What's new

bobblehead v5.0 1800w flip pods. Time to get serious.

bobblehead

Veteran
I know most of you have been following me in the 1800w coliseum, as I've been dropping teasers about the new setup... Well, I'm finally building things, so here's a peak... :)

First order of business was to cover up those windows! Who puts so many windows in a basement! I have 4.
picture.php

Lumber... I have to take 1' of each of those 64 2x4's... Guess I'll be doing some cutting.
picture.php

here's the shelving, based on Heath's vertical racks. They're free standing shelves that hold 4 #5 gro pots. My drill lost it's charge, so the shelf isn't 100% complete... going back tomorrow with a better saw and an electric drill to get the job done.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

D

DHF

I covered all my racks in front and underneath with plywood/osb , the inside`s with pondliner , and everything else that wasn`t green with .....well....you know......

Proudta see that happy attitude again Bro.....Holler if I can help....

Peace.....DHF......:ying:.....

labtec

DAMN bobblehead, moving on up. Looking forward to this one. are those air-pots? I wonder if they'll be fragile once you get dirt in there. I'm sure you got it figured out.

bobblehead

Veteran
HELL YEAH..."gettin serious" very nice Bobble.

I sense some Heath Robinson here lol.

Thanks mrktwiz... Stay tuned... :)

I covered all my racks in front and underneath with plywood/osb , the inside`s with pondliner , and everything else that wasn`t green with .....well....you know......

Proudta see that happy attitude again Bro.....Holler if I can help....

Peace.....DHF......:ying:.....

Why the plywood on the front? Heat shield? I was thinking about painting the racks with mildew resistant paint... I have my ideas for these racks... They'll look real clean when I'm done.

:gday:

DAMN bobblehead, moving on up. Looking forward to this one. are those air-pots? I wonder if they'll be fragile once you get dirt in there. I'm sure you got it figured out.

labman... They're similar to air-pots, just off-brand (cheaper). Once they're full of coco, they hold their shape pretty well. It's a tight fit in those racks. I have some additional plans though to make sure there isn't coco spilling everywhere.... Stay tuned.

Tagged. I'll be watching.
welcome aboard! :tiphat:

ambertrich

Veteran
Damn, Bobble. You are doing this thing up right, bro! :good:

I am so happy for you, man. I know how hard you've been working to get to this place.

Are those Earth Juice Aerobags you're using? They're a lot less expensive than Smart Pots, but plenty sturdy. I like em.

You know I'm subbed to this one, I know I'm going to learn a lot along the way.

Got a nice little lineup of your stuff going in veg now, Grape Skunk f3, Sugar Cane KushxGS, and Sour BubblexGS. Bobblebean Productions in da house!!

Just so excited for you, man.

Good Growing!!! :ying:

nice and accessable for sure.. personnally i would went with angle iron with all the holes in it.. maybe i dont understand ur waterproofing the wood plan but wouldnt that mould or rot after a while??

they sell adjustable stainless steel bathroom style shelfs that look like urs, they are expensive but after the inital investment you never have to replace anything, and it never rusts..

i like the design alot good luck on the rest of ur build.. im anxous for more pics..
happy construction

mrktwiz

YEAH...more construction pics..I need badly cuz I'm no great builder and you know I want to get my own HR type octogon/square up an running also....

Also Bobble how are you handling watering? Hand Water, drip irrigation? Just wondering....

boodha

This should be interesting. Hey bobble, do you think your shelves would work if they were flat one right on top of another?

bobblehead

Veteran
v5.0

Like it already.

Thanks. When I started with my stadiums, I had v1.0, 2.0, etc... Anyway, apparently DHF took notice, and came up with the new title. Everyone loved it including myself, so here we are. :artist:

Wow, you can rearrange those units any way you want. Brilliant.

BINGO! :D To start I might have them all in one pod, but after the first 4 weeks there will be 8 racks in each pod. You can walk all around them too.

Damn, Bobble. You are doing this thing up right, bro! :good:

I am so happy for you, man. I know how hard you've been working to get to this place.

Are those Earth Juice Aerobags you're using? They're a lot less expensive than Smart Pots, but plenty sturdy. I like em.

You know I'm subbed to this one, I know I'm going to learn a lot along the way.

Got a nice little lineup of your stuff going in veg now, Grape Skunk f3, Sugar Cane KushxGS, and Sour BubblexGS. Bobblebean Productions in da house!!

Just so excited for you, man.

Good Growing!!! :ying:

Thanks man. I like to make things happen. Can't wait to see what you get out of those beans. Grape Skunk isn't quite as dominant as I had originally thought, but it still comes through plenty strong in the crosses. I'll have some sour bubble x grape skunk in flower real soon, followed by purp x grape skunk in my flip pods.

Tagging this, bobble. Good luck w/the new set-up man.

:thank you:

Yeah bro!!!
TAGGED! :)

I'm thinking same kind of racks!! :D SEXO BRO!! :D

Hey Nukku! are you here to stay brother? Happy to have you around again. Rollin up a fatty to blaze with ya, so stick around...

nice and accessable for sure.. personnally i would went with angle iron with all the holes in it.. maybe i dont understand ur waterproofing the wood plan but wouldnt that mould or rot after a while??

they sell adjustable stainless steel bathroom style shelfs that look like urs, they are expensive but after the inital investment you never have to replace anything, and it never rusts..

i like the design alot good luck on the rest of ur build.. im anxous for more pics..
happy construction

I don't know much about construction materials, so bear with me here... but as the iron oxidizes couldn't that lead to problems with rusting and if in contact with the plants, iron toxicity? Personally I would go with stainless steel. Painted wire shelves could work, but again, they're painted, and more expensive... I've spent quite a bit on equipment already, and wood was good enough for DHF and Heath.

The other thing is that there is going to be minimal runoff. So ideally there will be nothing to get the shelves wet in the first place... but I'm considering painting them to be safe... I'm gonna wait to hear what DHF has to say about that. I have an idea to run by him...

YEAH...more construction pics..I need badly cuz I'm no great builder and you know I want to get my own HR type octogon/square up an running also....

Also Bobble how are you handling watering? Hand Water, drip irrigation? Just wondering....

I'll do a detailed journal of the build. I'm a college boy, not a construction worker... If I can do it, I'm sure you'll be able to handle it.

Watering will be by drip line w/ shut-off valves...

Woohooo! Go Bobble Go!

Thanks Marlo. Stick around, cause it's about to get live in here...

bobblehead

Veteran
I'm taking notes.

:tiphat: at least somebody is... lol I hope to impress.

This should be interesting. Hey bobble, do you think your shelves would work if they were flat one right on top of another?
yes and no.

I'm doing this with flat shelves right now in my current garden. I had to literally bend the plants over and direct them out and away from the bin above it. It works, but the growth is straight up, and it takes away a lot of the plant's height.

With the angled racks, the plants will grow out and up toward the light, and it can provide tighter spacing between plants. What DHF described to me was the plants finishing sideways growing toward the lights. This made me think of the OMEGA garden on it's side, and that's what I'm aiming to create, but with bigger plants.

bobblehead

Veteran
First I just want to say RedSpaghetti needs to get back to us ASAP.

Next, is TIP #1 WHEN BUILDING VERTICAL RACKS- Use a nail gun. I've been using a cordless drill... Each rack gets 40 screws. That gets old real fast. Like I said, I'm a college guy, not a construction worker... Where were you guys on that one? lol
I didn't have time to finish the racks today, but I did get all of my cutting done and the faces of the racks built. I bought my first circular saw, and learned how to put the blade on right... I probably can't get back there till Monday to finish them. This is the most labor intensive build I've ever done...

Latest posts

Latest posts