What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vaporizers on the market today?

sdd420

Veteran
having a look there as i write... unbelievable prices! how can products sold here be legit? a solo from 38 to 44 $!

The products there are made in China. It is wholesale prices and anyone can buy there. They don't release the money or charge your card until order arrives and you are happy with it. I've used them for three bong/pipe orders and was happy every time so far. Peace

well it could be the most similar thing to a bong in a vaporizer fashion :)
but to me the plenty is stronger than a bong as well! :D

cograts with the crafty! why not a mighty with more battery? have you already tried it?

Thanks alot :) I got it several months ago and would get it again immediately. It is like the volcano in the regard that it just exactly does what it is supposed to.

As i am useing it at two distant places, the possibility to charge it with almost any usb charger (less chargers to carry around) was the deciding factor.
But you are absolutely right! If i could charge the mighty via usb i would have got it instead.
Or to have a possibility to let the crafty (or mighty too, for that matter) run directly off an external current source instead of having to charge partially first would be perfect.
I have not tried the mighty, but beside the fact that it heats a little bit faster and maybe can maintain the heat even a bit more stable I do not expect any difference between the crafty and mighty function wise. Beside the more batteries of course.:)

I know exactly what you mean by "..plenty is stronger than a bong..". :dance013:

Last edited:
The products there are made in China. It is wholesale prices and anyone can buy there. They don't release the money or charge your card until order arrives and you are happy with it. I've used them for three bong/pipe orders and was happy every time so far. Peace
I have not ordered there. I maybe might for glassware.
Depending on the product you even might get the original. Just directly from the factory. But there seem to counterfeit products sold there too! Just keep your eyes open!

On the other hand it seems they do good business relationships and are safe to order.
It also seems it would be possible to send the product back if there is a problem...
So at least a safe place to buy copies.

Then they sell no crafty's. One point more for that the mighty is counterfeit...

sdd420

Veteran
Depending on the product you even might get the original. Just directly from the factory. But there seem to counterfeit products sold there too! Just keep your eyes open!

On the other hand it seems they do good business relationships and are safe to order.
It also seems it would be possible to send the product back if there is a problem...

Then they sell no crafty's. One point more for that the mighty is counterfeit...
You are right I am hesitating as well but the glass and etc is safe

Trich_Tyson

Those Chinese wholesalers sell clones. Sometimes they work. The technology is pretty simple. They were and are big in the vape game. A lot of the Chinese knockoff companies that started with clones make their own gear now a days. I would only order shit that is meant to be cheap. Or can suffice as a cheapo/knockoff. Which is a lot of stuff but not vaporizers

I got a Crafty recently. Pretty happy with it, although does take a while to get used to the vaping high. Not the same as a joint high at all for example. More subtle, but once you focus on it, its good. Good vapour too.

Those Chinese wholesalers sell clones. Sometimes they work. The technology is pretty simple. They were and are big in the vape game. A lot of the Chinese knockoff companies that started with clones make their own gear now a days. I would only order shit that is meant to be cheap. Or can suffice as a cheapo/knockoff. Which is a lot of stuff but not vaporizers
thanks trich tyson! that's the exact same thing i was thinking... :) Air from 30 to 50 bucks that can't be legit!
i have nothing against chinese stuff, but they have less quality control than we do here in europe, that's a fact. that's why i got a plenty and an alfa, both made in the eu. we're inhaling from these things :)
I got a Crafty recently. Pretty happy with it, although does take a while to get used to the vaping high. Not the same as a joint high at all for example. More subtle, but once you focus on it, its good. Good vapour too.
good for you! i think it's kinda the same thing as it was to joints when i was a teen. it took a while to get used and understand it... you have to learn something new! :)

You are right I am hesitating as well but the glass and etc is safe

i missed your replies :)
yeah most of them seem counterfeit... i looked up arizer air... you see the image is very smilar but just doesn't feel right, and there's no "Arizer" printed anywhere.
maybe i am buying as well some glass... should be safe no? can bad glass be bad for you? i know bad plastic's really bad...

Thanks alot :) I got it several months ago and would get it again immediately. It is like the volcano in the regard that it just exactly does what it is supposed to.

As i am useing it at two distant places, the possibility to charge it with almost any usb charger (less chargers to carry around) was the deciding factor.
But you are absolutely right! If i could charge the mighty via usb i would have got it instead.
Or to have a possibility to let the crafty (or mighty too, for that matter) run directly off an external current source instead of having to charge partially first would be perfect.
I have not tried the mighty, but beside the fact that it heats a little bit faster and maybe can maintain the heat even a bit more stable I do not expect any difference between the crafty and mighty function wise. Beside the more batteries of course.:)

I know exactly what you mean by "..plenty is stronger than a bong..". :dance013:
some Qs: how long does a full charge last with the crafty? can you replace batteries or you gotta send it to S&B? the loading tool looks great, it works well? :tiphat:

yeah i never get out after a good plenty session... so redeyed! i must scare kids away... :D

Trich_Tyson

The loading tools are great. slightly awkward/unwieldy.. but still a great innovation..
awesomeness just outweighs awkwardness on the tool front.

battery is good for three sessions for me.. maybe.. and toward the end it gets kinda weak..

I will grab one of those mobile charging packs for the go this summer.

The batteries are on board.. I'm sure you gotta send the unit in.

Same for me.

3 if I am lucky 4 sessions (Outdoors in the cold winter it might be just 2). the heatup takes longer when the batteries are low.

You have to send it to S&B for replacement. If you get a crafty, get it at a good, reputable, possibly nearby dealer or directly from S&B! Battery exchanges will have to be done, earlier or later...Also some models seem to die pretty fast. It is not really a problem because S&B has a great customer service and offers replacement. And i am sure they are working on it. Just be prepared. It is just not (yet) like the volcano that you can buy and take on an island for 10 years and you never have to do anything other to it than replace the bags and maybe an o-ring.

I have a spoon that fits the bowl perfectly. So when i am around that spoon i use it to load.
Otherwise i love to use the loading tool. It really helps loading.

yeah i never get out after a good plenty session... so redeyed! i must scare kids away... :D

:laughing:

Maybe put sunglasses.:D Kids love me when I am high.:dance013:

Edit:
i missed your replies :)
yeah most of them seem counterfeit... i looked up arizer air... you see the image is very smilar but just doesn't feel right, and there's no "Arizer" printed anywhere.
maybe i am buying as well some glass... should be safe no? can bad glass be bad for you? i know bad plastic's really bad...

or gougel for counterfeit arizer air and discussions about it pop up.

not sure. I know glass can be contaminated with heavy metals and such, but I have no idea if they can get out. A glassblower maybe knows.
But even if. As you are not drinking out of it i guess its pretty safe. If part of the glass gets heated it might release more bad stuff.
If i bought a bong there and felt unsafe, I would probably buy a bowl for it from another company.

I think i would not buy there because i want to support the company that develops things and not the one that just copies it, for obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Max Headroom

Veteran
i have nothing against chinese stuff, but they have less quality control than we do here in europe, that's a fact. that's why i got a plenty and an alfa, both made in the eu. we're inhaling from these things :)

i agree, the knock-offs might contain unsafe materials. for something that should last you a long time and you're inhaling constantly from, i would go with proven original quality and shell out the extra dough.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
1.> There are no really good portables PERIOD. Some serve the purpose but for the same high as one gets from a Volcano or SSV, they do not fulfill to the desired end, the good buzz.

2.> SSV - USA, after many years of using one I've found the ground glass heater cover and wand. Wand to heater fit is much better with no air leaks, like the standard combo that make you feel like youre sukin wind.

3.> Sorry, but PAX SUX.

1.> There are no really good portables PERIOD. Some serve the purpose but for the same high as one gets from a Volcano or SSV, they do not fulfill to the desired end, the good buzz.

Is the buzz just not strong enough from portables? How much weed do you put in a Volcano per session? How much into the portables?
What portables did you try? Did you get to try the S&B ones?
Sorry, lot of questions...

From the portables i have tried the S&B's really stand out. The vapor is top, the leftovers are very, very even each time. But the herb chamber can 'only' hold maybe 200mg (i'll have to check).

The Volcano has a much bigger herb chamber than all the portables i know.
So if you are into very thick, strong vapor hits you cannot get close with the portables, I agree. The bigger and stronger the hits the higher you get.
But if you put exactly the same amount of herb in a Volcano as in a mighty or crafty and do draws like from the bag, I bet the effect is quite similar. Probably the Volcano squeezes out a little bit more.

I have a Volcano for more than a decade and I switched completely to use the crafty. Not because it is much better, I have other reasons, but for my use it is definitely not bader.
I did a tolerance break, I admit. :D Also because i still smoked quite often. Now, if I don't get enough high with the crafty it is just time for me to do a tolerance break again. This saves me weed.:tiphat:
Now if you smoke for medical reasons, tolerance breaks probably don't work...

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Is the buzz just not strong enough from portables? How much weed do you put in a Volcano per session? How much into the portables?

Not as strong, solid hits. Do not think the heating element can be big enough in the portables to maintain temps (390*F.ish) for initial and multiple hits and less vapor vapes.

What portables did you try? Did you get to try the S&B ones?
Sorry, lot of questions...

I've owned: vapolution, PAX, currently use a Vapair NO2, and owned shortly Vapair One, and another I cant remember and numerious vape pens.. even made my own concoction.

From the portables i have tried the S&B's really stand out. The vapor is top, the leftovers are very, very even each time. But the herb chamber can 'only' hold maybe 200mg (i'll have to check).

Sorry, don't know what S&B is but the NO2s' bowl is ??? maybe 1/4 gram. I only use it in the car occasionally. so, S&B??

The Volcano has a much bigger herb chamber than all the portables i know.
So if you are into very thick, strong vapor hits you cannot get close with the portables, I agree. The bigger and stronger the hits the higher you get. << There you go:biggrin:
But if you put exactly the same amount of herb in a Volcano as in a mighty or crafty and do draws like from the bag, I bet the effect is quite similar. Probably the Volcano squeezes out a little bit more.

I have a Volcano for more than a decade and I switched completely to use the crafty. That's twice you mention 'crafty' what that? Not because it is much better, I have other reasons, but for my use it is definitely not bader.
I did a tolerance break, I admit. :D Also because i still smoked quite often. Now, if I don't get enough high with the crafty it is just time for me to do a tolerance break again. This saves me weed.:tiphat:
Now if you smoke for medical reasons, tolerance breaks probably don't work...

I've found that smoking early in the morning (before dawn) at the computer leaves me not being able to recognize being high. My tolerance break is not vaping till after noon and then go outside multi cropping allows different strains day to day for a somewhat different buzz than yesterday...:tiphat:

iTsTimeNow

the best vaporizers on the market tomorrow will be the ones that readily accept raw bud. The concentrate market is about to take a huge hit,, sorry "manufacturers" tehee.

LostTribe

Premium user
the best vaporizers on the market tomorrow will be the ones that readily accept raw bud. The concentrate market is about to take a huge hit,, sorry "manufacturers" tehee.

Actually NO!

I'd rather vape more potent oil then vape flowers any day!

I have an evic vtc mini with a 510 thread dba that rocks your socks off with huge plumes of clouds all day and on concentrates too!

Latest posts

Latest posts