What's new

CFL Club!

BluDiE

If there is no "max for CFL's then I have a question. I am in the middle of working out the logistics for my Mirco box, it is looking like it will be 30.5" (wide) x 21" (possibly changing to 17") (deep) x 32" tall. I was planning for about 4 CFL's for the "growing" room[20 x 21 x 31], and another 2 for the "mother" room[9 x 21 x 18]. Some recommendations for CFL's would be greatly appreciated!

The ones I have been looking at are :Here and Here

Last edited:

Illadelph

I wanted to change my DWC cab to a flowering chamber for perpetual soil. the floor dimensions are about 18"x36", maybe a tad smaller. 400w hps. I was wondering if you think i could fit 8 plants in there. How big of a pot (gal) does a 2.5ft plant need? I was hoping i could get some 9x9" square pots, because they would fit perfect. but that is 1.5gal per plant, and i thought i might need 3 gal for a plant 2.5ft tall. Let me know if i am wrong

also, what would be a good soil mix? right now I have a premixed bag of pottingsoil, compost, and peat that i was going to mix with perlite. Would that work or is there something better? I wanted something simple that i can find at a garden supply store.

Last edited:

BluDiE

When lumen's and wattage are being referenced, is that a total output by all of the lights? does the same thing apply for wattage as well? I picked up some bulbs today, but don't want to open them until I understand this a little better. Anyways, I picked up this and this. Can anyone tell me if those will work alright?

wishbone420

yea. but hope u didn't pay that price. they have 12 packs for 10 or 12 dollas at wally world. u want 2700k for flower and something around 5000k for veg. i run mixed spectrum
in veg and flower.

BluDiE

wishbone420 said:
yea. but hope u didn't pay that price. they have 12 packs for 10 or 12 dollas at wally world. u want 2700k for flower and something around 5000k for veg. i run mixed spectrum
in veg and flower.

Word, Thank You for the answer Wishbone :respect:

I actually did pay those prices, but I kept the receipt so I can bring them back, i have some PVC that needs to go back (has threaded holes) and I need to pick up some door hinges, so it wont be a huge issue.

zeonet409

I am planning my first grow with a 125w 6400K for veg and a 125w 2700k for flower, i am growing in a 36"x18"x42" cab, any thoughts or suggestions?

guest3589

6x23w CFL

6x23w CFL

Here are a few F1's from a project, I am growing all 12/12 from seed.
First week

Eighth week

My favorite girl, no stretch, fast flower, looking forward to the taste test.

Nine little girls in there and they keep the room full of a nice scent. If not for the seeding of these girls on the 5th and 15th they would be done in ten weeks from seed 12/12. :headbange :wave:

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Looks great Expertsetup !

Damn, I must move my arse this afternoon and finish to build my grow space so I can plug this baby (200W 2700K) and join the club ! :wave:

Irie !

Hey guys this was my first grow.

Used 150w cfl 42w technically for this first one I have since added another 150w cfl.

Probably only got 8 grams total off this first one and it was big bud strain! haha

guest3589

Week 9

Week 9

Nice plant there wreckingball, good job on that one.

Here are a few shots from tonight, the ninth week from germination 12/12.

Thanks expertsetup, my yeild was shitty as hell but I was happy that I got anything at all on my first try growing. Here is a nug shot of that first girl I ever harvested...Followed by the two girls I have flowering right now under 300w(84w) cfl.

Prof Sublime

Hard working pothead
Veteran
I wanna join the CFL club. WOOOT!

I currently have one teenager under 2 30 watt 3500K lights and 1 27 watt 6400k. I have the two 30 watts angled over the top of my plant. The 27 watt light hangs on the side of the plant and I rotate the plant to give 27 watter. Soon as bud sites start showing I will go get 2 42 watt 2700k lights. Makin it a total of 4 lights, 2 30s n 2 42s. We will see tommorow is week one of flowering.

I also started 11 plants under 2 27 watt 6400k that are outdoors now.

Illadelph said:
hey wreckin ball, how'd you come up with that username?

Idk kind of came out of thin air. I didn't want to use my name I use on other forums for obvious reasons, and I guess I thought about something trainwreck related but there were so many other trainwreck names so wreckingball it was.