What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
are you sure that was his finger? i know bobbles a bodybuilder so........... haha hopefully someone gets my joke, and no offense meant bobble. keep doing your thing homey, and trust me, your name is going to be up there with the rest of them. gotta go pick ma dukes up from the airport, then gonna run over to my spot and check on the ladies. gonna start a thread for this grow, and hopefully youll stop by and check it out. peace out dudey

aod

Nitelife

See ya still have things rollin right along bobble,lookin fine Man!
Went out about a month ago and picked up a multi-meter(temp,PH,ppm) for 199 buckaroo's,and now you say go with the strips..LOL OOPPS.
Oh well still getting my room togeather and still learnin from you pro's...
Been in the back round,thanks for all your well explained advice along your vert grow.I been picking up alot of great idea's and pre maintenance advice....
Thanks again man!
Peace Nitelife

L

laylow

i have accumulated a few ph and ec pens.. wands... ect... over the years i have 2 of each i now use... they are different makes when one reads a point out from the other i recollaborate the pair... this can be anything from every 2 weeks to 2 months takes 2 minutes while im cleaning up... :D

have been reading up on Smartpots and they are so good as the pot lets the root ball breath for maximum oxygen air pruning the roots ect... don't think you might be suffocating them a little in them plastic bags? i mean it wont kill them as we have grown in regular pots for years but the point of these was to get maximum air around the root mass and putting them in carrier bags may be counter productive....

the above came to me the other day when someone picked up a regular pot and said imagine the roots sweating in that all day for 3 months.... how can you compare it to a smart pot.... i instantly thought of your bags dude....

would be interesting to see a few plants grown out of the bags... not sure how you could do it maybe make a lil shelf to lay them on that catches the water at the bottom... could be you have to grow them upright and bend the plants out at the angel you want to grow them...

hope you dont mind the input dude you know im trying these smartys out and will be replicating the pods into rack in the fall ftw...

:tiphat:

bobblehead

Veteran
are you sure that was his finger? i know bobbles a bodybuilder so........... haha hopefully someone gets my joke, and no offense meant bobble. keep doing your thing homey, and trust me, your name is going to be up there with the rest of them. gotta go pick ma dukes up from the airport, then gonna run over to my spot and check on the ladies. gonna start a thread for this grow, and hopefully youll stop by and check it out. peace out dudey

aod

I'm not gonna do, what everyone thinks I'm gonna do, and break out in a roid-rage... ha ha ha...

See ya still have things rollin right along bobble,lookin fine Man!
Went out about a month ago and picked up a multi-meter(temp,PH,ppm) for 199 buckaroo's,and now you say go with the strips..LOL OOPPS.
Oh well still getting my room togeather and still learnin from you pro's...
Been in the back round,thanks for all your well explained advice along your vert grow.I been picking up alot of great idea's and pre maintenance advice....
Thanks again man!
Peace Nitelife

hey man use the meter, just be suspicious when you get a funny reading... cause something is probably off. I'm just not wasting more money on useless technology.. ha ha... I'm a bit sour about it...

i have accumulated a few ph and ec pens.. wands... ect... over the years i have 2 of each i now use... they are different makes when one reads a point out from the other i recollaborate the pair... this can be anything from every 2 weeks to 2 months takes 2 minutes while im cleaning up... :D

have been reading up on Smartpots and they are so good as the pot lets the root ball breath for maximum oxygen air pruning the roots ect... don't think you might be suffocating them a little in them plastic bags? i mean it wont kill them as we have grown in regular pots for years but the point of these was to get maximum air around the root mass and putting them in carrier bags may be counter productive....

the above came to me the other day when someone picked up a regular pot and said imagine the roots sweating in that all day for 3 months.... how can you compare it to a smart pot.... i instantly thought of your bags dude....

would be interesting to see a few plants grown out of the bags... not sure how you could do it maybe make a lil shelf to lay them on that catches the water at the bottom... could be you have to grow them upright and bend the plants out at the angel you want to grow them...

hope you dont mind the input dude you know im trying these smartys out and will be replicating the pods into rack in the fall ftw...

:tiphat:

The plastic bags are oversized, so there's lots of room around the pots for the roots to come out... The roots are exploding out of the pots all around it. I also cut some holes in the bottom for the water to come out. I just didn't want the water to fall out the bottoms before being absorbed.

I suppose I'll have to run a side by side to know for sure... but I'm pretty confident it's ok as long as the SP's are drying out, and the trash bags aren't wrapped tight around the pot. What do you think Freds? I know you're still around here...

How's your next run coming along LL?

L

laylow

ahh ok dude long as them girls can get some air roundem... you know im only thinking of your end result with your best interest at heart... :D

next run hmmmm lol im running behind got all the new equipment here just ante had the time been so busy so tomorrow im going to have an all dayer and try and get it ready for after the weekend as im away.... plants are ready to flower but ante in the smartpots yet Doh!!! :D running about a week behind... will update the Hori thread when i get some snaps :tiphat:

:ying:

bobblehead

Veteran
ahh ok dude long as them girls can get some air roundem... you know im only thinking of your end result with your best interest at heart... :D

next run hmmmm lol im running behind got all the new equipment here just ante had the time been so busy so tomorrow im going to have an all dayer and try and get it ready for after the weekend as im away.... plants are ready to flower but ante in the smartpots yet Doh!!! :D running about a week behind... will update the Hori thread when i get some snaps :tiphat:

:ying:

I'm just flattered you were thinking of me. :cathug: lol

redwood-roots

smiley-love019.gif

C

Chris1

Can yas explain the watering system a bit in detail for me?

Do you have 1 main line running along the top, with the same size line going down each pod with a smaller line hooked up to the inline valve?

bobblehead

Veteran
Can yas explain the watering system a bit in detail for me?

Do you have 1 main line running along the top, with the same size line going down each pod with a smaller line hooked up to the inline valve?

Well, if I didn't already have a bunch of elbows laying around, this is what I would have done...

I would have pumped all the water up to the top, into a main feed ring like suggested. I would have put plugs in the bottoms of the tubing attached to the racks, and connected them to the main feed ring with a T. Hell, I think I could have even just run 1/4" drip tubing down, and ran individual splits to each plant... Improvements to make in the future...

This is why I didn't rush into building the other pod... that and finances... ha ha...

Anyway, what I actually did, was to connect the tubing at the bottoms and tops with elbows. I only did this because I had lots of them already. So the water goes both up and down, in a S pattern.

I don't recommend doing it that way, but hey, it's all trial and error over here....

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Well, if I didn't already have a bunch of elbows laying around, this is what I would have done...

I would have pumped all the water up to the top, into a main feed ring like suggested. I would have put plugs in the bottoms of the tubing attached to the racks, and connected them to the main feed ring with a T. Hell, I think I could have even just run 1/4" drip tubing down, and ran individual splits to each plant... Improvements to make in the future...

This is why I didn't rush into building the other pod... that and finances... ha ha...

Anyway, what I actually did, was to connect the tubing at the bottoms and tops with elbows. I only did this because I had lots of them already. So the water goes both up and down, in a S pattern.

I don't recommend doing it that way, but hey, it's all trial and error over here....

Where is it not? :joint:

bobblehead

Veteran
Speaking of trial and error... my ppm test strips don't work? weird...

I had a nightmare last night... My plants were webbed with spider mites! I think the grow is getting to me...

ImaginaryFriend

Fuck Entropy.
Veteran
Or you've subconsciously noticed mites, and your dreams are telling you to look closely while you're awake...

Hope you're just cracking up, though.

ambertrich

Veteran
....I had a nightmare last night... My plants were webbed with spider mites! I think the grow is getting to me...

Its just the nightmare of the thrips coming back to ya in a different guise. :laughing:

If ya didn't care so much, you wouldn't have those dreams. So, in a round about way, its a good thing. :ying:

Your work in progress is progressing very nicely. :tiphat:

Have a good holiday weekend, Bobble. Catch ya on the flip. :biggrin:

bobblehead

Veteran
Or you've subconsciously noticed mites, and your dreams are telling you to look closely while you're awake...

Hope you're just cracking up, though.

So are you suggesting the a spider mite infestation might be worse than losing my mind?

If so, then I think we're on the same page... ha ha...

Its just the nightmare of the thrips coming back to ya in a different guise. :laughing:

If ya didn't care so much, you wouldn't have those dreams. So, in a round about way, its a good thing. :ying:

Your work in progress is progressing very nicely. :tiphat:

Have a good holiday weekend, Bobble. Catch ya on the flip. :biggrin:

Personally I think I care too much... but I need a new truck! My car is on it's last leg... It needs to be retired into a lake somewhere... ha ha.. Just kidding, I wouldn't pollute the lake with my POS car.

Have a good holiday buddy.

Speaking of trial and error... my ppm test strips don't work? weird...

I know you said you don't like meters and I don't know which you have tried but I LOVE my Hanna 3 way meter. Its the black pen. It stays calibrated forever and I have had it for years now without ever changing the probe. I keep storage solution in the cap and add new every week or so. Every time I dunk it in the 4.01 Calibration solution it reads 4.00-4.04 even after a month or two of use. It just plain rocks. :headbange

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been using Drip clean since Dhf recommended to someone on here and I will also say it kicks ass!! I will have to try the washer...Are you guys using any specific type of natural detergent when washing? I bet the drip clean will really help get all the salts out thanks for the tip. :wave:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been using Drip clean since Dhf recommended to someone on here and I will also say it kicks ass!! I will have to try the washer...Are you guys using any specific type of natural detergent when washing? I bet the drip clean will really help get all the salts out thanks for the tip. :wave:
I just soaked my SmartPots in the washer with Drip clean then used a VERY small amount of normal Tide detegent and ran them on gentle cycle...................BOOM............super clean Smartpots ready for another run!

:party:

ambertrich

Veteran
megayields, nice tip on the Drip Clean for washing the SP. :yes:

I use just a touch of detergent and a bit of bleach on the gentle/hand wash cycle and works a charm. But, the Drip Clean should make this even better. Will give it a try in a few days since I need to clean a bunch of pots from last grow.

CannabisFox

Get paper test strips. They tell the truth, every time. They're inexpensive. We don't need precise measurements.... These will suffice for our needs.
I'll remember your words!

that nightmare is (reasonable) cause of too much demand- too much expectation in one thing. spreading interests should help.... :ying:
money is a curse of us all

D

dramamine

Any salt buildup in the smart pots washes out fine with just water...drip clean seems like a very expensive way to go to dissolve salts, unless there's a plant in the pot, of course.

Latest posts

Latest posts