What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCoSativas testing reefermans sativa crosses

Thanks man. The canna food fucking murders the gh man. The clones I just finished were done a week faster (they were clones and the environment was better and the food was better) the quality was incredible this time. Thanks for the kind words. I plan to put on a nice show with reefs stuff.

I'm very pleased I have a female clone of the big Sur and the hoa bac. I found the big Sur female just now. So far there's 7 confirmed girls in my tent. 2 xd 11, 3 hoa bac, 1 strawberry haze (I'm trying out a new pheno my last one didn't clone for shit) and one big Sur. If I gut another 2 females I'll be happy I'm expecting these will be a similar size to my kali mist as reef crossed them to his golden temple kush. I'm thinking everything should hit around a meter which would be great. Indoor sativas that are a meter tall and finish on 10-12 weeks are ideal in a tent setup like mine (in my opinion)

From the pics of big Sur on reefs site I'm beyond excited. The hoa bac too. I bet the two would make a killer hybrid (though I'd use the original pure version, and probably either cross a male Sur to a female hoa bac or I'd make fem seeds using a big Sur female reversed to make fem cross between the two. It would be very interesting I think.

I wonder what would happen if you took a pack of hoa bac, big Sur, harmony and Willie all in the same room and let them do a massive open pollenation. Oooohhhh can't forget love potion too. Just a mad mash up poly hybrid of all reefs craziest sativas. I think it would be a neat experiment, I'd probably throw a cut of each of my keepers in on the super skanky pollenation. Lol jeep doing random open pollenation with all the progeny until you have some weirdo sativa poly hybrid. I'm pretty ripped but I bet whatever came out of that room after 10 generations would probably look hilarious. I'd imagine the taste and smell would seriously lack character but who knows what type of effect you could get. I've always wondered what would happen letting nature do its thing in a room for a couple years just to make your own indoor hybrid that's basically adapted to growing indoors after so long and really just became one big melting pot.

I think it would be a neat experiment. Since reef has alot of selection I think it would be interesting. I'd probably have to toss in his sour diesel bx too damn that would get funky. Who knows I might do it, I could do it with a small tent and small plants popped in .5 gal containers. Or even 1 litres containers. I bet no one's really done something g like that let them just do their thing for generations. I won't lie though I'd put some outside cuts in from other breeders just for the first one to harvest unique seeds for fun, but would put those seeds in for the future generations I'd just do it with reefs stuff.

I'm sure reef will laugh at my weirdo idea but I'm sure as a fellow sativa smoker I'm sure he can forgive me im smoking kali mist and a grapefruit sativa cross at almost 1am... sometimes goofy ideas come up but hey it could be fun. Imagine what would emerge after 10 generations of random pollenation. Nothing "deciding" what gets matched, just a fan and random odds. I'd probably keep track of the number of males and try keep them balanced, as far as number of males. I wouldn't want 7 diesel males and 2 big Sur males, I'd want them all to get a fair chance I'd probably mix them all around in the room at random for a truly random selection. I keep picturing a monster plant that throws ninja stars and smoke bombs when you try and harvest it... Who knows I know one thing is for sure I'm not leaving any ninja stars in that room to find out. Maybe get one of those no weapons allowed signs for the room, killer plants yo! Lol couldn't help myself really though I think it would be cool to see all that stuff kinda melt together into the same thing and just keep at it until it's a inbred line. I guess it would take quite a while with all those genetics to get there, starting from weird poly hybrid Mashup room. Who knows I don't therefore maybe I'll run that "experimen" later for something to laugh about. Sure would be interesting...

I have thought about putting a few gens of "shuffling" genetics into the deck, then selecting from there. Would probably be a wide range of phenos acclimated to your indoor enviro :)

CoCoSativas

I have thought about putting a few gens of "shuffling" genetics into the deck, then selecting from there. Would probably be a wide range of phenos acclimated to your indoor enviro :)

I'm considering letting them hash it out, my only guidance being keeping plant numbers equal between strains so not one thing takes over. After the first pollenation it would be random, other than I'd keep track of what mom's stuff came off of and then kept it equal as far as start a equal number from each mom.

I bet after long enough doing it you would have one hell of a weird indoor plant but I imagine the results could be interesting

CoCoSativas

So this crops flower started on Monday as opposed to my Saturday usual. Still not working, enjoying chilling at home. I didn't feel up to starting up on Saturday too much to do so I waited until Monday to start flowering. I've grown used to my medium height sativas so I hope these are all fairly reasonable and similar height. I'm fine if they aren't but it makes my job easier.

So everything is sexed. 5/7 hoa bac are female, 2/4 big Sur, and of course the 2 xd 11 were fems, and I'm testing a new strawberry haze cut from greenhouse (I didn't have room for it in the veg tent and I can use the extra bud, plus see if this one turns out better the last one didn't clone well

Reefs gear clones really well, I'm stoked. Regular seeds are always a joy. No myself in fems. I'm glad I've got a fair number of plants. O hope the 10 will fit ok in the square meter tent. The way I layed it out should be OK, plus they are all in 1 gal pots. Anyway my overall impression is reefs stuff is top notch. They clone well, veg like mad, so far everything sexed pretty quick, I'm very pleased. I can't tell everyone how lucky I feel I've wanted to try reefs stuff for a while, more than a single gifted cut. Charles was very accommodating he let me test the stuff I really wanted to grow which was cool because there aren't any tests for hoa bac or big Sur I could find and both deserve some attention, I hear the big Sur doesn't sell too well which is sad so far I'm totally impressed, scrog growers out there would love these. Same if you super crop wow bendy...

Anyway I'll put up a cleaner week by week complete thread when I'm done but until then I'll probably chat away alot on this one

CoCoSativas

Looks like your having fun Coco, going to keep up on this one see how they turn out!

Right on. Yeah I figure we might as well chat about whatever comes to mind, then when it's all done I'll put up something with no blab and clear and concise. Until then though we might as well talk about whatever. This thread is really just to keep everyone going until it's all done and I can put it up in a way that's professional looking for reed.

I'm stoked 10 fairly good sized girls. Beginning of week 2 and they are fairly impressive. I can't wait to see how tall everyone ends up this could fill my entire tent to the nuts. Good for a laugh I'll be pretty stoked if they fill it out completely. It's a good thing reef crossed them to the gtk I bet they will fit the tent better than the pure surs or hoa bac. Anyway I'm stoked follow along should be a good one.

helios212

keep that up coco :)
my XD-11's just left the propagator, if you dont mind I ll post a pic here in a 2-3 weeks ...
reef taunted me with his seeddrop at ********* on friday again ^^

-tempa-

Looking good Bro and that super lemon haze a couple pages back looks awesome man ...pulling up a chair for the reeferman gear bro looking good

Charles-scott

Veteran
I have made several small hybrid f-1 with HB trying to figure out the best f-1 to put into production the GTK is a top contender ! Much better than Nepalese turned out .
Trying to create a New Willie Type that is superior .
C

CoCoSativas

Looking good Bro and that super lemon haze a couple pages back looks awesome man ...pulling up a chair for the reeferman gear bro looking good

Thanks buddy. I'm not a pro and can always learn more but by my areas standard my shit is a 10/10 and fetches a pretty hefty price. I always have stellar reviews and lots of calls back asking for more. I appreciate the kind words for sure. It makes me proud I know I grow a high quality product I'm never disappointed and I'm kind of a snob. I will smoke lesser quality but strive to never produce it. I won't rip someone apart if their product is not that good (unless they are rude and cocky then I sometimes will pop a balloon head) and like to try a little of everything but at the end of the day quality Is more important than yield to me and no matter if it's for me or for sale I treat it with all the same love.

Well thanks again and I'm glad to see interest building. Please everyone feel free to comment. As this is a test thread I'd appreciate everyone keeps up the positive thoughts and vibes. It keeps the thread enjoyable and attractive for those seeking info rather than a bunch of seed company personal attacks that some threads turn into. I will stand up anytime and tell anyone what a decent guy charles is and how much I enjoy his works the quality is incredible.

CoCoSativas

Hey buddy. Yesterday was day 7. I didn't snap a pic yesterday but I will take one tonight. Lights on in just over a hour. I'll get some quality shots and upload them. I have to be up early tomorrow so I won't add more than 3-5 group shots.

These plants are all being grown in 1 gal pots (4 litres) of coco with a 600 watt hps (hortilux bulb, gavita digistar ballast) and I'm using canna coco ab set food, technaflora thrive alive, a.n. sensizym, a.n. carboload though I use enzyme once a week larger dose and never use zmy and carb together, and I'm also using dynagro protekt. Last go I didn't use carbs and am testing to see if using them will boost my yield. I know people who swear by them I'm not big on advanced nutrients AT ALL but I'm using what my shop stocks to replace cannas goodies. Last go turned out really well, so I'm going to try adding a little more. When I started using hydro food I was very aprehensive about addatives and believed I should only bother with base food. Well first go with hydro food I just used gh flora, floralicious plus and protekt. Worked alright but this last run using better food and some nice adds and I had even better quality stuff and the plants were much happier.

That said reefs plants are certainly happy with the dose I found to work well with kali mist and super lemon haze.

Anyway I have to go grab some food for my wife for when she wakes up before she works the overnight and I have some stuff I have to get done. I'll post some pics in a bit thanks windy city smoker for popping in

CoCoSativas

As promised here are those pics. Usually I'm a slacker on pics and putting them up on a time frame but as I'm testing these for reef I best keep at it. New pics coming next Monday.

I'm really impressed I was a little shake about the xds and if they would fit along with the others height wise. So far the canopy is pretty even.

I vegged these for quite a while.so these are the biggest I've ever flowered a plant in coco so far. They are in 1 gals so I don't expect them to get too nuts but I'm thinking with the stretching in 7 days I may have to cut the main stocks in a few days so the tops dot get too crazy. I'll see what happens I'm expecting in the 1 gals they probably won't get too big. I was planning on using 2 gal fabric pots this time but next time. It's convenient in my small place to just take the plants out of the veg tent/overflow area and bring them into the flower tent. In my next place with more space the plan is more lights, bigger veg area and drop the cfl for something a bit stronger. The plan is keep my mom's in one space, and put clones directly into 2 gal fabrics. I liked the 2 gal fabrics over the 1 gals...

Oh and I've decided I'm going to order some of cannas coco I only have one more crops worth of coco I think. I haven't decided if I'm going to invest in some grow rocks, but will likely use the 8 cubic feet of perlite I have in my closet. I decided not to use it yet because it's to dusty in my place. I might grab a smaller bag and wet it and stretch the coco and aerate it even more. I like cannas coco food and plan to invest in the whole line right down to the coco. After a while I'm going to do a head to head with their original coco system and their cogr board and food system. Probably do a portion of a crop doing the original coco deal for a while I'm only halfway through my bottles and another ordered to stock up before winter. Anyway next year I'll run a side by side their two systems plus I'll try the cogr in fabric pots. Once I get a auto water system and a drain res I'll set it up. I'm going to invest in pump, line and a dual cycle timer and auto feed it. Also plan to try my hand (and my cuts) in dwc or maybe a waterfarm... lol haven't done organic In a while and canna makes it real easy. Bio canna sweet no more bats shit! No more worm shit! No more banana compost, no more mess of fermenting kelp and alfalfa. Thank you canna for making my life easy. I love their coco food and probably will use their stuff as long as it's available. Quality stuff. Speaking of quality enough about my enjoying my plant food, the genetics. Real masterpiece stuff. I'm inclined to make some bubble when I harvest the xd 11s. Thinking about getting into concentrates more, those setups to make shatter look dope... Vac purge ovens and shit... CLS... I'm starting to get to the point I want concentrates and bid all the time

CoCoSativas

Oh I reeve led my reflector and cool tube they were way off I'd what the hell happened totally out of wack. Got it handled now lifted the wing and fixture a bit, strained them both out then raised them a bit. Still have room to go if I fill the whole tent I'd be soooo excited so far I've filled the whole square but the plants were only 50% as tall as they could have been. I like keeping them in the 1 gals pretty manageable. I don't know what to expect from these so I'm playing it safe.

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
looking great bro!:yoinks: im also a SLH lover and a haze man in general. im gonna be trying Kali mist next year for the first time and if its as good as ppl say it will be a keeper for me as well. i wrote on ur wall about paradise Delahaze! u can check my sig and see the pics of the Delahaze i grew this year. i been growing it for the last 4 years ever year guerilla style and it turns out great. since i know u are a sativa/haze man such as myself i would highly rec u give it a try on ya next run. its a huge yeilder outdoors 1lb+ in a guerilla setting for me ever year. im a bit late to the party but im pulling up a chair as well if ya dont mind:whee:

Golden Tree

CoCo looking good....thanks for updating...it's a very nice lineup...hope you find some gems....I'm sure you will....your haze looks really really nice dude!

Thanks for the updates!

Cheers

GT

CoCoSativas

My Beds at the big facility are all t-tape drip irrigation on a custom made coco blend we use general hydro with cap-mag .
Charles

Hi reef I feel like a fucking idiot u asked you a shit load of times what you feed and totally missed this post. Oh my god I feel like a moron.

Interesting you use beds. I would too if I grow your scale and to a flood and drain probably... maybe do a normal top drip but I like the idea of full saturation of a aeration mix.

I'd love to own the store reef shops at probably keeps those fucked in business.

I noticed a recent reeferman drop elsewhere the xds are public damn!!! Oh and that chem x hoa bac good good the genius in that hybrid... I bet all those chem/og fiends would be alllll over that... I'm sure I'll have to send reef some cash when space opens up. It will probably be a big order my wife will want to kill me.

CoCoSativas

Very nice keep them coming:tiphat:

You bet I will. Sorry for the delay. I've been sitting around at home for so long it's hard to stay on top of things.

Man they are stretching upward rapidly. I have a feeling these are really going to fill it up. They are massive for day 7 by far the biggest I've ever seen at this point. I don't typically veg this long but reef sent them and when I received them I started them as soon as I could. I wanted to fill all that vertical void anyway what's the point of growing I'd I'm bot constantly challenging myself. I stopped growing indicas because of the monotonous nature they are so easy and kinda boring. Growing sativas takes some refinement, and caution when feeding as they are super efficient with food uptake. Lol everyone thinks they are sensitive no not at all they require different food because they grow under tatally different conditions and have to work with what they got. They put on a massive amount of structure with little amount of food I don't recognize that as sensitive I view it as they are extremely efficient. Are you going to say a Honda is sensitive to gas because it uses less than your hummer?

Anyone who owns any hummer after the original should light the thing on fire. Real nice for the environment good thinking buying those... I hope no one reading has one, if so shame on you whoever you are...

rykus

I think your idea with the perlite/coco ,2gallon (i'd even go 3 if you don't already have them) and the drip would get you great results!

Latest posts

Latest posts