What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bogglegum Hempy Style under 252w of CFL/PLL's

Do you put weights in the hempy cups for keeping the plants from falling over? They look way too top heavy.:joint:

Congrats on the harvest. Looks like you got you method dialed in perfect!

Haha, sometimes these ones did fall over when I was watering and such. :wallbash: My usual plants are more Dr.Bud style single cola straight up so I don't have a problem with them, but since these were from seed and got topped many times as well as vegged for quite a bit longer than usual, they ended up kind of crazy. Thats the reason only 4 plants took up basically my entire cabinet, where I can usually get 9-12 in there.

In other, related news. I have given all the bud its final manicure and trimmed off all the tiny/smaller buds that were dry already, most of the larger stuff is still drying. Plant A seems to have hermied or something, there are many immature seed pods on the buds unfortunately. Some containing immature seeds and some with nothing. Due to this I will most likely be making all of that plant into BHO/Cannabutter, not a huge problem. I think it might have happened sometime right towards the end, there was a noticeable slow down in growth on that particular plant which was odd. Something to look out for in the clones if I decide to keep them, might just get rid of them though.

I just mixed up all the tiny little nugs into one jar to start curing, theres like 12g here(not including any from Plant A). Then a few little teaser shots of just a few of the baby nugs I picked out of the jar, I will get shots of some of the bigger nugs when they are finished drying :). I will also get a better idea of the final weights at that time.

Hell yea dundee!!! Looks awesome, turning plant A into BHO sounds like a fun project :dance013: i finally decided to go for it yesterday and ran 6 grams of my personals. It was a tough decision, but i just love BHO so much that i had to spare a bit of my first harvest :). I am by no means upset, cuz i got a little over a gram of golden deliciousness. I would love to see your extraction!! Anyways, congrats again on a beautiful Harvest!!!

p.s. sorry bout the herm, makes it easier to do an extraction that way though! dont feel as bad haha

Yeah, I love making/smoking BHO so it never makes me feel bad :). I like to whip mine up, to a 'budder' like consistency. Makes it a lot easier to work with in my opinion, I like being able to crumble it into a joint/blunt or just break off a little chunk to place on top of a bowl.

Heres a few pics of what mine comes out looking like, this is still being whipped I think but its very close to the final product.

some good lookin budder you got there! Heres, a bit of mine, not my most recent batch, will take pics of that along with budshots tonight, but this was.....trying to remember.....but my memory from the period of time i had that is a bit faded lol. I personally don't whip my oil, cuz i love to dab it. If it budders up by itself (which it frequently does) i have a Healthstone slide to use, or i just crumble it up on a bowl, which is definitely a nice way to smoke it! Anyways, yours looks delicious, beautiful color on it! Wouldnt mind a nice toke :tiphat:

Attachments

• P1011266.jpg
    P1011266.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 10
  • P1011138.jpg
    P1011138.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 11
Been a while since I updated this thread, sorry folks. Been pretty busy building/designing/researching etc for my new 400w box, which can be seen over here http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228924 . Hope some of you tag along when I get that grow up and going as well, I will be playing with a lot of fun new genetics in it :).

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. As far as final, dry yields go it looked something like this:

Plant A: ~15g (again this one hermie'd so its all going to hash/edibles)
Plant B: ~11g top quality buds(smoking quality) + ~3-4g fluffy buds(hash/edibles)
Plant D: ~12g top + ~2g fluff
Plant E: ~12g top + ~3-4g fluff

So overall like ~35g of top quality nugs and ~25g of stuff for hash/edible making. Overall Plant B and E were pretty similar and my favorites, I really like the way they grew, smell(nice and floral sitting in the jars, sweet and fruity when you pinch it/break it up), look, taste, everything. I'm sure they will make some fantastic BHO/edibles as well since they are completely coated in trich's. I liked the way Plant D yielded(it was basically 4 nice, big ~3gram colas) and it was coated in trich's as well, but its just lacking a bit in the smell/flavor department for my liking.

Anyway, onto some photos. Tried to get a few closups/decent pictures for you guys to see just how frost they actually turned out. Overall, a bit less yield than I wanted(mainly due to the hermi) but also because these were coming from seed and got topped many times/etc. I should be able to dial it in better with clones from Plants B/E and hit the ~15g per plant marker.

Plant B:

Plant E:

Enjoy, I know I am :). :joint: