(((Blue 😴 Dream)))

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
0A0283FD-D1EB-40DD-95F8-8455E004B597.jpeg
8BA10BD8-6EAB-487F-9D92-43E0B7584821.jpeg

Mimpi Manis

I just planted a Blue Dream Fem seedling this morning.

Hope she survives seedling hood and the Damp Off obstacle course !

Seems like I lose 1 out of every 4 seedlings to Damp Off.
I pour boiling water over jiffy pots to sterilize them. Then add a little mycorrhizae while planting the seed when they cool down. Haven't had any issues for years with damping off as consequence. Once they get up and running in a week or two you can usually transplant into chosen pots/media. Susceptibility drops away once they get going. I found coir the worst for DO when starting seeds. Some of the best freebie seeds I got hold of were usually just one seed of a strain I was very interested in running... and further my education. Couldn't afford to lose them where I live. Never mind losing any of the three pack strains I bought. Getting decent genetics thru can be pretty hit and miss. Wet and cold (timing?) doesnt help either. I have a decent enough HSO version cross using that one seed of Blue Dream. Couldn't afford to lose it right at the get go. Cant afford to screw up with only one rare opportunity, especially where I live in Oz.

Got some nice results from an HSO BDxKA5/40yr IBL sativa I've kept going all these years. (The BD was Nat Pennington's work out of Spain I believe)? Had to assume he had the original goods? Good luck. Damping off is a bastard.

St. Phatty

I pour boiling water over jiffy pots to sterilize them. Then add a little mycorrhizae while planting the seed when they cool down. Haven't had any issues for years with damping off as consequence. Once they get up and running in a week or two you can usually transplant into chosen pots/media. Susceptibility drops away once they get going. I found coir the worst for DO when starting seeds. Some of the best freebie seeds I got hold of were usually just one seed of a strain I was very interested in running... and further my education. Couldn't afford to lose them where I live. Never mind losing any of the three pack strains I bought. Getting decent genetics thru can be pretty hit and miss. Wet and cold (timing?) doesnt help either. I have a decent enough HSO version cross using that one seed of Blue Dream. Couldn't afford to lose it right at the get go. Cant afford to screw up with only one rare opportunity, especially where I live in Oz.

Got some nice results from an HSO BDxKA5/40yr IBL sativa I've kept going all these years. (The BD was Nat Pennington's work out of Spain I believe)? Had to assume he had the original goods? Good luck. Damping off is a bastard.

Most recently I lost a Sweet Tooth x Blue Headband cross.

I had maxed out my veg. room so put that seedling in a pot - in a 2 gallon baggie to protect it from the cat - and made the mistake of not looking at it for 2 days.

It seems like, it's better to err on the side of not enough moisture, than too much.

I have a feeling I'd need to remove everything from the veg. room to get to "sterile".

I do wash pots before putting dirt in them, but that's mostly to wash away any small bugs.

I cut pieces of thin white plastic and put that on top of the soil in the pot, to retain moisture.

Then lift up the plastic every day to look for a seed head rising above the surface of the soil