What's new

CFL Club!

thanks so much for your input bro. I gotta mount my lights on top pointing down like your reflector design. But instead of my lights with the y-connectors pointing sideways it will be pointing lengthwise to make all 4 lights fit. I hope i can get 2x23W + 2x26W in there but im afraid that the 26W will be too large. but ne ways thanks so much for your help. Now to to smoke this bowl rite here and reflector design this shit LOL.

mosfetti

About that...
mosfetti said:
I'm in.
Running an Envirolite 125w 2600k approx 10000/12000 lumens in a pc case 45x40x19 (cm). About 1.46x1.30x0.62 (feet)

was wondering how much would be an average weight x watt with a sort of SOG in that space..

cfl...KING said:
growing isnt just the right lights its how good you are at growing, the more experince you are at growing the more likely you are at noticing deficences before they take effect an just taking care of your plants. growings 25%(lights, nutes, temps, ec.) 75% growing abilities. not exect %

...you're completely right dude.
I had a few growing experiences (outdoor) with great results (considering my inexperience).
I was just asking because I would like to know if my setup could work effectively, and how much could I yield with that kind of setup (how much could a 'medium quality' grower yield.)
This is my really first 'indoor' experience but I think I can manage plants needs with the right choices.
I love my plants.. ;)

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
theres to many veriables would need to know all the possible info for everythin being used soil, nutes, SOG or SCROG or LST, theres really to many varibles to give a guess, the only thing i can say is the more lumens per sq ft the better as long as temps are undercontrol.

mosfetti

cfl...KING said:
theres to many veriables would need to know all the possible info for everythin being used soil, nutes, SOG or SCROG or LST, theres really to many varibles to give a guess, the only thing i can say is the more lumens per sq ft the better as long as temps are undercontrol.

I should have about 10000 lumens per sq ft.

I'm giving you more info:

- temperatures: from 70 to 75

- soil: a top notch mixture of black peat (h6-h8), white peat (h3-h5), clay, and others.
electrical conductivity: 40mS/m(±25%),
ph value (h2o): 5,5-6,0
Amount of added fertilizer: 1,0kg/m3 NPK-fertilizer, 1,5kg/m3 slow release fertilizer.
the other specifics are written in dutch, so I can't translate! ;)

- nutes: cellmax flower power, cellmax leaf spray, cellmax p-k booster. (I'm using them VERY carefully! I don't want overnute issues.)

- distance from bulb: about half an inch for the main colas, and about 1 to 5 inches max for the others.

Got a mother SCROG like (she takes about half the width of the case) in a 2L pot. (
The other half is filled by 3 clones (two weeks younger than the mother) DrBudGreengenes SOG style (Clone A is about ONE main cola, Clone B has 2 main colas, Clone C is fimmed [I don't know if done correct, but it has a lot of bud spots]) in 0,5L soda bottles.
It's a sort of experiment.

EDIT
Strain: unknown VERY SLOW sativa. (I think they will take about 12-14 weeks for flowering)

Just wondering if the results will be fine.
Cheers

Last edited:
would anyone know how to hang a cfl inside a garden. whats the smallest way to hang a cfl inside a garden. The only way i can think of is using a household socket which is 4" in diameter and hanging it wit some wood & chains.

Last edited:

TraneRek

Hey all. I had a CFL question, and what better company to ask than you all!

I was wondering if you need to change from high Kelvin bulbs to low Kelvin bulbs when you switch to flowering. I've heard you should, but I was just curious as to what you all thought.

Thanks in advance!
-Rek

GrizzleB

day 42 of 12/12

day 42 of 12/12

This is my first try at growing and with 250-300ish watts of CFLs in a rubbermaid setup.

Last edited:

enigmatik

just wana share some results using CFL for veg.

using this lamp

it's 4100kelvin.....the lady at the hydro store said it would make plants real leggy(which makes sense since more blue spectrum controls height) but when i looked up the spectral distribution it seemed pretty spread out.

so we gave it a shot and this is what happened:

nirvana jock horror @day 14 veg(18/6)

side view of same plant

here's a citral@ day 17 veg

side view of same citral

Last edited:
enigmatik said:
just wana share some results using CFL for veg.

using this lamp

it's 4100kelvin.....the lady at the hydro store said it would make plants real leggy(which makes sense since more blue spectrum controls height) but when i looked up the spectral distribution it seemed pretty spread out.

so we gave it a shot and this is what happened:

nirvana jock horror @day 14 veg(18/6)

side view of same plant

here's a citral@ day 17 veg

side view of same citral

dood, i got a question, in the vegetative stage of growth, does it stink? would i need a carbon filter to hide the odor?

enigmatik

nah, you should be alright.

i was worried about smell too when i built the cab, but they don't smell at all, not in veg at least. you gotta actually rub the leaves and then sniff em to get a smell.

TraneRek

I never thought about growing in an MRI machine before :muahaha:
Seriously though, that's a crazy setup; how's it work for ya inefectualize? Looks nice not having to worry about burning your babies.

Enigmatik
, you paid $25+ for that 65W bulb? Wouldn't it have been better to get a 105W bulb like THIS? You get 50% more lumens for nearly the same price. Just a heads up!

-Rek :rasta:

Last edited:

enigmatik

TraneRek, didn't even look at the price when i posted that link.... thats way too expensive for these lamps IMO. i got em on sale for 13 and some change at the local hardware store. good lookin out, tho.

TraneRek said:
I never thought about growing in an MRI machine before :muahaha:
Seriously though, that's a crazy setup; how's it work for ya inefectualize? Looks nice not having to worry about burning your babies.

Enigmatik
, you paid $25+ for that 65W bulb? Wouldn't it have been better to get a 105W bulb like THIS? You get 50% more lumens for nearly the same price. Just a heads up!

-Rek :rasta:

the bulbs were less than 8 bucks a piece
:joint: I really dislike those screw in compacts.....talk about a terrible design for efficiently broadcasting the light, and they would totally fuck with the design flow....the bulbs i am using are rated at 4300 lumens and times 6 is 25,800 lumens EFFICIENTLY being broadcast to the center of the can without heat....i bet i can get higher foot candle readings using linear bulbs vs spiral bulbs per the same wattage any day....

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
CFL Growers love to prove the haters wrong cuz my buddy is a hater who swears I wont get shit using cfls but heres what I have going so far

440 watts in 3.5 Square Feet 29,000 Lumens 8,000 per Sq Ft!!!!!

I just have 2 Alaskan Thunderfuck clones that I did some LST on

shot of the box with both girls

nice example of LST

I also have a grow journal going with these but I had to post in the CFL Club
feel free to come and give criticism and all feedback is welcome,can anyone tell me how to put the link to my journal in my sig???

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
TraneRek said:
Hey all. I had a CFL question, and what better company to ask than you all!

I was wondering if you need to change from high Kelvin bulbs to low Kelvin bulbs when you switch to flowering. I've heard you should, but I was just curious as to what you all thought.

Thanks in advance!
-Rek

TraneRek - yes you should change from 6500K for Veg to 2700K or 3000K for flowering, the plants seem to like a little bit of both in flower I would say 2 Blue bulbs(6500K) for every 4 Red ones(2700K) you have going

hope that helps

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
I just found the biggest CFL's in the world 300w and needs a ballast but they have 125w and 200w ones that have the perfect spectral reading and wouldn't need to switch bulbs they are call Bio Tropic ...

check it out heres the link

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=izi&sa=N

be sure to click on Products and then CFLs but if you snoop around on the site you will find tuns of info about why CFL is better that HID and these new Purple CFLs are right along Plant Growth in the Spectral charts you have to see!!!

Last edited:

ninjashoes

Thundurkel said:
I just found the biggest CFL's in the world 300w and needs a ballast but they have 125w and 200w ones that have the perfect spectral reading and wouldn't need to switch bulbs they are call Bio Tropic ...

check it out heres the link

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=izi&sa=N

be sure to click on Products and then CFLs but if you snoop around on the site you will find tuns of info about why CFL is better that HID and these new Purple CFLs are right along Plant Growth in the Spectral charts you have to see!!!

damn those are some huge cfl's

some of the other information on that page was very interesting also, those different floros looks like lightsabers

Latest posts

Latest posts