What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

COCO based hydro outdoor

B

bonecarver_OG

we having our first try of hydroponics outdoor - we use coco..

the pots are hand watered with PH adjusted water with nutrition added. since the tapwater of this area of spain is quite hard and got an excess of salt etc - we mix the water with distilled water - we ad 8% distilled water. it gets slightly pricy - but it seems to be worth it this far.

because of the enormous heat we have in spain - we have covered the pots with a layer of aluminium fabric and on top its got a layer of natural fiber to give even more shade.

the nutes we use are Canna coco A+B and a few aditions - as vitazyme, cannazyme and rhizotonic.

the strains we are growing out now is:
SSH x PTK - a very nice cross, made by cloneman. out of that we are growing 2 phenos that we have kept,first its the early potent hybrid (about 65-70 days), and also we kept the later pheno (about 2-3 weeks more) - a really potent hazy sativa pheno. both kept phenos are of females.

SCBB/PTK x PTK an early nice bigbudded and fairly potent short and sturdy indica - meaning one 45 cm - or 1 1/2 foot long kolas that are compact and resinous - this female gets nicelly purple tips and stripes on the calyxes when the nights get colder.

also we got 2 other crosses growing - this is a test grow - and we planted them quite late - so we dont expect more than one main bud of these. but if we are lucky we find in these a nice male to dust the females mentioned above.

blackdomina x lowryder - made by our nordic mate holygong - we are looking for an early autoflowering pheno (hope fully male to cross with SCBB/PTK x PTK) - if we are lucky to find it in these 3 we kept of the seeds we planted - this far they dont look like they want to start to flower too early - :D hopefully in time to use the pollen...

Kalimist x astroboy - also a cross from holygong - in here we are looking for a nice looking male to dust the later or maybe also the early pheno of the SSH x PTK.

we got a bunch of clones ready to get vegged - then to put out to flower as soon as they are big enough. these clones are of the SSH x PTK - both phenos.

to grow outdoors in the extreme temps we have here in south spain - close to one of the most desertic areas of europe - can give smal results in pots - and thats why he opted for hydro instead of soil here. this way we can have more control of the nutrition etc.

if there is anyone else growing outdoors in any kind of hydro setup - let me know.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
greetings Bone, looking good!
just yesterday i was around these part of the state where i am, at around 2300 meters altitude, kind of cold weather, can go as low as zero degrees C. during coldest of nights... got the chance to check out some semi-greenhouses for tomatos, strawberries and peaches, all hydro. very neat clean place. the roof of the greenhouse was real cool too, like half-cylinder. a half pipe up-side down.
seems it gives good results, hydro+sun.
the man even told us about experimenting with organic feeding into the hydro system.
good luck man!
peace.

B

bonecarver_OG

cool! :D very interesting :D

i bet those strawberries get huge and tasty! - id really like to see a pic of that setup if possible :D

i have seen that in south spain most greenhouses also use hydroponics, and here they seem to mostly use coco-fiber since its cheap and easy :D

peace mate

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
intersting stuff Bone.. ill look forward for sure dude!!

nice plants!

wam

B

bonecarver_OG

wamen - thanks - it sure is interesting :D for us too :D

PVR - in about 2 years i hope to have my greenhouse mounted and running - as soon as my house is built i will start with that rigth next to it - on the southern side. ive been talking a bit with schaman about greenhouses - and u know im cheeking out ur thread too - i think a coco-based hydro greenhouse should give very good results - and further more it will be so much cheaper than using the indoor setup. many ppl think greenhouses gives the best results - so im really anticipating it.

my brother has grown pot in greenhouses in BC, Canada - and the result was incredible..

B

bonecarver_OG

this far id say its clear there is nto that many others growing cannabis in hydroponics outdoor,or greenhouses..

its intersting - why not - since its as easy as indoors - and seems effective this far.

peace
:D

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
nice ladies bone! how do the plants behave when it is windy? considering they´re in hydro medium... peace!

B

bonecarver_OG

hello wamen :D wellcome out to the patio :D hehe

PVR - the wind is no problem :D

the plants are well rooted in the coco :D

to transplant to the 50 liter pots we lifted the plants out of the old pots (25 liter - about 20 kilo weight atleast) - using the stem as a handle and just lifting..

Last edited:

SkyLopes

hey mate, i read on a thread of yours you water till you get 25% of water back. so basically you first water them to get out of salts in excess and them you feed your plants, is that right? sorry, newbie to coco, my plants are looking shit, just want to get this sorted out

B

bonecarver_OG

we water the pots with water with nutricion untill a bit of it goes out in the botom. to aim for 20-25 % is very good - but if u have very good water quality in ur area - 10 % could be enough. experiment and compare :D

i wish more people would try coco outdoors - its amazing - like feeding steroids to a race horse :D hehe

big bigger best ;D hehe

peace all

PrinceOfPersia

Nice plants bone and its pretty exciting to see what you can pull off thoose plants.
I tried mixing a bit coco into soil last year,not bad and not the same. Heard about big rainfalls in spain, hope it wont damage.
This is a watcher!

B

bonecarver_OG

i live pretty much in the most desertic area of spain. water is scarse - rain even more so. whil the rest of spain gets flooded - we down here might get a half hour drizzle and thats it. its really bad .. growing deserts etc.. but its good for growing pot.

mixing coco and soil is making the soil grows more effective - its a great soil-improver! to get the most of the mix its best to use organic based nutes.

we are hoping on good results too - and we are a whole bunch of smokers sharing on the harvest - so it better be outstanding hehe

all going really good this far though :D

B

bonecarver_OG

wellcome to the patio mate :D just chill - grab a spliff and soon there will be a fresh mojito coming.

B

bonecarver_OG

hehe - mojito is my absolute favorite.. goes so well with spliffs :D i cant handle drinks with gas so i make the mojitos with NO carbonated water :D

the fave for the moment is - flor de caña - nicaraguan rum, with lots of fresh mint an lemonade.. and ice!

Latest posts

Latest posts