What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

ambertrich

Veteran
Nice looking starter space for your babies, Bobble. You said the magic words with regard to damping off. Gotta keep a good airflow and not let the media stay to damp.

Do you have a small fan somewhere in there? Just a little one to keep air moving, not necessarily to blow on the plants themselves.

I have no doubt you'll have it all sorted soon.

How's the Grape Diesel doing? Used a bit of SCK, GS and Grandoggy Purp pollen to hit a couple branches on a SD and ChemDxSD. Will be interesting to see what comes out of this.

bobblehead

Veteran
SCK x Chemdog/SD sounds like fire! :) Send me some of those beans! I just made some Chemdog x Grape Skunk, and Hindu Kush x Grape Skunk.

I have 2 PC fans moving air around in there. Before the air was dead... So yeah, hopefully I've got this fixed now.

I'm going to try and get a pic of the Grape Diesels up tonight. I'm really liking one of them. The buds looks like SD, but smells like SCK.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We like pictures...............:kewlpics:

Bobblehead - that Chemdog x Grape Skunk sounds like some FIRE, I wish I could put up my old 3x3 tent so I could play around with some strain development. I'd love to cross this Tangerine Haze with some kind of Diesel just to see what would happen.

bobblehead

Veteran
This looks better...
picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
The rest of the room... I'm at 4 weeks now, so I defoliated everything. I noticed that the SD S1's and the Grape Kush are scattered throughout the other half of the room... So at some point they got mixed up. Oh well... They smell distinctly different... :)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

bobblehead

Veteran
That looks superb!! defoliating huh?? I need to pick your brain bobble. and what is monocropping?

I can't tell you a thing about aeroponics... but I sure can help you with any environmental issues. :) Ask away...

Monocropping is growing 1 strain per a room, so that all the plants grow the same.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
That looks superb!! defoliating huh?? I need to pick your brain bobble. and what is monocropping?

I'm no Bobble, but to answer your question, (quicklyish), .. Monocropping is the idea of growing one strain, very dialed in, in terms of environment, nutes, etc.. That is, it's more "efficient" to grow one variety only, as you can focus the plant's needs & your efforts on one, well.. Need. Dial it in and crank it.

Bobble can probably make it make more sense than I. :)

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
so bobble, do you always defoliate halfway through flower?

aod

bobblehead

Veteran
so bobble, do you always defoliate halfway through flower?

aod

per DHF's advice, yes... Plants store nutrients in their roots, and the leaves are the energy conversion factories... So once the roots are full of starch, and the buds are developing their own leaves, the fans aren't needed.

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
ok ok.... word that makes sense to me. so basically just try and keep track of once the nugs start producing leaves, i can take all those bigass pans outta the way? word, gonna do that this time around.

aod

Lookin' great Bobble! I absolutely love your grow room. I want it, and some day I might actually have a replica :) I am a little farther ahead of you in flowering right now. Eh, what the heck, I'll post some pictures of my grow since I finally got my hands on a good camera (Cannon PowerShot S95).

My grow is not Colosseum style, just plain old boring horizontal (boo), I will still post some pics because I have been following your grow closely...or at least closer than any other thread. Sorry to litter on your thread with my garbage, but I have had no time to start my own thread/grow log.

I'm growing Trainwreck and Great White Shark, both Greenhouse Seeds. My gals are under 1000w of HPS and supplemental 400w of MH. I was on a budget this year but maybe I will get the beautiful Jack Herer next year (My dream strain).

Anyway, on with the pictures.

Let me know what you think!

Peace

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I'm badly in need of more space right now, but I should have all I need in 3-4 weeks when I get my new grow rooms sorted, I cannot wait for all the extra room, larger grow room, large veg and clone room. Just what the doctor ordered :) Oh and (fingers crossed) larger buds. :D:D

thanks HGO. Back in the day, I had a partner... And we filled up and entire bedroom with clones. I don't even have a clue how many there were. I went from that, to a 1 bedroom apt and cloning in a rubbermaid tub and a 2 tier shelf. For some dumb reason I thought I was going to be fine doing things the same way I had been doing them at the apt. I have the space now, I might as well use it...

bobblehead

Veteran
damn bobs that a lot of cuts! balls to the wall huh? ;)

they are filling in nicely, very frosty for so early on.

100-999 or something like that is the same legal penalty... So better to have too many and put some outside than to keep coming up short. ;) I'm having cloning parties on a weekly basis now, so bring your fiskers and I'll roll a doob...

Lookin' great Bobble! I absolutely love your grow room. I want it, and some day I might actually have a replica :) I am a little farther ahead of you in flowering right now. Eh, what the heck, I'll post some pictures of my grow since I finally got my hands on a good camera (Cannon PowerShot S95).

My grow is not Colosseum style, just plain old boring horizontal (boo), I will still post some pics because I have been following your grow closely...or at least closer than any other thread. Sorry to litter on your thread with my garbage, but I have had no time to start my own thread/grow log.

I'm growing Trainwreck and Great White Shark, both Greenhouse Seeds. My gals are under 1000w of HPS and supplemental 400w of MH. I was on a budget this year but maybe I will get the beautiful Jack Herer next year (My dream strain).

Anyway, on with the pictures.

picture.php

Let me know what you think!

Peace

You're plants look good, except I'm seeing a LOT of burnt tips. You juiced those girls pretty heavy, but the fans are yellowing so they're flushing... When the plant gets juiced like that, it stops feeding because of w/e lockout from nutrients being in excess... So then you have to wait for the plant to start feeding again for it to continue growing. Better to keep the plant hungry so it keeps eating and growing. Lots of small meals, just like a bodybuilder... :) Great job otherwise. Looks dank.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm badly in need of more space right now, but I should have all I need in 3-4 weeks when I get my new grow rooms sorted, I cannot wait for all the extra room, larger grow room, large veg and clone room. Just what the doctor ordered :) Oh and (fingers crossed) larger buds. :D:D

Good luck HGO, make sure you update us on your progress! :tiphat:

D

DHF

Hey Bro.....Likin the direction all this is headed.......nuthin I`ve read fer a minute needs repeated by me.......just checkin in...

Peace....Freds....:ying:....

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Bobble

I'm intrigued by the defoliation concept. What's the real idea there? Just to divert the energy to the flowers?

And if I understand correctly, the deal is to just take off all major fan leaves?

Significant yield-increase? More of a good-housekeeping task? Halp!

Wondering if I oughtta just do an Agent Orange number on what I've got.. A mystery gal (Blue Dragon or Blue Dream) at 5.5 weeks, and a Purple Diesel & Green Candy at about 3.5 weeks..