What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
sick grow Bobblehead, mad props to fixing your infestation.

i use smart pots exclusively, mostly the 3, 5 and 20 gallon for the 1.5+ pounders. i stopped using the plastic grow bags after i ran some different strains side by side.

4 Critical + and 4 Chemdog IBL side by side; in 3gal plastic bags vs. 2gal(really 1.5) Smarty Pots. i yielded about 8oz from the two chems in smarts, while the plastic bags only got me 4.5oz total. for the Critical+, the two Smart Pots yielded a little more than 9oz; the two in the 3gal plastic bags only got me about 5oz.

both plants were grown the same, under 600w hps, my Pro-mix/EWC/FF marine cuisine dry nutes. feed w/ straight RO water and some HygroZyme when i felt like it.

also, look at what our homey Self Hemployeed did in his stadium w just (16)5gal Smart Pots. 5.7 lbs is epic for a first try multi-strain vertical. imagine if he monocropped his heavy yielder? e might have hit 8lbs.

i love what you are doing bobble, yours is the latest vertical thread i am subscribed to and i must say all you guys (you, DHF, Red Sketti, Aerohead, etc, have convinced me to throw away my hoods and get some larger blowers(12 inch) to handle the heat.

just thought i would throw in my 2cents; i really think the 2 gallon Smart pots would be perfect for your setup. especially in coco, the roots really explode, and when those roots explode, the side branching really explodes in turn. that is why the smarties yield so much, when Scrogged out vertical or horizontal every side branch explodes into5-10 full size colas.

anyway, sorry for the ramble............. Sour Diesel has me trippin. lol

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
REdd;

Funny you should suggest the #2 SMartPots, my gro-bro and I just ordered all new #2's for our next grow so we can increase plant numbers and as DHF says; "It's all about plant numbers to = high yields"....great suggestion....now if only I could find a good Strawberry Diesel strain.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobble found a good cheap truck for you...in Ferndale?

Bobble found a good cheap truck for you...in Ferndale?

:laughing: It's on Detroit Craigslist now;

1996 Toyota Tacoma 2.7L 4cyl. 4x4 Xtra Cab (southern truck) - $4500 (Ferndale)

Date: 2011-05-29, 7:53AM EDT
Reply to: sale-tfccv-2408896155@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
1996 Toyota Tacoma DL
2.7L 4cyl
4x4
Xtra Cab
5 speed
cruise control
exterior black
interior gray
tool box
bed liner
kc daylighters w/ yellow covers
3" body lift
35" BFGoodrich
tinted windows
sub box
Pioneer head unit

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3n73p73lf5T15P15R5b5t5ad7b0e7bbc01e2e.jpg
3ka3oe3p25Y55V35T5b5t5736fb2b2a491a15.jpg
3n63kd3oa5Z65Q45U4b5t0067091cadbb1de9.jpg
3m53o53p65Y05O25W6b5te3db10c9353414f8.jpg

PostingID: 2408896155

• Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.

MIway

Veteran
No way... yellow range rover, spinners, hydraulics, tramps spillin outta the hot tub in the back... bumpin stereo package... pot decals on the side for the delivery service turned b&m dispensary... we know where he's really goin...! ;-)

bobblehead

Veteran
OMG, you guys are killing me... ha ha...

Red- I agree with you about the #2's... They'll dry out faster and I can water more often... But I like the safety margin I have with #5's. Once I get my game straight in the veg room, things will follow in the flower room... I put the plants in under-vegged, and the result is a bunch of dead space. I won't make the same mistake twice.

Mega- I need a little longer before I can afford the truck... ha ha.. but that's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for. I was actually thinking more like a Ford Ranger... Gotta rep the "Detroit Three". After all, my exploits in the cannabis industry are to help rehab my lagging local economy... lol... I'm hoping I do really well this run, so I can take somebody's truck off their hands...

MIway- you forgot about the disco ball... BLING BLING MOTHA FUCKAS.... ha ha... b&m's phone# in flashing neon lights...

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bobblehead;

Maybe you prefer something "furrier"?

picture.php

This is made by the Detroit 3 I think LMAO...:laughing:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
yo bobble!!!!! whats up homey, happy memorial day. anyways, do you think it is feasible to make the racks a little smaller? i only have about 6 1/2 of headroom in the basement im in. if not, do you think it would work to make pods with only 2x600s? thanks for any input brother.

aod

bobblehead

Veteran

I think of it more as cuddly... lol

Awesome! I was actually gonna go to the Twins Tigers game today at Comerica, do you think you could give me a ride? Haha. That car would be perfect to pull up to the game in!

Drop me a line and I'll be there to pick you up! I hope you're not camera shy, cause I'm gonna take lots of pics and put them up all over Facebook.

yo bobble!!!!! whats up homey, happy memorial day. anyways, do you think it is feasible to make the racks a little smaller? i only have about 6 1/2 of headroom in the basement im in. if not, do you think it would work to make pods with only 2x600s? thanks for any input brother.

aod

Yeah buddy! but I think you'd wanna use smaller pots. I have 1.5' between each level... I don't see why you couldn't use #2 or #3 SP's and have 1' between each level. Eventually I'm gonna have 3oz bushlets when I get my shit together, so I need the extra space.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
word thanks a lot homey!

edit*You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to bobblehead again.

bobblehead

Veteran
So I've been having trouble with my seedling and clones damping off... and before I waste anymore cuts or seeds, I figured I had better get this solved. The small cloning area I used to keep my 1 bedroom apartment bumping just wasn't cutting it for my basement grow... For those who don't know, damping off happens when your seedlings/clones get a thin point in the stem, and wilt... It's fungus. Why does fungus grow? Fungus grows when conditions are wet and there isn't enough airflow to keep the beneficial aerobic bacteria thriving... So, I present the newest addition to the flip-pod yield-machine:
picture.php

picture.php

Once I get my game straight in here, the rest will follow... I've been spending too much time focused on making the pod perfect, with little attention to my cloning, which is what's going to feed this monster.

L

LouDog420

Bobble, I've had great success cloning in coco with no domes. Throw some rooting hormone on your cutting, toss it in the coco, and keep it moist and I get near 100%. They always used to stall out when using rapid rooters or peat plugs in domes and moving them out for the first time... Although I see no domes in your shots, so hopefully you have it all figured out already!

Same for seedlings, just have to make sure the coco is well rinsed and they don't dry up from salts and tip over...

In the meantime, lets see that pod! :moon:

bobblehead

Veteran
yeah JB, I buy flats, and fill them with the same coco/perlite mix. No sort of plugs over here. No domes. The problem was that they weren't drying out fast enough. This larger area should provide more air circulation... New place, different environment to work with... And I haven't had to do any mass cloning in a long time. Game on now! :D

Pod update tonight. I got the girls naked yesterday. Major defoliation... It was tough keeping my hands to myself for a whole month... Being patient, letting the girls do their thing. I couldn't take it anymore! I got the scissors out and molested those girls... Anyway, lights on is like 3-4hs from now...

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
Loving the cloning area bobble, I wish I had more room for my clones, I've only got a 4x4 gent for clones and moms. I hope you get the fungus sorted out.

bobblehead

Veteran
Do you use any fungicide? I am so pairinoid after getting hit with damping off on the last run that I have been thinking about using the fungicide as a preventive.

Well I sprayed and watered everything with Eagle20. :) So yes. I think I'll be doing it from now on. I lost a lot of nice genetics b/c of this stupid problem...

bobblehead

Veteran
Loving the cloning area bobble, I wish I had more room for my clones, I've only got a 4x4 gent for clones and moms. I hope you get the fungus sorted out.

thanks HGO. Back in the day, I had a partner... And we filled up and entire bedroom with clones. I don't even have a clue how many there were. I went from that, to a 1 bedroom apt and cloning in a rubbermaid tub and a 2 tier shelf. For some dumb reason I thought I was going to be fine doing things the same way I had been doing them at the apt. I have the space now, I might as well use it...