What's new

COCO based hydro outdoor

Bramski

Hi bone hows it goin, Your plants always look sweet but I notice that your coco always looks dry. What sort of watering regime do you employ starting from seedlings up to them in full swing?

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was curious about this too, do you water with fert solution every day?

Do you ever give them straight water without ferts, or do they always get ferts since the medium is inert?

Thats nice just facing fines if a bust ever occurs. Over here in the land of the free they take away your freedom for years for growing much less than that.

How 'bout them smoke reports?

Last edited:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
i would also like to know about the watering/feeding when growing in coco/hydro. :D
do you guys use the same normal pots too or do yours have smaller holes or some tubes/hoses that keep the thing circulating from pot to pot? thank you! one love.

B

bonecarver_OG

Bramski - the coco is getting watered every day :D with about 10 liters per pot.

the spanish sun will dry the surface quite quick - but 1 cm down its wet.

plants get ferts every day untill the final flush.

these plants get watered by hand by vend so he doesnt get bored :D still pumps on regular intervalls outdoors straight in the sun would get too costy. especially if its drain to waste. the sun is very strong. it means lots of evaporation and risk of high salt levels.

so no circulating here - still a lot of coco growers do that too with great results indoors - gonna try that in my future greenhouse where the conditions will be easier to controll.

anyway at the moment there is no need for pumps - vend is doing a great job looking after them. :D cant stress how cool it is :D

im so happy smoking this spliff :D today me and my gf finished a really big work project and this is the first time in 2 months i get time to sit down and think :D

well i guess its time for a preliminary smoke report. hehe (this smoke report will be quite different to the indoor one :D) ok - 2 weeks after harvest:

taste - sweet and gingery with hints of lots of things that its not taht easy to put the finger on.

smell when burning - the smoke - is really strong and heavy - stinking down the place for days. the smell stays in the car for ages.

smell of bud - acidic, fruity, skunky all in the same. at first its fresh kind of peach and lemon smell - when touched the skunky almost mercaptan like perfume (eh - stench?) comes out.

vends coment - the smell has chaged an incredible amount from the fruity strong smell they had during later flowering - from fruit to an impressive skunky stench :D

high - this is really good allday bud - in the mornign i gets me into a trance like state that lasts untill mid-day. i smoke a spliff at 7.30 in the morning and i dont really feel the need of smoking untill after work (besides - i know that if i smoke too much of this bud i will get a bit carried away and get too stoned for work). in a bonghit the high is a quite nice rush at first and a more trippy/couch-locky hang to it. the spliffs are really relaxing but also very good for tidios work since it helps me with concentration for the carving. i guess the haze side is to thank for that. still when smoked in excess (like those late night spliffs) it will for sure get u to fall asleep easilly.

dont know what more i can say now :D

heres some pics from the buds :D

B

bonecarver_OG

besides that i can ad the clones are going out for flowering as soon as we harvest a few more of the plants that are maturing (like the late pheno of the SSHxPTK and the Black L's) - we dont want to have a too big plant count :D

the clones that are going out for flowering have been vegging since early september. they have been topped multiple times and are ready for a massive tying down to spread them out before flowering. we want them to get as bushy as possible :D

:D

HOLYGONG - i forgot to answer a few of those Q's u had about the phenos etc of the astrofogs etc

we have not been keeping track of flowering times at all really. its not something of big importance for us in our way of flowering - but i can atleast say 2 of the Black L's are really quick to fatten up and start maturing - its like they get brown hairs from really early on. the buds look a litle fluffy and with a bit of leafe in the bud - from ur pics i think they definetly look like the LR u very showing to us before. they smell really nice :D

the astrofogs are looking much more interesting for me - being a somewhat keen on sativa dominant crosses etc.. we have 2 different more sativa like phenos - but they could be of the same pheno - and the rest of difrence (like leaf size etc) is for the topping we gave it. its really branchy and has a bit of a tree like look to it. sadly last night the rains broke the roof of the patio (the plastic fell down) and broke 3 of the branches of it. .. an early tester gifted from jah i guess :D looks and smells nice - potent and fruity like orange etc.

B

bonecarver_OG

i have a whole bunch of pics of the early pheno a few days before harvest - i hope to get time to post them soons :D

B

bonecarver_OG

hers some pics of a powerkush.

grown in soil / coco mix. with light fert schedule. and few hours of sun.. :(

well its smokeable atleast. strong fruity taste. almost strawberry like at times - specially the tips.

its gone for curing in a wood box :D

B

bonecarver_OG

wow....

we are having a bunch of really rainy days.. a bit too rainy.. its good for the countryside .. but our protection roof was not really prepared for these massive rains. the roof kind of fell down a broke 3 branches of the biggest astrofog..

so here is a very pre-harvest smoke-report. its still about 3-4 weeks from harvest minimum so a lot is going to change.

sorry no - pìc this time - but ill grab a pic of the rest of the broken branches when i get a chance.

looks - very resinous but a bit fluffy - but thats normall this far from harvest.

smell - pineapple. very strong pineapple smell.

potency - very strong up high - all in the head kind of.

its clear this one is going to become very trong when its finished and if it keeps the pineapple aroma all the way thru flowering its going to be awesome!

very nice cross this one :D definetly going to plant more of this for next years outdoor season :D still we are planning to reveg the best looking ones of the seedlings for moms.

peace :D

G

Sounds very promising man, pineapple huh! Very cool I was´nt expecting that at all.
Mine have started to form budsites, seems they push out trichs already in the first week of flowering interesting. They are all starting to look extremely sativa dominant in flowering.
Now its about time for a pictureupdate notch, notch, eyyy!

Peace, love and karma all the way!

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe :D going there right now - lets see if i get time to take pics AND post them too :D

Last edited:
G

yes please do man! I´m a picture horny son of a bitch you know lol!
Tell Vend I´m looking into a trip to spain hopefully before christmas, lets see what happends. As you know I´m not aloud to travel alone hehe, especially when theres smoking involved. So we´ll have to trick some of the grandparents to look after our kids first. I really hope we can make it happen.

Peace!

B

bonecarver_OG

itd be cool to all meet up and have a smoke :D

i had a look at the plants today :D they look great . most of them! :D the only two ones i find a bit less exiting is 2 of the Black L's that gotten a bit leafy buds - but the high resin amount is most likelly going to make it good smoke anyway. the nicest phenos of astrofog and the black's look GREAT - lots of trichs - fat bud and heavy smell :D

the most resinous and tall of the black L's has a very nice smell that i first thought very similar to the pineaple pheno of the astrofog but its definetly not the same. :D

im right now enjoying a spliff of one of those early branches that broke of the big astrofog.. and im completelly amazed again by its flavour and potency at this moment :D

next up is a spliff of the Black L thats going to get harveted tomorow :D

btw tomorow we are harvesting the 2 last of the SSH x PTK and one Black L and one astrofog. :D LOTS of fun!!

here are pics of the astrofogs :D

the clones of the SSH x crosses

the Black L's

a Black L close up :D (the one getting harvested tomorow

B

bonecarver_OG

excuse the crappy pics :D they were taken with a flash in darkness .. my age old digicam cant handle to well low light conditions :D

lets see if im going to get a new cam one of these days ..

peace all :D

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hello bonecarver :wave:

i woz chatting and we where talking about some growstuff related things and you thread came up...and as curious as i am :chin:
can't say i read up but i look at the piccy's ...must say you have some resinoius bitches inhere...
last thing...can you state the strains your growing ...i saw SSh x PTK and L ....but i dont know the small writings :confused:

greetz

B

bonecarver_OG

at the moment we got flowering SSH x PTK, astrofog (kalimist x astroboy) and black L (black domina x lowryder).

B

bonecarver_OG

we are preparing a huge ice hash session :D we got a lot - if not all - the biggest e pheno buds in the freezer waiting for the weekend :D the reason is it had a bit of mold in the fat and sollid top nugs :D its a shame throwing away buds that are the size of beercans and as solid as a full one so we thought to ice hash it :D

lets see how it goes :D

G

looks amazing man! how was that black L sample last night, the close up looks sugercoated.

B

bonecarver_OG

jeje it was nice :D couch locky :D

cant say anything about taste though! :D i got a cold hehe

peace man!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
hey bonecarver

great to see everything still going great. does your season ever end man? LOL, it seems like you are flowering out there the whole year round? totally awsome work.

i love the way you are getting the sun to do the work, lol. no electricity bill eh>?

peace out, give my best to vend von green thumb, will ya?

:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts