What's new

Bogglegum Hempy Style under 252w of CFL/PLL's

Heres a little more in-depth pics of the plants to show you guys how everything has been coming along. Took a bunch of photos, different angles and stuff to show how they are topped/the growth structure/etc. You'll really see what I meant when I said that all of them are ready for more clones to be taken. Enjoy!

Plant A:

Plant B:

Plant C:

Plant D:

Plant E:

Each of them seems to have a different smell currently in veg(ranging from odorless to quite pungent). D was the first one after A to start showing alternating nodes so that is why it was the first get cloned. Pretty much all of them are showing alternating nodes and have plenty of clone sites by now though. Just need to clear up some actual room for the clones so I can cut them.

Last but not least heres a pic of them all tucked back into the box, my happy little forest. :)

wow dude they look kickass in such a small cup. whats the secret?

No secrets :). Its probably the genetics, BOG's stuff is just exceptional. Everything else I have learned and that I do in my grows comes from this very website. From the hempy buckets, to the DrBud style SOG flowering to the Spurrs nutrient formula.

Nice looking grow you've got going there....plant D is my favorite. :D

Plant D's growth pattern is a little bit more tall and lanky/thin in comparison to the others being shorter and super bushy. D is also very fragrant right now in veg, the best smelling out of any of them. Hope it isn't a male :).

NICE GREEN HEALTHY BABYZZ BRO, GONNA BE SUPER GROW FOR SURE!!!

wow they look great. making me want to go hempy for my next grow for sure with pics like these.

Thanks for the kind words all, I'll keep the updates comin' right along as things progress and we get that box filled up for flowering.

Hey dundee I've been contemplating going hempy and I've been reading the hempy thread over in the hydro section but it's SO long and I keep reading different things every few pages. I see that you went with the original 3:1 ratio hempy states in the first page but then I read some went 100% perlite or some do 50/50 perlite and coco or some even doing it with hydroton. Just wanted to know which method is easiest and won't have any complications later on down the road. Thanks man and I look forward to seeing how your solo plants are doing.

p.s. anyone else that also knows/has had experience growing this way is more than free to chime in with their advice. thanks!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
whatever method you like is going to be the easiest.

the reason people are switching up what they use is because they understand the principles and thats really all you need.

media that holds moisture but not too much, and a container with a reservoir. a.k.a the cup/bucket etc with a hole drilled near the bottom. thats it. thats all you need to know.

the rest of how to implement it is up to you. i did all perlite, and it works fine, i also did a cocomix with perlite for the res part. that works too.

whatever method you like is going to be the easiest.

the reason people are switching up what they use is because they understand the principles and thats really all you need.

media that holds moisture but not too much, and a container with a reservoir. a.k.a the cup/bucket etc with a hole drilled near the bottom. thats it. thats all you need to know.

the rest of how to implement it is up to you. i did all perlite, and it works fine, i also did a cocomix with perlite for the res part. that works too.

This is 100% correct. The reason I am still using the 3:1 ratio is just because it works for me.

The only difference you'll see when changing the ratios in the medium is the amount of time the plants can go inbetween waterings. Vermiculite for instance, is much better at holding onto water than perlite. So if you went 100% perlite you would probably have to water more often and the containers would dry out faster. Whereas if you went 50/50 you could go another day or two inbetween your waterings(depending on container size, of course).

The way I have it setup I water my plants every other or every third day sometimes(depending on temps/humidity). Also depending on plant size, when they are smaller they can usually go 2 days between waterings for me, where as my largest mother plant and plants that are getting towards the end of flowering need watering basically everyday since they get pretty huge for the solo cups.

Also availability can be key, a lot of the people that are using 100% perlite just simply cannot buy vermiculite at any local store/hydro shop/etc. I'm not sure why but that stuff is disappearing off the shelves everywhere, I guess no one really uses it much anymore except for marijuana growing? My last few bags of it I had to order off the internet(thank god its super lightweight so shipping is cheap, unlike soil). Its all down to what you can get, what is cost effective for you, what works in your situation, what your personal preference is in regards to watering, etc. That's why you see a ton of different answers every few pages, its just different implementations of the same hempy bucket ideas that stihgnobevloi went over above, media that holds onto moisture, container with a small reservoir at the bottom, drill a hole at the correct height and voila you're good.

100% Dundee, Hello from killmarnock!

Im pretty new at this so forgive me if im asking moronic questions, but see your hempy tubs are they going to be that size all the time or will you switch em to bigger ones? Im really looking at what your doing as my cab is small aswell and hempy pint cups seem like the best idea for me. Im still at the design stage for mine so Im just picking your brains for the future.

Edit
-------------

Im also going to be using an auto strain from ShortStuff would you recommend SOG or SCOG? Im thinking a SOG of five plants under the 90w led light would do.

Last, What nutrients are you giving them. You said lucas formula but who makes your nutrients?

Im pretty new at this so forgive me if im asking moronic questions, but see your hempy tubs are they going to be that size all the time or will you switch em to bigger ones?

Yeah I keep them in those same cups to flower them out. Same container for all stages of growth, mothers, veg, flower, etc.

Im also going to be using an auto strain from ShortStuff would you recommend SOG or SCOG?

Last, What nutrients are you giving them. You said lucas formula but who makes your nutrients?

I dont know anything about growing auto strains but my preferred method is the SOG style. I have tried LST'ing and SCROG'ing and the likes before with good results, SOG is just easier, faster and overall more efficient for me.

I use Spurr's formula, its like a modified version of the lucas formula tailored by one of this very forums users.

I use the first 5 columns(G.H Micro, Grow, Bloom, Calmag Plus, and I substitute Botanicare Silica Blast for the Pro-tekt). I don't bother with the epsom salt, boric acid or fulvic acid currently.

Update for my plants coming up shortly, getting the pics sorted! :)

Sorry for the wait on the update, been a few weeks of nothing much really happening and I was just waiting until I had something to show off :).

Ill start off back on the 31st of Oct, about two weeks ago when I took this pic. I had just went away for a few days and when I came back the plants had exploded in growth, way too big for me to deal with like this.

So I decided to take another round of clones from all of them, trim them down a little bit and flower them out first to sex/see what kind of phenos I'm working with. Might as well do it while I wait for the new clones to get ready. After cloning, they all got a good watering and I put them into 36hrs of darkness in preparation for 12/12 flowering. Here they are after 10 days of flowering, you'll notice there are only 4 plants now instead of 5. All have shown sex and Plant C ended up being a male. Fortunately A,B,D,E are all female :).

And some pics of the individual plants.

Plant A:

Plant B:

Plant D:

Plant E:

In related news, Plant D has developed two mutations on the two lowest main branches at the nodes that I cut above for cloning, pretty neat.

One trifoliate / triploid mutation.

And one quadrifoliate / quadraploid mutation.

Hey dundee, i myself am also growing some beer cup hempies, this is my first grow and you seem to have this figured out pretty well. If you wouldnt mind stoppin by my thread and lettin my know what you think id appreciate it!! Plants are lookin great man keep it up. But heres a link to my thread https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=224798. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• P1010690.jpg
    P1010690.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 10

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow O wow dundee thouse r some huze as plants for such small beer cups. how r u getting such huge plants in little cups? is it from topping them or somthing else?

wow O wow dundee thouse r some huze as plants for such small beer cups. how r u getting such huge plants in little cups? is it from topping them or somthing else?

Yeah these aren't the size of my plants normally, these were going to be mothers but they just got too big for me to deal with thus they are getting flowered. That's why they have been topped so many times and only 4 of them are basically taking up like 80% of my box haha.

My plants are normally like Dr.Bud style, single cola top to bottom with maybe a few bottom branches. Like the previous harvest. When my clones get going we should see some more of that action :).

Heres how we are looking today, day 15 of 12/12 for these girls. I gave them a nice plain water flush yesterday for the end of week two. Really nice fast production of the budsites so far, they are popping up everywhere.

Also as of today, day 15, there is already visible crystal production. This should be a fun one :).

greenluv707

pit wisper/ rare strain collector
cant wait to see this, allways been intrested in this strain.i was gifted 25 beans of this strain and i cant wait to start them.

100%dundee hows the smoke on theses girls? also is there certin phenos that i should look for in my pack?

Latest posts

Latest posts