What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCoSativas testing reefermans sativa crosses

Granger2

Veteran
http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=365_117&products_id=966
http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=365_13_220&products_id=1406
They're temporarily out of the king size filter tubes. You can roll king size length and twist extra paper
http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=90_146&products_id=1526
Trust me on the "mild" tobacco.
http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=365_7&products_id=632

Make your own for under $1.60 pak w/shipping [after paying for the electric roller]. Get about 5 cartons of filter tubes per lb. of tobacco. Good luck. -granger

CoCoSativas

http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=365_117&products_id=966
http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=365_13_220&products_id=1406
They're temporarily out of the king size filter tubes. You can roll king size length and twist extra paper
http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=90_146&products_id=1526
Trust me on the "mild" tobacco.
http://www.rollyourown.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=365_7&products_id=632

Make your own for under $1.60 pak w/shipping [after paying for the electric roller]. Get about 5 cartons of filter tubes per lb. of tobacco. Good luck. -granger

i used to roll my own like i roll joints. then i made enough money to buy a pack every day. now im doing pretty good slowing dwn to a pack or two a week. though the oxy makes me rabid for cigarettes. speaking of the smokeys i could go for one right now...

i havent got ripped on the oxys lately. my systems getting used to it so now insead of me getting wasted im functioning pretty normally. im glad im not so fuzzy but it feels good to get that high feeling off of it. ill be glad when the pain is gone, im not keen on getting hooked on the things. if i could give up smoking id be alot happier. i dont think id be happy if i was hooked on painkillers

im on the laptop phones dead so ill have to do the xd pics tomorrow. i use my phone almost exclusivly... i dont know how to transfer onto computer or find where i put them it would take me hours to figure out.

Charles-scott

Veteran
Hi coco looking good man sorry been without computer lets throw up a XD-11 picture

Attachments

• XD11-4.jpg
    XD11-4.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 31
  • xd-11-5.jpg
    xd-11-5.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 25
  • XD-11.jpg
    XD-11.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 33

CoCoSativas

wheres some more pics?? the last ones you put up were 21 days ago... very slow journal...
cheers mate..

Its veg, pretty boring stuff. Sorry I have to finish the hazes in the tent. There will be weekly updates on the next one. Fepending on the male fenale ratio from reefs stuff there may be other stuff going in, if theres not enough girls.

I have pics of the little ones ive just been busy and this computer really sucks its really slow to update pics, and my wifes been hasstling me blaming me for her being sad over "not being affectionate". Its frustrating. She makes a big deal about me using to forums its annoying sometimes.

I took some clones of the plants that are my favorites so far. Im kinda overloaded with seedlings and clones im missing the days of my few moms and chopping some clones for the run... thats ok should be a bit simpler once I slim down clones

CoCoSativas

Hi coco looking good man sorry been without computer lets throw up a XD-11 picture

Hey man I know I kinda tossed quite the mix for thos one.

Im sure you have grown kali mist (lets face it what sativa crazed bandito hasnt haha) so lets use it as a referance. My curent cut is about a meter tall with a quick veg, 70-80 days, heavy yield.... anyway, im guessing the sirs and hbs will possibly get taller than my kali? What is the expected flower duration for those two (as they are hybrid with gtk) ?

Also what type of height should I expect from the xds? Will they be substantially shorter and faster than the rest of my stuff? This is really important information, because if the xds are shorter and faster by alot then I may test them in my following grow which will be a 4 square meter grow so if its going to be really different than the rest let me know and ill save those (ill run one for myself to smoke out) and put them to a really awesome test. Let me know reef.

Again huge thanks to reef for this test. So far im totally in love with the big sirs vegging. I cant wait to flower those im just so excited for all of it.

CoCoSativas

Haha making some cannabutter with some fresh bud. In my current run thats flowering I had 2 really tiny super lemon hazes. One was in the back behind all the plants tied to the roof poles of the tent. So I cut this thing as it was going to eventually fall over or break, maybe the top land in the recession in the flood table in the tent (its there for superior drainage which let me tell you if you use containers, ditch sausers and use high or low tides for better draining my plants love it)

Sooo im looking at this pint sized bitch (the big one that was vegged 4 weeks instead of 1 has more weight on one branch than the entire shorty) im thinking hell I dont really want to waste it smoking it (its a week 6 plant) and health canadas now allowing producers to ship fresh (so im like wtf what else would you do with fresh other than make charas and off a tiny plant hell no)

I forgot how much fun it is cooking this stuff up. I wonder how much I could get for a tray of brownies? 100 bucks? 200? Theres a dealer I know ill have to talk to see what hed pay for the shit. I mean its alot of work as im producing it start to finish. Im funny though, when I cut out the middleman I charge more. Im a real capatilist fucker i believe in making money.

This one smells sooooo good. The pot on the stove is blowing out the craziest sweet/lemon/butter smell. I hope this ones a winner for cooking butter. I know no ones really selling edibles in my area, and when they come around its always novel and people go nuts.

It was so funny here I am using my scissors in a way I never had. Crudely chopping the buds into the simmering water/butter cook mix shit. Ive never done that to buds before, I wonder how many out there have done what I did tonight. Oh and they were pretty buds too.

So I have limited experience doing edibles. Do you guys find the high is as different vetween strains eating as smoking? Is the smoking high typically simillar to the eating high? Ive made a few batches but last one was in 2013 with my ex, and before that probably 09... so memories a little foggy and I never really compared it.

Now im convinced I have to make some big sir holy weed brownies, just because the concept pleases me.

Yo , Always wanted to try reeferman genetics will be checkin in perhaps you can get me order something apart from the nigerian nightmare:biggrin: . satica Xs sound good bro

CoCoSativas

Thanks guys. Soooo I harvested my room full of dutch gear. Super lemon haze, kali mist, strawberry haze (gh) and I did have a next gen jamaican grapefruit (sold as a single at vancouver seed bank they say its a next gen strain but theres a reg of this one offered by secret valley)

The super lemon haze fucking killed it. This cut is the prettiest plant ive ever grown/seen in person. All the fancy clone shit can kiss my ass... im only now starting to grow ogs and shit because "market demand"
But before that im going to enjoy my reef test grow, stock up on some personal stash stuff before I move in some kush... I said I never would but thats the market. Theres people that are iffy to try this because its not kush. Are you fucking kidding me? God damn kids...

Anyway I enjoy my dutch stuff but super pleased to put on a sweet test grow and attract some attention to a famous canadian breeder making a comeback! Thanks again reef for the stuff to test, im very happy with this.

Oh and im not posting any pics until day 7of flower. Im doing one more week of veg (transplant time) with my co2 bucket, and then im going to start flowering (I preffer to start on a saturday but I was up all night last night harvesting so im vegging another week amd then im going to start flower on my usual day. Call me crazy but when Im working I work 9-5 so I get up on saturday ready for harvest so thats why I aim it like that. I havent decided when to return to work, but I might sell my company and do something else (like grow dope)

I did manage to root some pretty clones, all the big sirs rooted, I cloned 2 hoa bacs that went and another new slh and kali. Im happy with the 100% success I had some issues loosing whole trays this summer but ive got it ironed out. Temps and old root powder. Fuck off... lol anyway im excited and hopefully find something cool in the population. I cloned all the big sirs because they were really big and tall(big sir dom) but I cloned the two tallest hoa bacs and now cloning the third tallest. On the hunt for big plants that will fill my tent. The stuff I have now all Iis pretty compact, around a meter tall, I want something thats gonna shoot, I want a challenge in the tent. I actually want to raise the lamt this time..

Well guys stay tuned here comes some cool stuff im sure we have all wanted to see. Im glad to do a test on these that way next time someone is as curious as I am its already there. Id test anything reef wants to send me, as far as im concerned its worth every effort and second put in to bring awareness to his amazing genetics.

Oh reef also included some accidental haze x pakistani... I didnt have room this time but soon ill have those going too.

Thanks guys. Soooo I harvested my room full of dutch gear. Super lemon haze, kali mist, strawberry haze (gh) and I did have a next gen jamaican grapefruit (sold as a single at vancouver seed bank they say its a next gen strain but theres a reg of this one offered by secret valley)

The super lemon haze fucking killed it. This cut is the prettiest plant ive ever grown/seen in person. All the fancy clone shit can kiss my ass... im only now starting to grow ogs and shit because "market demand"
But before that im going to enjoy my reef test grow, stock up on some personal stash stuff before I move in some kush... I said I never would but thats the market. Theres people that are iffy to try this because its not kush. Are you fucking kidding me? God damn kids...
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61898&pictureid=1498819&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61898&pictureid=1498813&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61898&pictureid=1498804&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61898&pictureid=1498805&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=61898&pictureid=1498807&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Anyway I enjoy my dutch stuff but super pleased to put on a sweet test grow and attract some attention to a famous canadian breeder making a comeback! Thanks again reef for the stuff to test, im very happy with this.

Oh and im not posting any pics until day 7of flower. Im doing one more week of veg (transplant time) with my co2 bucket, and then im going to start flowering (I preffer to start on a saturday but I was up all night last night harvesting so im vegging another week amd then im going to start flower on my usual day. Call me crazy but when Im working I work 9-5 so I get up on saturday ready for harvest so thats why I aim it like that. I havent decided when to return to work, but I might sell my company and do something else (like grow dope)

I did manage to root some pretty clones, all the big sirs rooted, I cloned 2 hoa bacs that went and another new slh and kali. Im happy with the 100% success I had some issues loosing whole trays this summer but ive got it ironed out. Temps and old root powder. Fuck off... lol anyway im excited and hopefully find something cool in the population. I cloned all the big sirs because they were really big and tall(big sir dom) but I cloned the two tallest hoa bacs and now cloning the third tallest. On the hunt for big plants that will fill my tent. The stuff I have now all Iis pretty compact, around a meter tall, I want something thats gonna shoot, I want a challenge in the tent. I actually want to raise the lamt this time..

Well guys stay tuned here comes some cool stuff im sure we have all wanted to see. Im glad to do a test on these that way next time someone is as curious as I am its already there. Id test anything reef wants to send me, as far as im concerned its worth every effort and second put in to bring awareness to his amazing genetics.

Oh reef also included some accidental haze x pakistani... I didnt have room this time but soon ill have those going too.

Bro congrats on the harvest:tiphat: them frosties look very good.Are all those pictures of the superlemonhaze or mixed? was it a greenhouse slh? spark one up for me coco take it easy

CoCoSativas

Last out of a pack I bought in 2013. Yes greenhouse original slh. The pics are all slh.

I originally bought the pack as a gift for my ex. She only had 1 strain back then, so I bought a pack and we started a couple. Two went and she was happy I kept the other 3 (she said she wouldt pop them becuese she had the two and was satisfied) and this was the last out of the pack. Go figure I got the nicest pheno in the pack.

Heres the kali mist I have. Im happy with her. Another nice plant.

Well thanjs for the kind words

CoCoSativas

Hey there coco ! Any info on your xd-11 ladies ? ;) i just soaked 5 of them , soo excited !:)

So you are one of the other testers hey? Cool buddy. Link me yours.

I will say I'm super pleased with reefs plants man. I've never grown out his seeds before but have grown a cut of Petrolia headstash a buddy gave me. I liked it but dropped all indica lines mostly. Now I need to look into bringing in some new ones I got fucked up at work long story short chronic back pain soooo now I'm considering chemo or something else like that. Depends though we will see what the xds are like.

So as far as the plants go I cloned the biggest tallest two hoa bac with pretty sativa leaves. The more indica looking ones I have less interest to keep.

I cloned all 4 big sirs. All have long long nodes and I'm super interested in what these do. If the biggest one is a girl like I hope I hope I can tie her the way I did back in the day when I bought a pack of "purple kush" and the one seed that germ ed turned out to be a massive haze that was over 10' tall in a short 6' high basement in a old Shitty basement in a house from the 1940s. It was fucked but I handled it my cousin laughed his ass off. I lasso'ed the plant and bent it down it was all growing around a ac hood (mind you it was about a foot and a half away the day before) so I bent it down with one hand and did this wack ass lasso shit because I didn't trust my cousin to help me he was wasted.

Sorry I'm totally ripped, slh out of the bong is some serious business and I can't sleep my wife is at work and I hate sleeping alone... back to the question. I started 3/5 xds as reef sent me quite a bit for the space I have now. I love the challenge
of multi strain spaces so I have 3 varieties of the 4 he sent going as well as testing a single strawberry haze a new one to replace the old. Anyway so 2 of the three look similar, shorter nodes, smaller leaves the look just like widow I've grown before, but there's one I'm not flowering yet. She is going to be saved as she is totally different than the other ones and is planned to people tested next grow. Her clones will populate some of the space I'm rolling out more of my gear. Lots is sitting in boxes right now but I have faith in reef the XD 11 is special so she will probably get a whole square meter dedicated to this cut. So far it's got alot of stretch in veg and the leaves look just like the Chem I did in 2013. This one is obviously more my style. It looks alot more sativa leaning so that's the one for me. I'm keeping the other two for the time being. I had a fungus gnat problem that fucked with alot of my plants I used some mosquito dunks and suddenly the plants were back on track. The big Chem one is a bad ass she like the kali mist and the super lemon haze faired the gnat bulls hit better than anything. So far she's got many qualities I appreciate and plan to test her clones in a decent number they will be better off anyway next grow will all be clones of the originals and they won't have been affected by bugs.

I was humbled and taught a lesson that while the flying gnat is not a problem other than continuing the cycle the unseen babies are a terror. All those gnats flying around well they stole your roots and the energy that gave them their adult body was the damage your plants sustained. So anyway my lesson goes learn bugs and don't ever bring another outside plant in. Just dumb I brought a mint in from a plant nursery. Lesson learned.

Next grow will be 3 to 4 times the size and I'll be doing clones with slh, xd 11, a couple kali because they are the best I have so far for pain, and whatever I like the best of the other testers. Probably a row devoted to testing the accidental haze cross reef sent as well.

Oh also its interesting you chose to prevent soak your seeds. Everyone's germ method is different, I germ in the dirt or coco I use (coco probably permanently I love it) and just put the seed in point down and make sure it's covered. I have had the best success trying to follow nature more closely and have never had good results with paper towel or water soak or anything except start to substrate sowing. Oh and I can't germ in Rockwood to save my life. I have some spare seeds but don't want to waste cubes maybe I'll try doing 5 or 10 per cube see if I can figure it out. Oh well far as I'm concerned substrate works great for seeds save the cubes for cuttings...

Stoked for next grow I can't wait to see what I get out of these. I find the clones are always much better than the original seed plants. I guess it's much easier when you know exactly what to expect week by week and get each strain really dialed in. I like getting to know a cutting. My slh is totally killer but the yield is so Shitty I'm going to keep working on that

helios212

nice ! hehe you are like my old man, im still into the indicas but thats the personal taste of everyone :) Reefs Wakeford devoured me and is without question the strongest in my garden ( but you can't smoke it early , the day ends after :D ) i hope i have an even mix , the sativa looking ones go to my dad while I keep the indica ones ... if XD-11 is only half as good as I imagine it has to be fire :) ( yeah seems like im a Reef "Fanboy" but doh :p )

CoCoSativas

I've wanted to get reefs seeds for years. I wanted to wait though as there was a fake out there so I waited until reef resurfaced again.

I'm imagining the two similar looking xds will be fairly widow leaning that tall ones all Chem though I can't wait should be good shit.

Oh far as indicas and sativas you will find your use for both. I now seem to have chronic pain, so indicas might be coming in soon in my garden. Lol maybe I'll order some Chinese from reef. Oh or the headstash, I liked that smoke. I'd love to use that one for a haze cross, that would be neat.

CoCoSativas

Well I'm very impressed so far. 3/7 hoa bac are females, one of which I cloned. Can't keep em all due to space issues so I kept the biggest stretchiest ones. One of the surs is a girl which is dope thanks reef. I'm excited for those ones.

There's a male hoa bac, the other one I cloned. He smells gross man like fucking burnt rubber and the nastiest shit. I'm repulsed when I rub it's stem and I get a weird vibe off this thing. Maybe I'm too high but I just don't know how I feel about it. It's structure is nice. I can't really flower it right now but I've got a clone of it for later so I'll see what he's all about. Rank nasty smell though, none of the girls smell like that, yet anyway. If that's what's to come I'm sure I'll have alot of interest in these. Nasty smelling pot is popular round here. I've never smelled anything like that though wow sure a change from what I usually grow. I used to grow skunks and northern lights and shit but never one for growing kush so the really nasty smells I've never really gotten into.

I can say it's a pleasure to be doing it with regular seeds again. It's been a while all my cuts right now are from fems except the new stuff from reef. I'm starting some new ogs to test next go too for yield and quality, marketability...

Fuck man this male smells like chem dog mixxxed with some real nasty stink. It almost burns your nose. I'm killing this one but keeping that cut for later. For personal use, would never share anything I got from test beans. The people who buy clones off me are stoked for the kush coming. They like my curency cuts but everyone knows I have new stuff I'm testing but won't share cuts of period. I don't plan on giving anyone around me the stuff I got right now there's alot of buzz between my friends I sold a few bags and people are talking about how much better it is than what's going around. Made me feel good. Anyway everyone's stoked for when I have new cuts I'm actually selling. I feel fine selling bud that comes from plants I got out of tester packs but not the clones man I didn't pay for the genetics I'm sure not making a dime selling any. If I'm not making money I'm not sharing them either. Call me greedy but these are my testers and I plan on enjoying them myself.

Picks to come. I'll take a pick of that dude before I kill him. I might hang it and smoke the tips see if it does anything. If a males leaf tips gets you high I usually qualify it for farther looks. The smell, structure and that I'd probably make myself more of these to play around with later, post more pics of what comes if I do that.

CoCoSativas

those buds (and kali cola) look fkkng amazing compadre

Thanks man. The canna food fucking murders the gh man. The clones I just finished were done a week faster (they were clones and the environment was better and the food was better) the quality was incredible this time. Thanks for the kind words. I plan to put on a nice show with reefs stuff.

I'm very pleased I have a female clone of the big Sur and the hoa bac. I found the big Sur female just now. So far there's 7 confirmed girls in my tent. 2 xd 11, 3 hoa bac, 1 strawberry haze (I'm trying out a new pheno my last one didn't clone for shit) and one big Sur. If I gut another 2 females I'll be happy I'm expecting these will be a similar size to my kali mist as reef crossed them to his golden temple kush. I'm thinking everything should hit around a meter which would be great. Indoor sativas that are a meter tall and finish on 10-12 weeks are ideal in a tent setup like mine (in my opinion)

From the pics of big Sur on reefs site I'm beyond excited. The hoa bac too. I bet the two would make a killer hybrid (though I'd use the original pure version, and probably either cross a male Sur to a female hoa bac or I'd make fem seeds using a big Sur female reversed to make fem cross between the two. It would be very interesting I think.

I wonder what would happen if you took a pack of hoa bac, big Sur, harmony and Willie all in the same room and let them do a massive open pollenation. Oooohhhh can't forget love potion too. Just a mad mash up poly hybrid of all reefs craziest sativas. I think it would be a neat experiment, I'd probably throw a cut of each of my keepers in on the super skanky pollenation. Lol jeep doing random open pollenation with all the progeny until you have some weirdo sativa poly hybrid. I'm pretty ripped but I bet whatever came out of that room after 10 generations would probably look hilarious. I'd imagine the taste and smell would seriously lack character but who knows what type of effect you could get. I've always wondered what would happen letting nature do its thing in a room for a couple years just to make your own indoor hybrid that's basically adapted to growing indoors after so long and really just became one big melting pot.

I think it would be a neat experiment. Since reef has alot of selection I think it would be interesting. I'd probably have to toss in his sour diesel bx too damn that would get funky. Who knows I might do it, I could do it with a small tent and small plants popped in .5 gal containers. Or even 1 litres containers. I bet no one's really done something g like that let them just do their thing for generations. I won't lie though I'd put some outside cuts in from other breeders just for the first one to harvest unique seeds for fun, but would put those seeds in for the future generations I'd just do it with reefs stuff.

I'm sure reef will laugh at my weirdo idea but I'm sure as a fellow sativa smoker I'm sure he can forgive me im smoking kali mist and a grapefruit sativa cross at almost 1am... sometimes goofy ideas come up but hey it could be fun. Imagine what would emerge after 10 generations of random pollenation. Nothing "deciding" what gets matched, just a fan and random odds. I'd probably keep track of the number of males and try keep them balanced, as far as number of males. I wouldn't want 7 diesel males and 2 big Sur males, I'd want them all to get a fair chance I'd probably mix them all around in the room at random for a truly random selection. I keep picturing a monster plant that throws ninja stars and smoke bombs when you try and harvest it... Who knows I know one thing is for sure I'm not leaving any ninja stars in that room to find out. Maybe get one of those no weapons allowed signs for the room, killer plants yo! Lol couldn't help myself really though I think it would be cool to see all that stuff kinda melt together into the same thing and just keep at it until it's a inbred line. I guess it would take quite a while with all those genetics to get there, starting from weird poly hybrid Mashup room. Who knows I don't therefore maybe I'll run that "experimen" later for something to laugh about. Sure would be interesting...