What's new

CFL Club!

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
CFL user hear. Last grow of my own brand of seeds 12 23 watt cfls 4 plants, 6-8 ounces over 100 days. I guess the lumen count was up to near 19,000. Current grow is WW. Just one female under 10 23 watt cfls. lumen count is 16,000. Since I am using seeds/strain I am unfamiliar with, I don;t know what to expect. I guess the plant is flowering fine, it's only been 17-18 days. The tops have developed along main stem and side branches, but they seem to be much smaller than the tops in my last grow. Add to this, I am making seeds to protect my investment, I just don't know what to expect.

I may be out of weed for sometime with 4 more strains to seed out.

Great idea for a thread. Somewhere where I can fit in.

Oh. I was looking for info on other WW grows....

Have a great day!

William

facelift

This is the money you could be saving if you grow
Veteran
Sorry for the double post here, but I wanted to include info of my grow style.

I don;t use reflectors and each pair of lights are on their own cord so they can be adjusted in height. So the plant now has 2 lights up top, and 8 lights along the sides of the plant(s). I get real nice light coverage from floor to top of plant(s). The fan is a clip on fan that can be moved anywhere in the box.

Take care!

greenhead

Veteran
yeknomssa said:
From the Light of America Website:
9267_prod_img.jpg

Sounds a bit out there, but companies will pad their numbers sometimes. who knows, it might really put out that much. only available in 6500k in that wattage though.

If you look further on the site, you'll find out that the lumens listed is a mistake, because they have just the bulb listed elsewhere and there is a different figure for the lumens given. The lower figure sounds like the right lumens for a 65 watt light.

Power Consumption: 65 watts
Dimensions: 3" wide x 9" long
Light Output: 4,550 lumens
Color Temperature: 6,500 degrees Kelvin

http://www.energyfederation.org/loa/default.php/cPath/2411_2412_2431

:joint: :wave:

I

icon

good find, its still nice to know even though i was miss led by what the company printed. still cant complain though $35 for a great working cfl that comes with a reflector.

CFLs

CFLs

Yeah I got a grow on the go with purely CFL lighting.
Veg I use 1x125w blue 6400k ecolite + up to 4 20w Household BC energy savers (100w incandescent equivalent each apparently)

Here's a pic of the mum I have in veg. Been in there 5 weeks from seed.

Flower I use 1x200w red spectrum 2700k envirolight + 1x125w red 2700k ecolight and up to 4 20w (100w incandescent equiv apparently) household energy saver CFLs.

Couple of pics. Next one was put in the flower cab 7 days after germination. It has had 1 week 24/0 under the blue/red mix in veg and 4 weeks so far under the flower lights. Dunno how long till it will be ready but buds are getting bigger now.

These are all I have in flower cab. They have had 1 week, 3 weeks and 4 weeks veg growth. Should get a nice staggered harvest. Dunno what to do with the remaining fem in veg as not enough room in flower cab for another. Gonna take clones for sure. Then maybe plant outside?

CFLs are just what I needed to be able to get going and see how it is to grow.

Peace all

bun2

DigiTM

Well, I asked this in my own topic about my build. But I figured I would also put it in here.

If I buy a 5500k 23 Watt CFL and pair it with my current 42 Watt 6500k CFL. Will that be bad? I heard the spectrum that is fine to use is 5000k to 6500k, but idk if mismatching them like that will be bad for my plant or not.

Any help on that?

Thanks.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
blue lights are better for veg, red lights are better for flower, and a mix of spectrums is always beneficial.

stikik22

hey Club, Just got my 250 watt cfl in the mail, and i was wondering if anyone knew where to get the lamp cord or socket for such a large CFL.....its 14 inches long

PeavillePride said:
I dont use only CFL's in Veg,but i thought i would show these new big ass 300 wtt CFL's.They work great for Veg with a HPS combo.These are the biggest ive found,not sure if there are bigger.Got these @ Lowes for $16 :rasta:
:joint:

great bulbs, do they put off alot of heat? i think i could use about a half dozen of these.

PeavillePride said:

:rasta: First time i ever used CFL or any flouro in flower.I built a little cab for the hell of it/tribute to phototrons,lol/and threw 4 plants in it and got a qp.But those 300s(cfl's)_ work well with a small hps to mix in.Hardly no wtts got me a qp,i think of all the elec i use runnin my two 600's in flower and what it takes to get a qp with the cfl's its funny,lol. :joint: I like seein peoples low watt grows that pump out some sweet meds. :rasta:

:rasta:

those are sweat plants, idefinatly need a dozen of those.

yeknomssa

hey guys, hows everyone doin? i've been a little inactive on the forums recently as i've been gearing up for my next grow and just busy with life in general. I started some AK-47 seeds on St. Patty's day, 6/6 germed within 48 hours (yay) and i threw them (gently) into some peat pucks and they should be coming above ground any day now.

here's my dilemma: for flower i'll be using 6x42w 2700k CFLs and i have no probem finding those. what i can't find are the 3 42w 6500k CFLs. the biggest ones i can find are 100w equivilent (i thinks they're 26w) but i don't want to buy a whole lot of them. think my little kids will be okay under 3x26w until flower time?

bongasaurus

king of the dinosaurs
Veteran
yeknomssa said:
hey guys, hows everyone doin? i've been a little inactive on the forums recently as i've been gearing up for my next grow and just busy with life in general. I started some AK-47 seeds on St. Patty's day, 6/6 germed within 48 hours (yay) and i threw them (gently) into some peat pucks and they should be coming above ground any day now.

here's my dilemma: for flower i'll be using 6x42w 2700k CFLs and i have no probem finding those. what i can't find are the 3 42w 6500k CFLs. the biggest ones i can find are 100w equivilent (i thinks they're 26w) but i don't want to buy a whole lot of them. think my little kids will be okay under 3x26w until flower time?
i think ya should be fine for the time being

i too had a hard time finding the higher k bulbs but found that my Home Depot now carries them. maybe shop around a little...?

all is well in my box! a few days to go for the bagseed

yeknomssa

thanks for the info guys, i actually have kinda solved my dilemma. walmart has a 2 pack of the 26w 6500k bulbs for like $7, so i'll buy two of those and with my Y adapters, i'll put those 4 plus 2 23w 2700k bulbs (from my last grow) in there to even out the light. a little bit of mixed spectrum never hurt anyone :D

i just saw a 'purple' cfl the other day (i don't remember where, going to use up a
'high moment' on that one) does anyone have any experience with these along with
where they can be bought besides online?

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Has anyone tried the ecolite MG 200W Purple ? It's announced for both growing and flowering stages, at 25 000k, but can't get the amount of lumens.

Irie !

Latest posts

Latest posts