What's new

Bruce Banner #3

Unfortunately up here in Alaska we don't have access to clones like the lower 48. I would love to grow the original one day, but from seed is the only option i got available. Even with the bit of unethical controversy y'all shared, it seems like dark horse is the only source of seeds i could find. Anyhow cheers and I'll keep y'all posted on progress and lab test results if there is any interest.

G

I have a question. Doing a search for strongest strains via Google many hits for the last couple years list BB3 as a top hitter consistently. If the strain is claimed to be diluted by a lot of breeders just using the name, what is the source for the product that is rated so highly? Are these coming from plants of the lineage that theman has passed to people?

TheMan13

Veteran
I have a question. Doing a search for strongest strains via Google many hits for the last couple years list BB3 as a top hitter consistently. If the strain is claimed to be diluted by a lot of breeders just using the name, what is the source for the product that is rated so highly? Are these coming from plants of the lineage that theman has passed to people?

BB3 is a clone only cultivar similar to say GG4. It was bred, selected and distributed originally by the now defunct Delta 9 Caretakers out of Colorado circa 2009. Jason Holck, the founder of Dark Horse Genetics, was a member of Delta 9 Caretakers at that time. Since that time Dark Horse Genetics has used the BB3 cultivar and Banner name pretty extensively in their breeding program and may be the source of some of the genetic/naming confusion over the years.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I just chopped my banner today. Would be nice to compare to yours. I have no clue if its from the clone only or seed. Nice hard nugs with a strong kinds strawberry flavor and some of the smoothest non lung expanding smoke I have grown. Powerful but functional mostly sativa buzz. I cannot taste any OG an its stems are nice and strong, unlike all the OGs I have grown with floppy spegetti stems.

TheMan13

Veteran
I just chopped my banner today. Would be nice to compare to yours. I have no clue if its from the clone only or seed. Nice hard nugs with a strong kinds strawberry flavor and some of the smoothest non lung expanding smoke I have grown. Powerful but functional mostly sativa buzz. I cannot taste any OG an its stems are nice and strong, unlike all the OGs I have grown with floppy spegetti stems.

PM me your source brother, I may be able to confirm that way.

G

BB3 is a clone only cultivar similar to say GG4. It was bred, selected and distributed originally by the now defunct Delta 9 Caretakers out of Colorado circa 2009. Jason Holck, the founder of Dark Horse Genetics, was a member of Delta 9 Caretakers at that time. Since that time Dark Horse Genetics has used the BB3 cultivar and Banner name pretty extensively in their breeding program and may be the source of some of the genetic/naming confusion over the years.
I had read that in these threads and and the long way around to my point is when trying to aquire clones how to not get screwed by someone selling who knows what and saying its BB3.
After the grow of Elmer's I am doing now I'd like to score a couple known authentic clones in February or so.

billb

Veteran
I’ve only smoked her one time. An it was what I’m abt to chop of the mans that had been curing over a year. It blew my lungs up. So expansion is one of the many traits that made it become one of my fav of all times.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You got lucky bill. I had just came back from the cup and had a few spare judges samples that some how didn't get smoked lol.

billb

Veteran
You got lucky bill. I had just came back from the cup and had a few spare judges samples that some how didn't get smoked lol.

I got very lucky. On a few diff levels! Lol
I plan on putting up enough to last me a year. Lol
I’m sure it won’t be of that quality. But it won’t be because of trying. An she’ll be I. The stable as long as there is one

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
my BB3 mom is about to come down,she has a few nice nug on top ,2 lower branches on her just up & died ,not broke or anything

TheMan13

Veteran
Before:
picture.php

After:
attachment.php

That's how I roll ;-)~

Attachments

• Bruce Banner #3 rolled.jpg
    Bruce Banner #3 rolled.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

TheMan13

Veteran
Bruce Banner #3 throws hand grenades like no other strain I have worked with. Those nugs came from only a 630w CMH.