What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CoCoSativas testing reefermans sativa crosses

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That is awesome Coco!! Congrats buddy, you deserve it bro, heck of a grow and you are just warming up! The fire that is going to come out of your room is going to be amazing in 2016!

Nice job bro! Woot woot!

CoCoSativas

Thanks jefe.

Wow its been a bit buddy sorry I've been all over the place. I hope your garden is happy...

So guys I've hit a nasty snag. My lights are cooking off too much heat and I can't safely vent it without notice in my place. So I'm going to flower most of what I had planned all in the 4x4. Though I'm not vegging them bigger as planned so I think I might be able to jam them in. Everyone stretches up not out, and when my slh is small I figured I could fit as many of them as I could pots.

Soooo 10 slh, 11 xds, the sin sour nightmare kush seedlings, Escobar chocolate cheese...

I'm saving the sour pinks for next round so they are both in good health and happy. The sickly one is doing better already.

I think I'm in for a challenge...

Bummer I can't set up more right now

CoCoSativas

SMOKE REPORT AND NEW THREAD

SMOKE REPORT AND NEW THREAD

Here's my new thread guys. It's overdue I'm into the fourth week of flower.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=7281840#post7281840

So here's my report.

Big Sur 1 (smaller one)
This plant had some problems and was rather weak in growth, all around frail I believe it had some health issues from the bugs the root ball was tiny when I finally cut it down. Anyway the bud was very pretty and dense, the smell was pretty old school, hard to describe but it smelled like good weed. Anyway the smoke didn't jump out at me flavour wise but it's potent stuff. The high tends to lack character to me, but I feel this stuff would appeal to many, I just like going to the moon ya know... potent high but not spacey, or a mindful or a barrel of laughs. Yiu are high but it's like a indica buzz for me, you are high but it's not mind blowing.

Big Sur 2 (keeper)
This plant grows very strong, fast veg overtaking everything in my room. This one can stretch alot so it's good to top it so it spreads out rather than shoots too high. The bud is looser and more airy than the other but the smell is delicious, when you smell the fresh weed it's amazing in my opinion the best smelling stuff I've ever come across. Same with when you grind it. I've grown alot of kinds of weed and this one's smell is my favorite hands down. Anyway the high is very stong but creeper. I'll smoke a joint and I'm not high until it's done and then whoa... both big surs didn't have as much flavour as the hau bac so that can be good or bad depending on what you like, or what mood you are in. The smell of the lit dope is really stong. As this stuff cures longer the taste is improving alot at fist it was very bland but this one needs a longer cure to really come out. It went from bland to leaving a nice old school sativa x kush taste... the gtk really imparted a nice flavour on everything it seems, as I honestly preffered the taste of the ones that showed gtk traits to the ones that looked more like the pure HB and BS pics... the more hybrid looking plants all had unique and amazing flavour. I did enjoy the taste of the more pure looking phenos but the more hybrid looking plants just tasted great. Anyway the big sur keeper has a strong buzz that keeps me coming back non stop I love it. It can be confusing but it's just because it's so stong ot even fucks with me but everyone who has smoked it loved it and got totally lit. Lots of laughs.

Hau Bac 1 (whitest plant)
This one looked very hau bac dom, has a neat citrus flavour that's almost a fermented smell and taste. Very pretty plant, the buds were rock hard though not super heavy. This plant has a very awake but calm, open minded happy high. Lots of laughs here too. I do really like this one and makes me want to grab a pack of the pure hau bac.

Hau Bac 2 (3 topped chunky plant)
This one was really neat. It was similar to the fatass one but the terp profile is way different, the smell is different and the high is very different. Even though the buds looked similar the finished bud was totally different. This one smells fruity and hash with a bit of a shit undertone but as it matures that's going away and taking on a more hash smell... the high of this one is actually the most racy and must be smoked with caution. It's all good if you are chilling but it gets intense if you get anxious. I like weed like this but not for everyone... the smoke was great, I liked it alot overall though this one wouldn't be a popular Comercial plant. While it came through weight wide even though it was a little fluffy people would bitch. I love it but it's not something everyone would understand or appreciate. Really nice growing plant though and I loved the product.

Hau Bac 3 (fatass)
This one was a very tall and large plant, though in veg it was just a little shorter and more indica Dom than the one I selected as a keeper so that's why it wasn't kept. Anyway it ended up looking most like the gtk pic, and the smell and flavour came to be more what I know as the taste of Indian marijuana, but the high was nice and balanced. Awake, clear but still had a nice hybrid hit to it as it went on. More awake and alert than indica sedate.

Hau Bac 4 (foxy lady)
I called her this because she looked very close to the whitest but was slightly less white, and way more foxtail ed. The buds were slightly bigger and fluffier than the whitest. Both are otherwise almost identical. Smell, taste and effect. I do really like them both.

Hau Bac 5 (my keeper)
This one is fucking chronic. I lucked out on this one I selected ot to keep based on its traits in veg. Longest nodes, narrowest leaves, tallest and slimmest stems. What was really interesting was the finished plant grew nothing like what I expected other than those traits. This one has the best yield of the crop it was slightly over 2 Oz and made up for the slightly weaker yield of another plant. I was expecting this one to be the most hau bac dom as that was at the time the traits I was looking to keep but ended up finding something very interesting. This plants buds are very small but dense, very white. The plant itself has a neat mixed hybrid smell and packs a unique flavour that's pretty addictive. It's hard to describe it's got so many notes, firstly comes the musky skunk kush type smell and taste. When you light it it just leaves a dank smell for hours and the taste is addictive. The high starts out very chill but moves up and becomes more awake and alert over time. It's unusual usually I find dope goes the other way starts awake then moves sleepy or calm this one is sort of backward.

Overall this test was incredible. I had alot of fun and it helped keep me going through a tough time alot of pain and stuff but I'm starting to get better. No where near where I was but I'm just going to take care of my back and be careful. I have some neat options available to me in the future that are exiting.

I will make one special mention about the hb x gtk and bs x gtk they laughed off the bugs that I believe caused the xd 11 to herm. Not a single banana on those. The xds did succumb to some stress that caused them to herm as I'm the only motherfucker to herm the xd 11. Lol this year was my first experience with herms, both were from fem seeds. Not bad in 7 years of growing I've had great luck. The first was the grapefruit some of you may remember I ran that cut for a couple runs and now it's retired because it auto herms at week 8-9 and the xds I am positive they just got stressed and popped a couple bananas. There weren't many cause I only found a few through the grow and a few at harvest. Could have been way worse.

Big thanks to Charles. You are such a awesome dude. I can't wait to flower the 2 phenos of sour pink I'm sitting on, plus the coming Tunas... I hope charles does a sour tuna sometime I bet that would be fucking tight. I was thinking of crossing the tuna to the sour pink to see what happens could be neat...

Thanks to everyone who posted and kept it busy, to those watching and letting me know via pm, rep messages and likes,I found out way more people were kicking it here than I thought.

Well I hope you all come along to my new thread. I'm growing alot of cuts in my 4x4 it sold be exciting. I need to keep myself supplied until I can get my other lights out of a box and put on a much more exciting show

Zapadra

Sorry I'm late to the show... Lovely thread and awesome work on making the cover!! Definitely deserved!

CoCoSativas

Sorry I'm late to the show... Lovely thread and awesome work on making the cover!! Definitely deserved!

Thanks man. This was a long odyssey but I'm glad it's over and on to the next grow. This tent is sure getting it's use, it's coming up on a year in operation. Hopefully I'll be able to use it for making seeds for myself for later, but I may need to use it for a while yet

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Hi CoCoSativas,

I saw no mention in your report about BSH x GTK’s ‘trippy-ness’ factor. I’d think that two psychedelic strains together ought to be a bit trippy. Could you speak to this please?

Or is that what you were referring to when you said "strong and confusing"?

Also, if this if off topic I apologize, but being new here I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not but it seems that Reeferman's thread has disappeared... any idea why?

— Shmavis

CoCoSativas

Hi CoCoSativas,

I saw no mention in your report about BSH x GTK’s ‘trippy-ness’ factor. I’d think that two psychedelic strains together ought to be a bit trippy. Could you speak to this please?

Or is that what you were referring to when you said "strong and confusing"?

Also, if this if off topic I apologize, but being new here I'm not sure if I'm missing something or not but it seems that Reeferman's thread has disappeared... any idea why?

— Shmavis

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307644

Thats the thread there. Sometimes his are hard to find they get moved or sometimes vanish unless you search them by name.

Well they werent trippy in the sense of any psychadelic action but they were trippy in the woah what am i doing good god im fucking ripped. It would come on after a delay of about 10 minutes and is a real treat after that. They were a mental trip for sure but i personally didnt find this cross psychadelic. I laughed my ass off every time i smoked it hence why im out right now...

Ill note breeding two trippy and psychadelic strains dosent garentee the offspring will be. Ill also not i only got 2 female, one that looked like the bshw cross and one that looked like a hybrid of both... the hybrid one i liked better. There was alot of pheno variation i found in my 5 hau bacs if i had 5 to match of the big sur id probably have a slighly better idea.

All that said the keeper big sur, while someone bland in taste is amazing in every other department and the smell is to die for. I have a organic friend id love to see run it to see how it would go that way. That gorilla (im allowed to call him that we are both a pair of self admitted apes) probably wont take it, fear of bugs so ill have to run it organic on my own.

Been considering a biocanna coco run for a bit. Dank coco grown indicas by CoCoSativas anyone? Im considering a indica run for a change once i have more space

Also have a few wonderful cuts coming to me via friends as well as beans i have to pop

Shmavis

Being-in-the-world
Much appreciated, CoCoSativas.

Yeah, that's the thread. Thanks. I had wanted to reread some of it but it was missing from where I had been finding it.

Have a great day!

— Shmavis

CoCoSativas

Such amazing work Coco

Thanks charles! I make the most of what i have. Even though i had a battle with some bugs and heat and shit im pleased with what i turned out.

My next grow is up and running with nearly half the individuals being that xd i held back. She is sure pretty. Thanks my friend for everything. Your work stands above all else i have grown so far, you have converted me from dutch sativa smoker to reeferman seeds enthusiast.