What's new

CoCoSativas testing reefermans sativa crosses

CoCoSativas

I'm already getting great results using strait coco in 1 gals hand watered. I would get better results than great

I've grown out the Hoa Bac and the GTK. I imagine the crosses should be fun. As Reef has mentioned the Hoa Bac (can't remember the corrected spelling) leaves kief in a bag like you wouldn't believe. Probably be perfect for QWISO.

nurlord

CoCoSativas

I've grown out the Hoa Bac and the GTK. I imagine the crosses should be fun. As Reef has mentioned the Hoa Bac (can't remember the corrected spelling) leaves kief in a bag like you wouldn't believe. Probably be perfect for QWISO.

nurlord

LoL signed nurlord. I've seen you post elsewhere welcome to my thread.

Well that's good to hear about the hoa bac. My slh is like that.

I dry sift or use bubble bags. I like making full melt

CoCoSativas

I think your idea with the perlite/coco ,2gallon (i'd even go 3 if you don't already have them) and the drip would get you great results!

I have 3 gal plastic grow bags. Don't like 3 gals for coco 1 or 2s for me. Also great I'm switching to fabric pots soon for everything.

Picture update tonight guys

rykus

I just found more medium/ lower watering a more often = better growth/yield/health. I personally don't like strait coco but have seen some killer coco rooms so that's just personal pref. but adding the perlite you could get damn close to hydro yields IMO...

Bigger buckets have bigger potential is all I'm sayin, and you got some room still. But do what you want, you will anyways and that will teach you more than most.

Cheers from BC, I got a couple things on the go, so I'll shoot ya a link when I get started on here, lol. If only the computer end was as easy...

CoCoSativas

I've learned from personal experience that adding perlite is better but I don't want the dust in my apartment so that's why I'm sticking to coco. I'm about to order 3 bags of canna coco for my next grow.

I do take advice but like you say I like to learn of myself too. I found 3 gal bags were too big unless I was vegging longer than 1 month otherwise so much coco the roots never touched.

I am using the 1 gals because honestly the hoa bacs are already close to the light for week 2 it's pretty wild. While I do have room I may have to move the charcoal filter to raise the light more I have the setup pretty compacted in there and am actually using a larger diameter filter than I need (I don't believe in overkill the setup is fine for the tent but it's the biggest one I'd hang in any tent and could probably use this filter to scrub the whole room if I wanted it's a can 33 I used to use a can 50 and 6 inch vortex for a whole basement of stinky ass indicas. Anyway I don't want them getting too big the hoa bacs are already bigger than my kali finishes. I bet if I put it in a 3 gal fabric with perlite one plant would take up the majority of the tent.

Thanks for following everyone I'm just about to upload some pics, the stretch has slowed because of the small post but not stopped

CoCoSativas

So pics from yesterday as promised. I take pics every week then post a day later I know it's not ideal but by the time I'm done my work I'm tired and ready for bed.

Here's a pic from another site reef has released a sour pink. Oh good god I want that soooo bad it's not even funny. I want that more than anything else on the market right now.
I think that one would do really well in my areas market. I also have an interest in making my own selection within those genetics. I like making seeds for my own enjoyment

CoCoSativas

So far a xd popped a banana. Could be related to the fact these plants were attacked by gnats. They are almost totally gone just killing off the last few. Anyway I'm not choked at all and understand these things happen. If it's a herm machine I'll toss it but otherwise I'm finishing it. Already shiny at week 2 quite impressive. Anyway from what reef said if it Herms I'd understand it was an experiment (a damn cool idea modern science at work) it's helping us understand making seeds a little more.

Here's my kali mist. I love this stuff amd right now my dutch sativas are the standard I'm holding reefs stuff to. I expect as good or better than my cuts from what I have going already I'm very impressed. Reef has been very kind as well as helpful answering questions. I plan to keep cuts from this stuff for a while I'm really excited about all of it. At first I was thinking I would have rather the Chem x hoa back but these ones crossed with the gtk are interesting.

I do wish there was more info on reefs strains in the description. I get it though it's old school. I just wish there was a list of expected average heights and a better description of flavor, smell and effect some are very descriptive (harmoney) but others are less so. I have no complaints just my opinion which would make it a little easier to select strains. Reef has a amazing selection and more description would make it easier to choose which first

CoCoSativas

Man that tent stinks like crazy. Way more than my dutch haze ever could except super lemon haze. I think it's coming from the hoa bacs. Though I hit a xd11 oh my god it stink like burnt hair and rubber mixed with shit and hell and everything nasty in the world. Just harsh nasty. I take it as a good sign people in my area will a prove.

I just got some grape krush seeds. I wonder if I should consider making a grape krush x hoa bac seeds to try out. I asked reef if it's ok if I make seeds with the testers FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY and if it's ok I will otherwise I'll keep cuts to grow to smoke but I'll respect whatever reef says. I'm not selling any cuts of his stuff because I didn't pay for the testers so I don't feel right making money off the genetics. I'm ok selling the bud I think that's fair but the genetics is where I cross the line plus I want to keep it exclusive so if reef said hey pass it around sell the cuts I don't care I still wouldn't unless I sent him the cash for the packs he sent me first I would feel right. Now if I fall in love with the xd that I kept In veg because I liked it's structure the most and it clones easy I might send reef the 100 so I can sell them in good faith. Who knows it looks like badass stuff I'm totally in love with this one. Normally fat dark indica leaves don't do it for me but this hybrid Is beyond cool. Just the concept let alone the actual plants I love them and couldn't be happier.

It's sure quiet in here. I miss the chats anyone lurking about feel free to speak up I would love to hear anything people have to say or any questions no one wants to watch a thread where I just keep talking...

jefe noche

Hello Coco,

Keep up the good work my friend. That Grape Krush sounds interesting. What is she? We were inspecting my outdoor East Coast Sour Diesel today and she makes your fingers reek of dank garlic for hours!

CoCoSativas

Hello Coco,

Keep up the good work my friend. That Grape Krush sounds interesting. What is she? We were inspecting my outdoor East Coast Sour Diesel today and she makes your fingers reek of dank garlic for hours!

Grape krush is some of dj shorts work it's from the blueberry family. I gotta list all the stuff I'm saving to make seeds with I'll probably have so many cuts by the end of next year... just some crazy shit man lots of stuff from all over the place... will also list the stuff I really want. Number one right now is reefs sour pink I can't wait to here back I'm trrrriping about that one I want it so bad and have no intention of joining that forum unless I don't hear back from reef in the next couple weeks. Anyway I'm loving the local pink kush it's amazing and has improved alot and think if only I had a frikin sour pink... just seems like the strain to make a mint with!

Golden Tree

Looking great dude!

Got my mouth watering with your ODOR descriptions....Mmmmmm!

Thanks for sharing....can't wait to see the finish....

Ohhhhh boy!

Respects

GT

CoCoSativas

looking good in here guys.whats the Hoa Bac?

Vietnamese landrace reef got from a Vietnamese buddy. Lots of them out where he is I dated a Vietnamese girl once she was really cool. She was from Vancouver her parents came from Vietnam.

So far this stuff stinks like crazy man. I haven't smelled any dutch sativa reek like this... never 2 weeks into flower like this it's nuts.

Holy shit I worked all day doing repairs on a cash job I picked up. 500 a day cash day rate for him. I could do 2 of those and pay my portion of the rent and house bills and phones (everything except vehicle payments add another couple and I'm laughing if I wanted to I could work 4 or 5 days a Month living off of cash not even considering what my company brings in. It's nice it was slow last winter and I depleted alot of my personal savings now I'm laughing again. Looks like this winter will be easy if I keep doing what I'm doing.

CoCoSativas

I feel like such a tard. So I got some pink bag seed, traded it all away. Then a buddy sends me some pinks a whole pack he ordered then I traded those away, but I really want that sour pink from reef it's like Crack for me right now I'm not at all looking at any other varieties because I want that one so bad. I really think not only will I be addicted to it but it should kill it in my area, and that's what I need right now is something killer marketable. I have a few cuts right now but I need some more. Once I hear back from reef I'm going to get some of those I really want them. It's so stupid I feel like a child I want it so bad except I can afford it, and can have them as soon as I talk to reef. I know he's busy so I'm cool when he has time he will hit me back. I should get some cbd something too I wanted the original willie bit I think the cbd one is a little more modern and I won't lie I like growing poly hybrids. They have unique characteristics and now I keep cuts weirdo plants are appealing to me. I should buy more tga. I have a pack of Pandora box my hydro shop had them hidden away and since they are now gone coco has them safely stashed away. Limited edition or vanishing varieties I'm all over. I'm a capitalist at heart and will one day make that 85 bucks pay for themselves I know people out there will want them. I know I'd pay for someone's selections on varieties now gone because those reproductions will likely germ because they are fresher and because they are otherwise gone. I'd love a pack of ace of spades and regret not grabbing some I thought they would be around forever. Just a pretty looker but oh well maybe a similar thinker is waiting a couple years to cash in. I actually have more than a few hard to come by varieties I don't tell anyone I have. I have a few varieties I plan to hang onto for later days.

I'm pretty interested in quite a few varieties I wish seeds were cheaper my wife won't let me go nuts otherwise I would and have no spending money for anything else. I'd really like to make seeds to sell one day but it's not a rush so many "breeders" popping up chucking fucking pollen because they think that 25$ pack is getting them somewhere and they have to pump out as many as they can before their rep catches up and murders them... I want to offer some selections when I have a few more cuts I'll likely start offering fems it's easier for me to keep a whack of gals around and reverse them and make s1s and fem crosses.

I need to look into where to get sts or make it I watched a thing reef and m.h. said on a YouTube video of a thing they were doing talking about breeding and making fem seeds so I think I won't bother with the colloidal silver thing. It's a mad pain in the ass sounds like sts is the way to go. I'll have to figure out where to get it or how to produce it I can lay my hands on all sorts of wack shit even explosives (licensed and needed sometimes on site, lol I'd rather blow up tree stumps that bring in a stump grinder if I'm out of town there's other stuff I do like demo, and I'm sometimes contracted to help with building demo in my city do to my specialized training handling boom booms... The municipal services do most of it but they call me for all sorts of stuff do to my extensive licensing and I have ins with several departments from parks to water and sewer services, roads I know alot of people some are people who worked for me and I helped get them those positions with a shining reference... there's guys twice my age with my whole lifetimes experience who can't get jobs I do because I'm fucking certified to handle materiel and do jobs 98% of the contractors out there don't do. Sure there's all sorts of companies in every industry but it helps when you have alot of contacts, I live in my hometown. Why bother looking in the phone book when 1 guy does it and if he doesn't he's got a guy on staff or at the very least the name of the guy you really want to talk to.

I'm beat. Early bedtime and sleep in for me tonight. I can't wait until those xd11 are done my god they reek.i can't wait to smoke that shit I hope it's like what I imagine. I'm really curious about all of reefs stuff and pleased beyond belief. I do hope that nasty smell I got off the xd gets a little nicer for my sake. I don't need to be stealth I have a prescription to posses now I just don't like stank ass shit... though it's exciting even thrilling because I haven't experienced that in a while I used to have some really rank stuff. Its cool to try a sativa like that...

Last edited:

CoCoSativas

God I feel like shit my back hurts. Anyway plants are looking killer. I can see the big surs are not going to yield very well compared to the hoa bac, but I do t care. Everything looks killer. Xd 11s are pretty interesting I kept the one with the best structure just cloning it now trying in rapid rooters.

The strawberry haze is pretty neat it looks like it will yield very well the plant is already very heavy. It's the most compact in the room it was really multi topped and vegged for a couple months and it's going to yield really well though I'm surprised it didn't get bigger.

I'll note that all the hoa bacs that are topped (the 2 I cloned) are going to yield much better than the non topped ones I can already see it.

I love everything in here. I just raised the light last night I'm pretty impressed I'm loving reefs killer sativa hybrids. Can't wait to smoke them

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi Coco the Big Sir actually do yield pretty good they just require lots of support they will finish before the Hau bac .
Big Sir is really old school genetics likes those used to breed haze not a lot of work has gone into the Big Sir since I received them from Danbo just open pollination .
We grew some really big gals at medijean and they really do get heavy dense buds just be ready to tie them up .
Any pics coming ?

Attachments

• Bigsir.jpg
    Bigsir.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 18
  • BigsirHW.jpg
    BigsirHW.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 18

CoCoSativas

Man those sativas sounds awesome!!! Cant wait for that strawberry one. May I ask how you flush your coco?

Well I first used flora kleen. Works really well but then I saw canna says use enzyme for flush. I had an idea last time I did a 10 day flush with flora kleen and enzyme. Wow man it was so flushed out the ash is as white as my organics, and seriously burns as clean I highly advise people try using the enzyme and the flora kleen together it worked amazingly well. This is one of the few cases I don't have a scientific reason and was a try and find out but if they both work on their own as a flush why not try see if they work together and voila.

Yes I'm excited to try a new strawberry cut. My last was mediocre at best and didn't clone for dick