack off of reef next year and will be after the pure varieties to try, but until then I plan to keep a cut of my favorite plants chosen by structure. I cloned 3, 2 were girls bit one clone failed, the other was a girl and my first choice and is the best looking out of the hoa bacs. It's funny all the ones I gravitated to are all the whitest and I really picked just based on the structure for me. Lucky guesses I'd say, really in such a small number it wouldn't have been that hard to pick the best. Though I've noticed in the past I get these weird draws to certain plants in veg and they usually turn out to be my faves. Sounds like it's in my head right? It's been a constant thing I've noticed aspects of the plants will attract my attention and then they usually turn out the best. I never pay any extra attention to individuals that are tagged as my favorites. Nothing special just observe. I would say it's probably about 75%+ of the instances they turn out to be ones I loved the most.

Anyway so I'm very interested in these big surs, all of reefs stuff really but right now just because of the classic nature of the big Sur I'm mesmerized.

I'm rooting a bunch of clones for my next cycle just xd11 and super lemon haze. I'm that confidant I'm going to love the xd I'm running just 2 strains next cycle a all time low for me, 3 concurrent flowering varieties is my current record minimum. Anyway wow fast rooters maybe it's the rapid rooters bit looks to me like it's the xd 11 they want to root more than anything else I've cloned so far. I used to only grow from seed before I learned how to clone, too bad reef wasn't selling tons of seed back then he would have made a mint off of me, sadly most of that went to one company, I won't lie I grow alot of greenhouse shit I've never had anything out of their packs I didn't like and they are readily available retail in my city and a large selection but now reef is around and with a massive variety,as well as being such a decent and approachable guy I will say I'll be buying his varieties before spending anywhere else though I want to try one of Bodhi seeds, one of his Appalachia crosses, but I'd I can't fuck it I'm crazed about the sour pinks and would really go out of my way for some...

I just wanted to tell everyone how this all came about because I don't think I mentioned in detail. I contacted reef after trying for a few years no leads ever panned out. I got endless email addresses from a few seed banks that never got me in touch. Anyway I'm young I was a teenager and reef was winning cups back when you could find a high times. Anyway so I've been a fan for a long time and when I started growing I always wanted to try willie because of the Vietnamese heritage. Anyway when I got talking to reef and said I was a fan he offered some autos to test. He asked if I had grown autos and said no and I was hesitant to accept stuff like that especially indica autos, I just don't have auto experience and indicas won't fit in my tent along side what I grow. I mentioned there were no willie tests, reef countered and said he had some other stuff he said was much better than the willie (xd11) so I was interested if the man says it's better than the cup winner that captured my interest years ago. I said I was interested in posting a test of the big Sur and hoa bac if he felt like tacking on a single fem of the hoa bac and a couple surs. Well reef sent me full packs so I could really put on a hell of a test. What's really amazing about this was at the time my cash flow was really tight and my wife had put a zero spending on seeds as my personal account was drained, I was fucking broke as bees... my companies account was loaded but myself I was tapped so it was a real windfall for me. Once work started winding up again it was great but a was paying myself a quarter salary through winter amd it was pretty bad especially when jobs were scarce. Did alot of Shitty stuff last winter, man frozen sewer backup bullshit, all sorts... lost of rappy small moves we do moving in the winter because construction gets slow. I even plow snow if I have to winter is so bad here we do what it takes. Summer rolls around and work pours in to the point I have to sub out jobs, my contacts keep me busy. Anyway it meant the world to me that reef sent me some seeds when I really couldn't afford them and had been trying for a long time to try his stuff. I plan to spend alot of money with reef he has treated me better than any other breeder I can't even get a email back from greenhouse after 6 years of growing the shit out of their shit and telling everyone how much I like their stuff. I still do always will but reef actually talks to me, he answers questions and more than just treating me like a customer reef has treated me better than my family does, I'm serious none of my family does shit for me let alone send me hundreds of bucks in something I really love. If I ever get a gift (I try my best not to see a single fucking one of them) it's never a moment of thought put in it. I didn't lay a massive sob story on reef though I'm sure I mentioned I didn't have much scratch and he was beyond kind to me. I don't plan to spend anywhere else for a long time, there's others I want but reef treated me so well I don't really feel that inclined to spend elsewhere. Serious and s Annie have been very good to deal with but no one has ever offered me a test let alone in a time I really couldn't have gotten seeds another way.

I'm tossing my hoa bac male unflowered tonight or tomorrow. Reef never got back to me if it's ok to make more seeds for myself and I plan to buy more so I don't need more seeds. Plus I like keeping female cuts because of my limited space at the moment,so when I get around to making seeds fem crosses and s1s of my favorite cuts come before regs. I know many out there will go abomination. Fuck off it works and it's for fun. If anyone has a problem with fem seeds I don't I've grown so many fem seeds out and I never have any problems just fine bud producers. That said I preffer regs when space allows but I don't have room for a wack of males and females just a few girls I like the best. Might as well make seeds with what I have and like right? I won't be reversing any of reefs stuff though unless he tells me "why yes CoCoSativas I don't mind you making seeds for yourself as long as you don't share or sell them" or "fuck off I don't care bother me with something else more important do what you want with what's yours now" or anything lol not that I could imagine reef saying that. With how busy he is he is always very good about getting back to me as fast as he can. I've heard all sorts of criticizing comments about reef all of which I have found untrue as of this point. I've heard oh his seeds suck, they don't germ, he doesn't send, yeah I can say to the contrary none of that is true. I've heard people say he's not a nice guy. Hello I'm a nasty fucking prick reef is one of the nicest guys I have talked to online. He's just really polite, really kind and one day I hope I can buy him a few beers and a nice steak, thank him for everything and hopefully blast some of my dope, I'm not a great yielder in most cases (that's improving all the time as I learn my cuts now I can dial in a cut not try my best with 24 different phenos)but I feel the quality of my stuff is very good and anyone actually wiling to smoke something other than "kush" would be hard pressed not to like it. I made my living growing and started a construction company with the profits, I've never had anyone complain about a bag, usually I get people asking to fucking buy me out or way over my output.

Anyway thanks reef I don't plan on taking my business anywhere else and when I get ahold of you I can't wait to get some of those pink kush

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

Big high five for reef. Thanks man for hitting me back. So guys looks like Coco is getting some sour pinks. I'm in my fucking glory right now I'm so happy with my plants and all the beans I have.
When I get those I'll be popping some right away and then we'll I can't say what then but I guess my sour pink kush mania will begin.

I'm convinced these will make a good match to the sin city sour nightmare kush es I got, Pollen chuck... kali mist reverse and pollen chuck, and then there's my slh, oh man he hehe I bet that would be a funny one man I bet trimming that would get mad sticky.

Well looks like my clone library is filling up nicely. I'll be at capacity for this place right away...

THANKS AGAIN REEF. CHARLES SCOTT YOU ARE A COOL GUY AND I CAN CERTAINLY SAY YOU HAVE COMPLETELY OUTDONE MY EXPECTATIONS IN EVERY WAY. THANKS MAN REALLY I COULDN'T HAVE PUT THIS ON WITHOUT YOU, AND THANKS TO MY FRIENDS WHO ARE HERE AND KEEP ME COMPANY. I WOULDN'T EVEN BOTHER GROWING IF IT WASN'T FOR ALL YOU KEEPING ME COMPANY AND LETTING ME LET IT OUT THANK FOR BEING THERE FOR ME AND STAY TUNED THE RIDE HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN!!!

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

I forgot to mention the xd11 I selected out of the 3 has the raw smell the ones in flower in veg, and the clone dome stinks when I open it. The slh in there also stinks bad in veg, but all I can smell when I open the dome is burned rubber, metal being welded, just like when I'm at work just nasty as hell. I'm guessing that stench is the swirl of the likes of ssh and chem and wakeford man that's some serious stuff. Lol speaking of serious I miss their bubblegum. God how weird would that be taking a chem and cross it to a berry or bubble flavored plant... I intend to grab some strait chem my stuff later. Man all the seeds I want I could go broke just buying a pack of each everything I want. Well not really but it would be bad if I went nuts. Anyway I can see this xd11 will be around my place for a long time the one I'm keeping is already a new member of the family :biggrin:

helios212

Yee CoCo I agree on all terms with you about reef !
Im about to toss my old moms to some friend to pop more seeds, the vigour of the XD's is abnormal ( I hope I get my cannon cam back tonight to get some quality pics,my handy cam is too dull :/ ) good luck with the sour pinks , I hope you get what you are looking for ! :)

CoCoSativas

Yee CoCo I agree on all terms with you about reef !
Im about to toss my old moms to some friend to pop more seeds, the vigour of the XD's is abnormal ( I hope I get my cannon cam back tonight to get some quality pics,my handy cam is too dull :/ ) good luck with the sour pinks , I hope you get what you are looking for ! :)

Thanks dude. Yeah I'm loving the xd11 just love them. The one I am keeping for clones is absolutely nuts.im blown away and I haven't even flowered it yet. I'm not usually into nasty smelling weed but this reminds me of work I love it.

I can't wait for the sour pinks. It's like Crack for me seed varieties I want. I can't help it I just love running new stuff all the time. With coming legalization I can't wait until the cops don't care and I can grow away even more setup all my lights and go wild.

That's cool we are both making rooms on our keeper shelves for the xds. I garenteed no one will be disappointed in these. Reef said they were tall maybe to a indica grower but to me the hoa bac is big this cross is 3 times the size so I find xd pretty compact. It's what you are used to they are shorter than even my kali mist. Anyway love it all can't wait to send reef some cash zilla and get my last seed pickup of the year, winters coming and I find ruins seeds

helios212

Sofar I have 3 Strains I cant let go of. Wakeford , Jack47 and Lady Crane ... all are topnotch , I'll give away my chronic and Green Poison moms, to get more space for XD-11 and Early Purple Kush (wanna try that one outdoor next year )

CoCoSativas

Sofar I have 3 Strains I cant let go of. Wakeford , Jack47 and Lady Crane ... all are topnotch , I'll give away my chronic and Green Poison moms, to get more space for XD-11 and Early Purple Kush (wanna try that one outdoor next year )

I'm for sure hanging on to my slh, kali mist and now pretty much garenteed xd11 will be a permanent fixture in my garden. I'm going to run all of the cuts of reefs stuff again to see how the clones do, but I'm sure I'll be hanging on to the hoa bac and big sur a while too. I'm positive though xd11 is here to stay...

CoCoSativas

never ran reefs gear, heard great things. heard the hashplant is a killer strain he offers

All of his stuff is dope.
Hey thanks for stopping by porky the more the merrier.

Some piece of shit found the key to my wifes locker at the pool tonight and emptied it out. She brought her phone, purse and everything in. Im hoping these pieces of shit turn the phone on again we used the samsung backup to wipe it and now it will update the location when it gets turned on. Hello thieves if I find you its going to be bad

COCO thieves got me at the gym got my id, cards and phone took a lot of time to replace everything. I got a letter yesterday from credit report agency claiming someone un authorized accounts under my name, luckily they stopped the purchases. the thieves trying buy a car down south but that didn't go thru either

CoCoSativas

COCO thieves got me at the gym got my id, cards and phone took a lot of time to replace everything. I got a letter yesterday from credit report agency claiming someone un authorized accounts under my name, luckily they stopped the purchases. the thieves trying buy a car down south but that didn't go thru either

It won't be their lucky day if I ever find them. I'd be digging a hole right now if I knew who did that I'm so pissed of today has been horrible

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo coco you can get the sts materials easy and cheap all over ebay usually and a few other spots. Can find the protocol for mixing and applying a few places here on the mag. Purp frostbyte has a good protocol im sure hed share with ya. Good luck on the phone, cant stand a thief....