What's new

Child Taken, Parents arrested BEFORE they figure out if a Medical Rec is real.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
When riding a bicycle, Hummers ALWAYS have the right of way. There are some fights you just can't win. Given today's "road conditions," growing in a babies room is begging for serious trouble.

zenoonez

Veteran
Was it stupid to do yes, was it potentially harmful? Perhaps but so is sleeping with your baby in the bed but people do it all the time and roll over and kill their kid. The point is that it is a plant and there are plenty of plants that we put in our houses every day that are potentially harmful but the parents wouldn't be arrested in those cases.

J

JackTheGrower

Ever think if you're gonna have a 1 year old, maybe it's time to take a little break from growing?

What's with this "gotta be growing 24/7/365" irrespective of kids?

I mean I admire this mans passion to grow but there comes a point.

No.. We should have apartments with built in grow rooms !

Until they start offering that in rental agreements I guess I'll do what i have to. If these guy's place was a small front and kitchenette, 2 BR one Bath they were making use of space. They had to have a bed room for the child by CPS rules so they may have had the plants in there and the kid in the other room since it is so small anyway. We don't even know if it was a permanent setup of if these were 24 plants in red cups getting some sun for the day then back to the kitchen cupboard darkness.

I am all for allowing medical people to grow outside without theft or harm. It's just that so often we give the poor so few options they feel they have to sneak their rights into their lives. And at over $400 an ounce it's priced way out of pocket for many.. So that makes sneaking the only option..

J

JackTheGrower

When riding a bicycle, Hummers ALWAYS have the right of way. There are some fights you just can't win. Given today's "road conditions," growing in a babies room is begging for serious trouble.

Yes this is an interesting one indeed..

We all may enjoy following this.

Even Blue Dot

C

Cinderella99

Wow...heavy issue here:

My strong feeling is that kids cannot know about any parental involvement with MJ...Unless parents are truly terminally ill and it is a clear cut case of Mary as life saving/perpetuating medicine.

If you don't have the room to grow without childrens' complete unknowledge IMO, then don't grow. Look at it like smoking cigarettes or nonsocial alcohol consumption: Parents teach by example. Let kids make up their own minds when they are adults...

If parents model behavior that has significant opportunity for pitfall, are we really giving our kids the opportunity of objective decision when they turn adult and can think for themselves or the opportunity for a rationalization like "mom and dad did it, so I don't need to rethink it"?

Let's be honest, as with alcohol and cigarettes, there is a propensity towards abusive and unhealthy consumption.

Now, as far as (local) LEO using the issue of children in the house to demonize the MMJ growing parents and make their charges stick? Well that's another issue completely and IMHO is more destructive to families than parents growing in front of their kids.

Either way, people that are growing with kids in the house need to be VERY CAUTIOUS since there are plenty of yahoo LEO's that will turn an illicit grow into legal fodder to tear families apart.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
No sympathy from me. Gross stupidity is it's own reward. Double the legal limit? Growing in the babies room?!! WTF?!? I'd ask what they were thinking except it's obvious they went out of their way not to think at all.

You know I can see exposure to HID lights as being bad for an infant. But I doubt there was a significant grow in the babies room. Until we see differently best you could do with an infant in the room is veg, since infants don't sleep 12 hours without interruption. I'll bet it was a tray of clones.

C

Cinderella99

"...You know I can see exposure to HID lights as being bad for an infant..."

So are microwaves as well as inferior electrical wiring jobs in households, yet LEO doesn't generally use these shortcomings for justification to separate families...

B

Blue Dot

So are microwaves as well as inferior electrical wiring jobs in households, yet LEO doesn't generally use these shortcomings for justification to separate families...

You do know the front door on microwaves block radiation don't you?

B

Blue Dot

What plant limits? I seem to recall the CA Supremes tossing about the phrase recently.

the cops haven't gotten the memo yet cause the SC hasn't published their ruling yet.

Of course, this was already covered in this thread, guess you just read the last few posts and offer your wisdom? lol

johnnyla

Veteran
the article never mentioned the crib was positioned underneath a 1kw. of course the extremist blue dot would like you to believe that. obviously we don't have all of the information.

and FYI: unless you have studies to show cannabis toxicity and mortality rates, we have 2000 years of documented medical use and safety.

it is still safer than aspirin and couldn't kill that child in anyone's wildest imagination.

the parents had their family broken apart because of cannabis, not child endangerment due to close proximity to HID lighting.

anyways...the hits just keep on rolling.

B

Blue Dot

the article never mentioned the crib was positioned underneath a 1kw. of course the extremist blue dot would like you to believe that. obviously we don't have all of the information.

and FYI: unless you have studies to show cannabis toxicity and mortality rates, we have 2000 years of documented medical use and safety.

it is still safer than aspirin and couldn't kill that child in anyone's wildest imagination.

the parents had their family broken apart because of cannabis, not child endangerment due to close proximity to HID lighting.

anyways...the hits just keep on rolling.

That's right johhny, defend these parents, defend the D's, because afterall pot IS sacred.

there can be no wrong, it is holy.

get over it.

johnnyla

Veteran
That's right johhny, defend these parents, defend the D's, because afterall pot IS sacred.

there can be no wrong, it is holy.

get over it.

you are right it is so evil.

i'm sure the kid is in a much better place now that the government is taking care of him.

i told you i don't defend the dispensarys just against your blatant lies and exaggerations.

i got tired of overpriced D weed and grew some myself.

what are you smoking lately? anything good? green crack here.

P.S. the parents are innocent until proven guilty. it is you sir who is the extremist. you perpetuate there can be no right with cannabis. it is evil. everyone involved is a greedy bastard unless they sell it for cost like every other good or service in Amerika.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
How the hell is a civil lawyer gonna help some idiot who was growing over the legal limit, even if the rec was legit?

There is no legal fucking limit--
Can anybody here tell me how that baby is going to smoke that pot??
Eating it won't do it...the human body cannot metabolize weed like that--
UV rays??? Fucking get a grip!!

B

Blue Dot

There is no legal fucking limit--
Can anybody here tell me how that baby is going to smoke that pot??!!

You're right. Since the baby can't be a patient under 215 then even 1 plant in it's presence would be a felony.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
You're right. Since the baby can't be a patient under 215 then even 1 plant in it's presence would be a felony.

Can you please tell me one way that the baby would be in harms way by a grow being in the house??
That baby cannot smoke it...it is a far fetch to think it was in a position to eat it...besides the fact that it would not be able to get high that way--
Best watch out for those babies eating your Valium's...because weed poses no danger--

B

Blue Dot

...it is a far fetch to think it was in a position to eat it...

Yeah, unattended 1 year olds never eat anything they can get their hands on.

or pull electrical cords or do anything stupid that an adult would do.

But you're right, pot is sacred, there can be no wrong.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Yeah, unattended 1 year olds never eat anything they can get their hands on.

or pull electrical cords or do anything stupid that an adult would do.

But you're right, pot is sacred, there can be no wrong.

I will even spell it out for you--
Shut the fuck up!!
Dude...you are stretching it farther than is possible--