What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PineApple TrainWreck 6x23w cfl first time micro

high fellow icmaggers
I will start off by entirely admitting newb status as this is my first grow
So i am at 29 days of 12/12 from seed. I have 11 plants total in my box, 3 of which are about a week and a half or so behind. I currently have 4 UBS (unknown bag seed from a friend) ladies as well as 4 PTW (pineapple trainwreck) ladies. I am running hempies due to the ease as well as the awesome harvests that i have seen. Feeding with Green Planet's Medi-One at about 25 ml to the gallon and ph'ed to between 5.5 and 6.5 (cant afford a digital reader). Feeding everyother day while working in a flush of straight water every week and a half or two weeks thus far. (only done it twice) Heres some pics of how things are looking so far.Any and all advice/comments are welcome

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
Next grow I'd start off with mixing some vermiculite, I like 3 parts perlite 1 part vermiculite or so, to hold some water.

I am not familiar with Medi One but what information I can gather from their website is that it's a one part fert for cannabis made as they say from organic stuff and some potassium sulphate. Looks to me like they are leaving it up to you to supply enough cal/mag either by adding it or amending your medium.

here's their sales pitch "MEDI ONE is formulated from all natural ingredients for use in organic gardening.

It contains hydrolyzed fish soluble extract from Atlantic Menhaden that are slowly steamed and hydrolyzed to preserve the amino acids. These are blended with North Atlantic kelp extract, blood meal and mined potassium sulphate to provide additional nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (N-P-K). Natural Humate complexes are also added to increase the overall balance in this high quality liquid organic fertilizer

MEDI ONE contains the specific nutrients to produce abundant fragrant in plants naturally. This liquid formula can also be used on all vegetables, fuits, flowers, trees and houseplants. MEDI ONE is specially formulated to medicinal cannabis and other plants with nutrients thay require for healthy growth. It provides essential nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in a 4-3-3 ratio along with amino acids, natural growth hormones and humates. Ingredients: Hydrolyzed fish, kelp extract, bloodmeal,mined potassium sulphate and humates.

This liquid fertilizer is used on all gardens, vegetables, fruits, flowers, trees and house plants. RECOMMENDED BY DR. PAUL HORNBY..

THIS IS A ONE PART GROW AND BLOOM PRODUCT, MEDI ONE IS ALL YOU NEED FOR YOUR GARDEN.
"

Doesn't sound to me like the ideal nute for straight perlite. On top of which the sales pitch says you should use 40ml gallon in bloom see below.

"In vegetating or flowering I use 5ml per liter / 20ml per gallon. In Bloom I use 10 ml per liter or 40 ml per gallon. I feed every time till day 35 then I water till day 56." copy 'n pasted from their information page

I'd buy a complete fert and save that Medi One for some amended soil or coco, personally.

Maddhatter

looking good i like the little popsicles :)

maxibloom is a really good single nute (i dont use it personally but a buddy of mine does) and i hear and have seen great things!

Thanks stonedar, i wasn't originally planning on running hempies, i was planning on a soil run, therefore i had bought the medi-one, and then i was given a link to the hempy bucket thread, knowing that i would be impatient and constantly lurking in my closet trying to water the plants. I can actually do that with hempies!! Also, i am a student, which equals broke as a joke, therefore i tried going with a 1 part, rather inexpensive nute. I was concerned that i may not be getting all the needed nutrients because of the perlite. And i will definitely be putting in some vermiculite with my next run. I was kind of rushed this time around because i was low on funds, had the solo cups, had seedlings that were getting way to big, and needed to be in the box. Any recommendations on a relatively inexpensive 1 part?

Madhatter-thanks for stoppin in man, ive heard that maxibloom affects taste, adding a harshness to the smoke, do you find this true at all from what youve experienced through your buddy?

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
for sure count me in. this is gonna be a sweet grow. small but very efficient!!! love it. That PTW sounds like its gonna be some killer herb. the smell of it is gonna be some niceee stuff. keep us posted.

have fun be safe
-NEG987-

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
I'm in the USA. If I was gonna suggest a one part I would suggest Floranova Bloom, Maxibloom, or DynaGro Bloom. All pretty cheap and easy to find here at least.

As far as taste, what your buddy has tasted with maxibloom is bud that wasn't flushed properly. Last 2 weeks of your grow just feed water you should be fine. Some people flush longer but perlite isn't gonna hold alot of nutes to be flushed so 2 weeks will be plenty.

I think your plants look great for a 1st run, especially as ambitious a 1st run as straight perlite hydro. You gotta supply all the plants needs in hydro, you're not far off. I'd go buy a small bottle/bag of a more complete fert if you can afford it and you'll be off to the races!

NE_GROWER- thanks for following along man!! im real excited to see how this goes myself, and i cant wait for the PTW, already gettin frosty!!

Stonedar- ill talk to some friends, or run up to the store and see if i can get one of those bloom formulas. I've been lurking on here for a long time and figured why not go for gold and make the most out of my little space, and knew that everyone on here would help out, so i decided to be ambitious. And thanks a lot again

I also have a little veg box that i didnt mention, not all of the seeds i had started fit in the flower box, so i've got 6 more under another 3x23w of cfl's. Done a bit of topping and LST'ing

Attachments

• P1010642.jpg
    P1010642.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 14
  • P1010640.jpg
    P1010640.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 11
  • P1010644.jpg
    P1010644.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010647.jpg
    P1010647.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010648.jpg
    P1010648.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 14

Maddhatter

Thanks stonedar, i wasn't originally planning on running hempies, i was planning on a soil run, therefore i had bought the medi-one, and then i was given a link to the hempy bucket thread, knowing that i would be impatient and constantly lurking in my closet trying to water the plants. I can actually do that with hempies!! Also, i am a student, which equals broke as a joke, therefore i tried going with a 1 part, rather inexpensive nute. I was concerned that i may not be getting all the needed nutrients because of the perlite. And i will definitely be putting in some vermiculite with my next run. I was kind of rushed this time around because i was low on funds, had the solo cups, had seedlings that were getting way to big, and needed to be in the box. Any recommendations on a relatively inexpensive 1 part?

Madhatter-thanks for stoppin in man, ive heard that maxibloom affects taste, adding a harshness to the smoke, do you find this true at all from what youve experienced through your buddy?

i have not heard of it, i would assume that if it is flushed the last weeks of flowering and cured properly its smoothe

NE- yea tryin it out, the lateral branching thus far has blown my mind

Maddhatter- good to know, theres is so much IC knowledge crowding my head i must have just confused something, all this information on here theres only so much place to keep it in my high head!

just needs the flush long enough with maxibloom and it will taste like any other. 2weeks or longer is the norm. some do 1 week but i.m.o. the longer the flush the more the natural favors in the bud come out after drying with any nutes.
ur girls are lookin good and ready to start takin off. lst is fun when those branches come.

and thanks for stoppin in rollinmachine, the lsting is blowing my mind thus far, probably going to flip to 12/12 on those within a few days

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
for sure do a flush before new nutrients unless you have been on a strict organic feeding schedule then there will be no need for a flush. When you pick up your nutrients id recommend Humboldt Nutrients Grow/Mirco/Bloom and for flush check out GH Flora Kleen for flushing. stuff works the charm ;)

for sure do a flush before new nutrients unless you have been on a strict organic feeding schedule then there will be no need for a flush. When you pick up your nutrients id recommend Humboldt Nutrients Grow/Mirco/Bloom and for flush check out GH Flora Kleen for flushing. stuff works the charm ;)

I actually ran to the hydro store last night, the girls were real hungry, and i picked up some FloraNova Bloom. I fed last night at 1 tsp to a gallon. Didnt want to shock the plants or anything so i fed em kinda light. Things are already looking a bit perkier today!

I was wondering when i should start to remove some of the larger fan leaves, since i'm running cfl's with aweful penetration, and want to get as much bud from this harvest as possible, even if its little popcorn nuggets. What do you guys think?

stonedar

Macro-aggressor
Veteran
only the buds on the top will be worth a damn anyway. lollypop them at 3 weeks or so. remove lower 1/3 of plant, maybe more. I'd leave the leaves on, and remove lower branches but thats just me. no right way or wrong way.

if I was gonna run that cab I'd run way less plants and LST or SCROG. training the plants all the way through stretch so that I didn't end up with much sticking above the screen (short buds)

it's not easy growing micro, dude. specially with CFL's. they just don't throw usable light very far. 4-5 inches from the bulb at most.

hopefully you'll get more people in here posting, more ideas

yea, im planning on running only 1 or 2 plants in this cab next time around, to be honest, one day i decided that i was sick of the whole paying for meds thing, especially when all the dispensaries in the area got shut down. I had no idea what to really expect this time around, so i just decided to give it a shot. I got a bunch of seeds cheap and was originally inspired by drbudgreengenes method, and then came across hempies, and got a little crazy. I was originally planning on building a mother box for next time around, but decided that ill probably be building a bigger cab and upgrading to a 150 w hps, as well as running a scrog in the box im running now, big dreams for the next few months, well see

Latest posts

Latest posts