What's new

CFL Club!

guest3589

Harvest

Harvest

Here is a pic of my harvest from the 6x23w cfl cab grow.

This was a seed run so next run I can get some seedless sensi.

Illadelph

not bad, how many plants was that? how many square feet? Training? Medium? Strain. I'm real impressed, i got a cfl grow going that aint doing as well

guest3589

I had twenty seedlings and after culling the five males and six off type plants I ended up with nine female plants. I used cut down water bottles that had a capacity of 14 fluid ounces with eight holes poked in the bottom. I started them in 4oz cups and moved them into the 14oz bottles to bury the stretchy stem. I used OSH potting soil, in the white & light green bag, $7.00 for 2cft. For nutes I used schultz 10-15-10 for the seedlings and when they sexed I used Flora Nova Bloom until the last two waterings, which were just water. The cab is 14"x22" for a total size of 2.13 square feet. The lights are 23watt CFL with a 1600 lumen output so that gives my cab a total of 4,485 lumens per square foot, a bit low.

I could have grown fifteen or more plants in the space without much trouble. For plants that were to tall I just bent them over ala Dr. BudGreenJeans. Most of my grow was based around the Dr's methods. I needed to do a seed run and this was a good test of the 23w bulbs.

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
This time around I have 12 23 watters over 10-12 plants. Not enough to flower them all with, but good enough for vegging. Total of 276 watts and 1200 light output and 19,200 lumen at 1 foot. When I start flowering, I an thinking about adding 6-8 more, but planning on 4 for sure. It will look like this, 12 up top and 4-6 hanging between the 2 rows of plants. Total of 460 watts and 2000 watts light output and 32,000 lumen at 1 foot.

Got paranoid, kept seeying suspicious cops outside my apt. So I finally just decided fuck it better safe then sorry and chopped my clone and one from seed. I have to move in less then 9 days anyways so I figured its no big loss. But for now I have a nice little stash, I'll take pics and get a weight when they are a bit more dried.

phrank

most interesting...

most interesting...

You need to post a description with some info, and more pictures too! Looks sweet though!

Frank

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
The home-built one I started with wasn't mice-proof, and 17 out of 20 plants ended chopped down. Had to buy a grow box in emergency and am pretty glad I did !
It's 60cm x 60cm and 1.60m tall. has a 200W CFL BULB for flowering. Plants are grown 12/12 from seeds, except for the 3 pictured here which were started outdoor. Left is a female Uzbek, right is a Tajik Male and the small one is Orient Express. I've added more seedlings since the pic was shot, but not much too see for now.

Irie !

Last edited:
i got a couple of questions to u CFLers, is there a website dat can teach me how to wire these CFLs. I heard use a light lamp with a two prong connector at the end i would guess u just uninstall all the hardware and keep the wiring and socket. But what about fixtures. How would u wire them up. The reason i ask this is because i was at walmart and a light lamp dat holds a 13w cfl max is $8.99, however, a 42w cfl max cost $20.00 USD (assuming i cannot use larger wattages den the stated max on the lamp) and the light fixtures (1 or 2 lights) cost at lowes or homedepot (6.99-15.99) i want to either have 2x26W Cfls or one 55W cfl in a pc grow (7.5 [w] x 17 [d]) which is approx. .9 sq feet. Is two bulbs better den one?

Illadelph

you don't have to wire them if you don't want to, you can just go to home depot and get the light sockets with the two prong plugs on the back of them, and plug them right into an extension cord

S

strain_searcher

inefectualize said:
i just started running this thing...it uses 6 x 65 watt at 4300 lumens a piece .... all for one plant :bashhead:

That is too cool! Awesome

Illadelph said:
you don't have to wire them if you don't want to, you can just go to home depot and get the light sockets with the two prong plugs on the back of them, and plug them right into an extension cord

okay so ur saying i go to home depot n grab a light socket with a two prong plug at the end, is this a lamp or a fixture or do they sell seperate sockets with a plug at the end, cuz the only sockets i seen are sockets wit two little wires dat go for i think $3.99 USD.

heres a pic of it well a link light socket

well im trying to find the cheapest solution i think those sockets are cheap n i can grab a few of those rather den a lamp for 20 bucks. but how would i wire em fawkaz up

Last edited:

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
facelift said:
This time around I have 12 23 watters over 10-12 plants. Not enough to flower them all with, but good enough for vegging. Total of 276 watts and 1200 light output and 19,200 lumen at 1 foot. When I start flowering, I an thinking about adding 6-8 more, but planning on 4 for sure. It will look like this, 12 up top and 4-6 hanging between the 2 rows of plants. Total of 460 watts and 2000 watts light output and 32,000 lumen at 1 foot.

I am now down to 8 plants and 8 lights. The remaining four CFL's will be used in between two rows of 4 plants each during flowering. I had 100% germination, 4 plants that didn't make it out of the 1st two weeks of vegging, and I still have 2 stunted plants. The remaining plants are 3 Master Kush, 3 White Widow an ICE and 1 BS#3. The two stunted plants are the ICE and the BS#3. At least one of them is living up to it's name.

Because my timing is off, I am allowing this grow to get in the way of moving to Colorado. If I was harvesting, I would be able to go check out my two leads next week, but I have made a choice to go check them out in September. It's a late call on my part, as the plants just started taking off this past week. In fact this also puts off looking for a job in Chicago too.

If I go to Colorado for two weeks, like leaving now, and not get the jobs, I would have gone to a place that will let me work for them. If I go in for the job in Chicago and later choose to chase out this idea of moving to Colorado in September, I either have to quit and take off, or plan a vacation, or just flat out tell the guy, I am going to go check out the same job in Colorado and hope he understands.

Master Kush is a beautiful plant. The ones I have have very fine a thin leaves unlike the fat leaves all of the other plants I have grown have had. I have never had a plant like it. Thumbs up to the original breeder. I still have 7 original seeds from the 10 pack. The BS and ICE seem to have a burn and are competing for the worst plant, and the most likely to be mulched awards.

Last edited:

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
not even close, 50 real watts of CFL would maybe get a 1/8th if pruned correctly an no problems occured like nute burn an the plant went 12/12 from seed. not worth it if ya ask me. a rule of thumb i picked up is anything under a real 100watts of CFLs is a waste of time an money.

cfl king, how do i wire my cfl lights. Say i want to wire them up like Dr. BudGreen's. I buy cleats for lightsocket and den i dont know what to do after that. Where do i buy those wires that will connect each light. How do i make the two prong connection at the end. Help!!! i seem to be struggling with my lighting.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
walmart sells cords with plugs at the end an it comes with intructions on which wire goes where

cfl...KING said:
walmart sells cords with plugs at the end an it comes with intructions on which wire goes where

wow....thanks its dat simple eh? i feel kinda stupid lol, but thanks so much ur the first to help a brotah out.

ninjashoes

cfl...KING said:
not even close, 50 real watts of CFL would maybe get a 1/8th if pruned correctly an no problems occured like nute burn an the plant went 12/12 from seed. not worth it if ya ask me. a rule of thumb i picked up is anything under a real 100watts of CFLs is a waste of time an money.

hmm maybe but personally I would rather have two 25 watters that you can get nice and close with a nice spread than have one 100watt bulb trying to cover multiple plants or one large plant thats lst'd