What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best vaporizers on the market today?

iTsTimeNow

I know what you'd rather do,, i also know what you were smoking to form that opinion. That was yesterday, stay tuned for tomorrow.

I've found that smoking early in the morning (before dawn) at the computer leaves me not being able to recognize being high. My tolerance break is not vaping till after noon and then go outside multi cropping allows different strains day to day for a somewhat different buzz than yesterday...:tiphat:
hey snook, i think you will make up your mind if you try a really good portable, such as Solo or Air, Alfa, Firefly, Ascent, Prima. :)
some of them are really powerful!
S&B is Storz & Bickel, the producers of the volcano... (Crafty and MIghty are the portables they make).
I agree with you that i will never get as high with a portable as i get with the plenty... also because of the amount of material you can load at once...
Also, i think most portables need a little more time to learn than a proper desktop unit...

Firefly released version 2 of their vape and it looks da bomb!
the critic rates it highest among portables...
unfortunately pricey, I think they will sell it in Europe at around 350/360 € I will have to save for some to get one! :)

Anyone tips for doin g oil in the crafty. Tried it in between some bud but didn't really get a decent hit on it.
do they include liquid pads with the crafty? they do with the plenty (actually i use it avery time), i would just put the pad in the chamber and place the oil on the pad. tried yeasterday with the plenty, it works (got me high :)) but you can't compare it with a good dabbing hit. :)

Lol, yeah there's a wire pad. Looked like it would get awfully messy.

Those loading tools....genius but a nightmare to get back together when canned!!!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
hey snook, i think you will make up your mind if you try a really good portable, such as Solo or Air, Alfa, Firefly, Ascent, Prima. :)
some of them are really powerful!
S&B is Storz & Bickel, the producers of the volcano... (Crafty and MIghty are the portables they make).
I agree with you that i will never get as high with a portable as i get with the plenty... also because of the amount of material you can load at once...
Also, i think most portables need a little more time to learn than a proper desktop unit...

Firefly released version 2 of their vape and it looks da bomb!
the critic rates it highest among portables...
unfortunately pricey, I think they will sell it in Europe at around 350/360 € I will have to save for some to get one! :)

Ziggy, I have made up my mind. All portables are lacking. you have your reasons for bailing on using a volcano for a portable. There are allot of people trolling for sales, I'm not one.:tiphat:

EDIT: I'll have nothing good to say so I will 'unsubscribe' now, before I piss someone off and get banned.
Sorry for the negativity but its what I think.

I've found that smoking early in the morning (before dawn) at the computer leaves me not being able to recognize being high. My tolerance break is not vaping till after noon and then go outside multi cropping allows different strains day to day for a somewhat different buzz than yesterday...:tiphat:

I think thats a good way to always get a good effect.
Thank you for all your answers! I now understand exactly what you mean. No intention to change your mind on my side. I even think we basically all agree, just have different needs. :)

Thanks for replying.:tiphat:

Last edited:
Ziggy, I have made up my mind. All portables are lacking. you have your reasons for bailing on using a volcano for a portable. There are allot of people trolling for sales, I'm not one.:tiphat:

EDIT: I'll have nothing good to say so I will 'unsubscribe' now, before I piss someone off and get banned.
Sorry for the negativity but its what I think.
of course man, you dig what you dig! cool! :D btw i never said i bailed on a volcano for a portable. i have a desktop and a portable to enjoy vapor anywhere. ;)

you have your reasons for bailing on using a volcano for a portable.
That was me :biggrin:
It is just that in my situation the noise of the volcano bothers me and i do not really like the bag that much.
So i really like the experience from the portable brother of the volcano, the Crafty, more.

The Volcano is more efficient, you can load more to get higher than the portables, and its almost indestructible and always ready.
I do not know all the new american vaporizers, there must me some gems too.

So its all good.:) We all like desktops and some like portables too.:dance013:

Koondense

Veteran
After buying and returning a fake arizer air, I'm back searching the market and users reviews.
The newest G pen Elite is getting some impressive reviews and seems to be a kind of best buy option.

What would be your pick, one portable to live with for a couple of years?
Air, pax, alfa or maybe g pen elite?

Looking for the best vapour production.

Anyone tips for doin g oil in the crafty. Tried it in between some bud but didn't really get a decent hit on it.

Can't help you more than what Ziggy said.

For clean concentrates i find vaporizers that operate at roughly 200 °C and are suited for herb vaporizing pointless (except maybe the sublimator, but haven't tried).
You basically can also vaporize clean concentrates in a pipe. Dabbing them must be good too and happens at hight temps too I think.
For pain nothing vaporized at 180-200°C came near a clean hash or bho in the pipe.:dunno:

Koondense

Veteran
Anyone here tried the Grasshopper vape?
Gotta make an order this week and it's gonna be one of the three, grasshopper, air or alfa.
At this point any comment can help deciding.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
bought a crafty from an auction $60 ,,didnt work ,,sent off to storz and bickle ,,sent me a new 1 within a week ..awesome customer service

dav0034

I Had used the Vapir Rise 2.0, work great, taste great, And can be used with 3 friend
May be not a volcano but for the price. I thinks a very good compromise

hazyfontazy

Veteran
wow. Great Deal.

I read this somewhere:

:D

i think the early ones had a bit of teething problems ,,my new 1 is slighlty different inside ...

quite impressed with it ,,very discreet compared to me minivap and hits well enough ,,piece of piss to charge it :biggrin:

LostTribe

Premium user
today best vaporizer is in pen form and normally a digital temp controlled box mod with either an atmos kiln or 510 threaded rda dripper with custom coils. I have both but since I got this Atmos Kiln its all thats been on my box mod! Tight Shit no need to reload every hit and it still blows clouds!

New setup is
e-vic mini
with atmos kiln and efest 3.7 volt 3000mh batteries

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds good.. But We can get a group high as fuck on 0.1 on a solo or air.. That's why it's the best..

I've seen grown men say they can smoke weed. One lil huff on a air tight Arizer and their face changes their eyes glaze, folks I been selling high grade meds too for years are broken on a arizer.. So much so that you can't really sell commercial weed here anymore.. If it's been manhandled they don't want it..

One lil gram of Amnesia or Silver haze will make folks who smoke fall asleep @ dinner, Vape is so strong compared to combustion..

I was only offered £140-50 on cheese today, as Quote 'it's been through a hedge backwards and been too close to an ozone generator.' Lost all it's monoterpenes and hence lost 1/3 of it's value.. Or all of it because it won't sell.

I can get 220's on my last one I did though.. So it's swings and roundabouts helping someone as indirectly helped me more ;)

I also noticed that the solo and air mouthpiece fit direct into a 14mm down pipe. This makes it somewhat cooler to toke and works a dream in a short Ehle pipe.. You get tremendous hits if you prime it properly... Much more then another method I have tried..

Ollie

Veteran
Wise words Mate,

The flavor, subtle nuances and the modulation comes through in a much more enjoyable way imvho. Vapes are also extremely effecient material wise.

But each to there own !