What's new

Child Taken, Parents arrested BEFORE they figure out if a Medical Rec is real.

fatigues

Veteran
You mean on how pot affects children (especially infants)?

No. I'm suggesting that the factors which make the parents:

- potentially legally culpable of a crime; and,
- careless parents who exposed their children to a dangerous substance in his/her room

are unknown. If the plants were up high and out of reach, what you would in effect be objecting to is not any aspect of danger, but an objection based upon a "crime". If that's off the table too (and under People v. Kelly, it could well be) than what is left is a knee-twitch reaction, devoid of reason.

I would also point out that (deep breath please) there are a LARGE number of traditional houseplants that can make a child very sick - and a few that can cause significant damage and are outright extremely toxic to a child.

I don't think that the couple would have had their kid taken away had they been growing any of these, for example. Almost any one of those plants is more dangerous to a child than marijuana.

But growing a lilly in your kid's bedroom doesn't get you on the local news...

J

JackTheGrower

Also if we watch the video we see an impromptu ad against medical cannabis and no pro during the segment.

We are being fed only the bits that support the conservative point of view..

This story may make the rounds as an Anti-cannabis propaganda piece.

If I was in a 2 bedroom and my woman and i could grow I might use the second bedroom but it's wouldn't be where that baby slept.

There may not have been room to move things like the crib out of the room..

I'm sure this is going down as a stupid move for the parents but how much of it is endangerment and how much of it propaganda?

J

JackTheGrower

like the title of this thread?

gotta be careful with the "live by the sword, die by the sword" thing.

did I miss something? They did take the child and they arrested the people.. Before they checked the Recommendation.

Am I dieing by a sword?

B

Blue Dot

If that's off the table too (and under People v. Kelly, it could well be) than what is left is a knee-twitch reaction, devoid of reason.

but until that cali supreme court decision is published, you, as well as i, know these cops are still acting under sb420 so to chid them for that is bizarre.

B

Blue Dot

There may not have been room to move things like the crib out of the room..

Ever think if you're gonna have a 1 year old, maybe it's time to take a little break from growing?

What's with this "gotta be growing 24/7/365" irrespective of kids?

I mean I admire this mans passion to grow but there comes a point.

fatigues

Veteran
but until that cali supreme court decision is published, you, as well as i, know these cops are still acting under sb420 so to chid them for that is bizarre.

Then you know something that I don't know. What I know is that the Court of Appeals already struck it down. At this point, the law is not presumed constitutional - it is, in fact, the reverse until proven otherwise.

J

JackTheGrower

No. I'm suggesting that the factors which make the parents:

- potentially legally culpable of a crime; and,
- careless parents who exposed their children to a dangerous substance in his/her room

are unknown. If the plants were up high and out of reach, what you would in effect be objecting to is not any aspect of danger, but an objection based upon a "crime". If that's off the table too (and under People v. Kelly, it could well be) than what is left is a knee-twitch reaction, devoid of reason.

I would also point out that (deep breath please) there are a LARGE number of traditional houseplants that can make a child very sick - and a few that can cause significant damage and are outright extremely toxic to a child.

I don't think that the couple would have had their kid taken away had they been growing any of these, for example. Almost any one of those plants is more dangerous to a child than marijuana.

But growing a lilly in your kid's bedroom doesn't get you on the local news...

yes there are many many dangers to protect children from.. Ordinary items in the hands of a child can kill, like a grape will choke or electric wall outlets electrocute.
Parents have to keep an eye out.

Pot plant leaves are often tactility un-enjoyably fuzzy.. A plant i had this year even cause a itchy reaction like really fine cacti hairs.

I have not heard of human children eating plants but dogs and some cats have been known to tear them up a bit.

We will see.. This may be Stupid Award of the Year or two people using the second bedroom without removing the furniture first.

B

Blue Dot

did I miss something? They did take the child and they arrested the people.. Before they checked the Recommendation.

Am I dieing by a sword?

I thought even if the rec checked out they would still be over the limits?

fatigues

Veteran
Ever think if you're gonna have a 1 year old, maybe it's time to take a little break from growing?

What's with this gotta be growing 24/7/365 irrespective of kids.

I mean I admire this mans passion to grow but there comes a point.

I think there are a lot of people with children on ICM who grow at home :)

As to the nature of the grow, the discretion shown by the parent(s), its legal/illegal nature...all of these things factor into the decision to continue or not to continue.

I would agree with you that conducting a commercial grow-op from a residence where there are kids present is, all legal questions aside, both dangerous and reckless on a practical basis, if for no other reason than the potential for violence at the home due to rippers. Less than that? I think "it depends" and I am quite prepared to withhold judgment.

Total segue-way: if you have not seen the film "Growing Op", you might want to give it a watch. It touched on these issues...so to speak :)

fatigues

Veteran
I thought even if the rec checked out they would still be over the limits?

Not if there is no limit specified by SB420 - (and to be clear, right now, there isn't one).

In that event, the "limit" is one of reasonableness as dictated by their medical needs under Prop 215(Compassionate Use Act). That's an issue of medical evidence, presumably, unless the California Supreme Court says something very unanticipated in their forthcoming reasons in People v. Kelly.

J

JackTheGrower

wow! growing in the kids room is just disturbed. of course they were taken, that's just insane!

What is needed is more info..

If they were keeping the child in their room then they would have the baby stuff in the second bedroom and not the baby..

We haven't been given all the facts here..

It may be as bad as we think or it mat be one of those arrests they do but know from the go they are breaking the law doing it.

Sometimes Law Enforcement arrests first then tries to make a case.

In the Oakdale dispensary they drug that poor man out into the street in nothing but his boxer shorts and had photographers out there to make the front page with. The arrest was based on a legal medical person obtaining cannabis from his medical supply shop.
They didn't bother to tell the judge issuing the warrants that the "Buy was legal." In the end and a million dollars later they admitted they had lied.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Obvious stupidity! Plants in the baby`s room!!!!! How fucking stupid. Sure that wasn`t a Coca plant...lol! It`s people like this that give MJ a bad rep. Plus he was already in the police eye for the hate crime and assault! No pity from me,jackass decisions get you jackass consequences. Then to top it off someone called CPS for some unknown reason and the police started watching the spot and arressted him on arrival? That seems strange. What did they see that gave them the right to search and seize on site? This couple I am sure we will see on World`s Dumbest Criminal`s! Keep It GreeN..........and OUTTA THE BABY`S ROOM!

J

JackTheGrower

Wow. I hope their note is legit and I hope they find a nice civil lawyer after they're out.

Have a buddy who is now moderately allergic to skin contact with cannabis, fresh or dried. Fresh being a lot worse.

I've noticed the prickley-pear effect before but this one female had me scratching my arm.. So I wrote down that trait and love the smoke!

J

JackTheGrower

Obvious stupidity! Plants in the baby`s room!!!!! How fucking stupid. Sure that wasn`t a Coca plant...lol! It`s people like this that give MJ a bad rep. Plus he was already in the police eye for the hate crime and assault! No pity from me,jackass decisions get you jackass consequences. Then to top it off someone called CPS for some unknown reason and the police started watching the spot and arressted him on arrival? That seems strange. What did they see that gave them the right to search and seize on site? This couple I am sure we will see on World`s Dumbest Criminal`s! Keep It GreeN..........and OUTTA THE BABY`S ROOM!

What if the Baby's stuff was in there only.. The baby may have been sleeping with Mommy.

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
What if the Baby's stuff was in there only.. The baby may have been sleeping with Mommy.

Let`s Hope that is the case. Even then,the grow show should not be out in the open like that. Living in an apartment and growing one has to be REALLY stealthy. That was not the case with these people. Plus why was CPS called in the 1st place? People should really have their affairs together BEFORE they grow. There comes risks with everything but with us growing the good green we take BIG risks. This is something that is thought out before hand, then handled with precision. When I see stories like this I fall out of my seat dying of laughter. I bet they are :wallbash: about now! That`s their own fault! :2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts