What's new

Bogglegum Hempy Style under 252w of CFL/PLL's

Chomp, I will be sure to do a smoke report of sorts on this batch whenever they get smoked. The clones of this mother that I have previously grown were all in soil, foxfarm nutrients and under 156w of CFLs. Don't think it would be fair to give a smoke report for those guys since they never looked anywhere near as good as these new hempy/lucas formula/252w grown ones do :).

Here the full update I promised in the last post, took plenty of pics and at least a few came out decent enough to post this time :). These are from last night right after the lights came back on, day 55 of 12/12. Couple more days :).

Full plant shots:
Plant 1 Plant 2 Plant 3

Top cola shots:
Plant 1 Plant 2 Plant 3

All three grouped together again, same order as above :).

Couple more days and ill post some harvest pics, don't run off yet you guys!

HARVEST TIMEEE!!!

Well not really, but a little teaser harvest for you guys :). When I opened the cab today I noticed some of the leaves were beginning to yellow up a bit and even the tips of some of them were dead/shriveled on my baby apple sauce container plant.

Once again, I am just amazed that this plant that I forgot about, neglected, kept 10+ inches away from the lights, fed it random full strength nutes /half strength nutes/run off water(basically whatever I had leftover/around) and yet it still produced something smokable. Not really concerned by how much comes off it dry, I will be thrilled if I can just roll one nice blunt or joint to smoke in remembrance of my little apple sauce container plant.

kjz71521

Nice work bro. Im loving you cab design and the collie your pulling from it, Definate keeper strain. Keep it greenthumb.

Okay so the real harvest time was indeed last night. 58 days of 12/12 total for these girls, very impressed with the quality as well as the quantity, I'll get a weight before they go into the jars for curing. I had to take a bong rip of the scissor/glove hash before posting this and it was fantastic.

Anyway, onto the pictures!
This is them just chopped down and after I ripped off most/all of the big fan leaves.

Closer shots of each one.

This is the whole harvest after breaking down the big colas a bit and trimming a lot more.

Closer shots:

Small nugs, very satisfied by how little I ended up with(trimming the smaller stuff is always a pain).

Sugar trim and a few tiny, fluffy buds that I didn't want to bother trimming.

All of the nugs. That white box they are sitting on is 15" x 10" so that might help you gauge the size of the nugs a bit. The largest cola there on the right is about 9" currently

Closer shots of the above:

That is about it for now everyone. I will post some dry shots before they go into the jars and weigh them at that point too.

I'm off to take another rip of that scissor/glove hash and then pass out!!! Pulled an all nighter cutting them down, trimming, taking all the pictures, etc. See everyone in a week or so, if not sooner, whenever everything is dry.

Chomp

Great Harvest 100%Dundee....looks like that BOG is a heavy yielder...can't wait for the smoke report! :good:

:rasta:Chomp

Z

zen_trikester

all of a sudden I want to try hempy buckets:jump:

well done. those bud look awesome.:tiphat:

I know right? I just planted up a couple of clones. I gotta try this myself!!! I have organic soil going pretty well right now so I should probably play with some hempy buckets. I have a friend who is going to be doing some hempy stuff soon so I wanted to play around with it anyways and be able to help his newbie ass out. Great pull Dundee! It will be interesting to compare yield and taste etc. I'm pretty convinced that I can yield more this way.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Badass genetics and growing skill. No reason to hate cfl or flouro, they give off a bit of uv-b as well. Got me thinking of trying the hempy in future....

Final weight for those three girls before they went into the jars was 68grams. Probably lose another couple grams as they dry up a bit more and continue curing in the jars, expecting to end up somewhere around 60-65gr. Thats about 20-22g per plant, much more than I was expecting out of that first trial run with just three plants and the new lights/medium/nutrients. Overall a decent success, planning on making some hash or BHO out of the trim and maybe an oz of the buds.

As far as the smoke goes, its very similar to the soil grown stuff that I was previously getting just...more of it. The smell and flavor are a bit lacking right now, I think thats due to it not being cured at all but the high is very good. I put some in the vaporizer and it filled up a couple bags, it was pretty fantastic that way.

Z

zen_trikester

Final weight for those three girls before they went into the jars was 68grams. Probably lose another couple grams as they dry up a bit more and continue curing in the jars, expecting to end up somewhere around 60-65gr. Thats about 20-22g per plant, much more than I was expecting out of that first trial run with just three plants and the new lights/medium/nutrients. Overall a decent success, planning on making some hash or BHO out of the trim and maybe an oz of the buds.

As far as the smoke goes, its very similar to the soil grown stuff that I was previously getting just...more of it. The smell and flavor are a bit lacking right now, I think thats due to it not being cured at all but the high is very good. I put some in the vaporizer and it filled up a couple bags, it was pretty fantastic that way.

Nice! Now get that cabinet filled up and were in business!!! I'm putting 3 hempy buckets into my perpetual to see how they go. I'd be tickled to get 10 grams per. I average in the 4-5 range in soil so that would be a huge jump for me. Of course, I also have 12-13 plants per square foot sucking up the light but I bet I get a bit more than I do in soil.

Resurrecting my thread back from the depths of the micro grow forum! Just about ready to get started on my next flowering cycle to sex out and find out what kind of phenos I have with my last 5 bogglegum seeds.

Im still doing hempy buckets(3:1 perlite/vermiculite) but I switched to using solo cups now for all stages of growth instead of my old containers. As far as nutrients, I am now using a modified version of the Lucas Formula that I ran for a while before. Its called Spurrs Formula and I found it on these forums, if anyone wants me to post up the spreadsheet of it I can. I have not used Spurrs to flower yet though so this run will be my first try with that, should be fun/interesting. So far I am really liking it for veg/seedling starting, works great.

Anyway, onto the pictures of whats going on currently!

First pic is all 5 of the new when they were mostly still babies, you can see one is much larger because I was originally planning on just trying out one seed at a time until I found a mother I liked. I figured that would take too long though so I decided to just do them all the next day :).

Next photo set is all of the plants a little over two weeks after that, they have all been topped in these photos. Plants A and D have both had clones taken from them which is why they might look a little bit butchered in the photos haha.

Plant A: Plant B: Plant C:

Plant D: Plant E:

Thats about where I am currently. All of them have been topped at least once, A and D again have both had sets of clones taken from them(6 from A and 4 from D). When those get rooted they will be the first ones to get put into flower, the other 3 will be cloned as soon as they can be/space allows.

Hopefully Ill be able to find a few females and maybe get one or two good mother worthy phenos out of these 5. Once I get them rocking I should be able to fit/flower out roughly 16 of the solo cups in my flower box under 252w of CFL/PLLs. If I get similar yields to my old mother/container/Lucas formula plants(15+gr per plant) and actually get my box filled up that would get me pretty close to the 1gr/watt benchmark. I plan on running it perpetually, probably harvest 4 and put 4 new clones into flower every two weeks.