What's new

Best Brand Of Coco Coir Today

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
man i cant find b-cuz anywhere in the foothills. went to sac n couldnt find it there either! Finally found a spot who said they had it then when i went they didnt have any in stock.
Im running canna n gold label right now, both good quality, but if b-cuz is proven better than i would rather have the superior product.

blaze02

^^^nvm, saw ur post earlier about quality diff/

i think it could have to do with chloride levels in the coco. some plants are really really sensitive (i know tobbacco is) and maybe weed can be affected by it somehow, or maybe it just has less sodium overall who knows..i heard that B'cuzz harvests from coco trees at least 50 km from the coast line. Maybe canna has a great system for breaking it down and treating it, but if bcuzz does the same treatment as canna, and gets it from a better source...Damn now i need to track down some bcuzz coco.
always a new product to test..

Ericos

Just thought I give a chin. Been loving the botanicare slacker aeration mix. It does have a charge to it but drains well and I feed twice a day with it and never have had a burning issue with clones. Only thing I hate is the price tag but I work at a shop so I'm close to wholesale pricing anyway bit still hurts the wallet at msrp around 33$ 1.5 cf

I'm top dressing with organics and water/feed with sea blast

Thing I've notice is not to much user info out there on the web of this line up or info on many people using it but its doing the job.

CHEFfy

Bcuzz is back ordered most places because of the west coast shipping terminals slow downs. Should coming back online soon. I am trying Gold Label Tupur mix now, only transplanted a few lights worth a few days ago, but so far so good!

indalo

As long as I rinse the hell out of it , first with warm water to dilute the salts, then hammer it with tap water until the run off is as clear as your tap water . Then flush with ph water till run off is Ph 6 . This works for me , doesn't really matter what brand or make it is . I use 40 % Perlite in mine

DONAJTHEIII

CANNA is high quality
Sancutuary farms is west coast and very good too its local so its really high quality.

think bcuzz and canna are equal

AJAE

marrdogg

Veteran
B'Cuzz all the way! Don't have to rinse buffer or none of that tedious shit. Right out the bag it's nice. Was using Botanicare Aeration formula, complete trash compared to B'Cuzz.

DONAJTHEIII

Same as canna i just run 1.0 ec till runoff then plant my clone in it.

Like i said canna bcuzz and high quality brands are all very similar arent going to boost your yields through the roof.

AJAE

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
never rinsed my canna coco, n never had problems with it. Only time i had problems with coco is when i used off brands, or that bullshit coco-not (damn strait coco NOT, coco shouldnt be in the title, they should just call that shit NOT.)

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
think bcuzz and canna are equal

AJAE

they are in the same league. B'cuzz is just a consistently slightly better product than canna in my experience.

I imagine you have done a side by side with b'cuzz and canna? since you make the statement that they are equal? I have done a side by side. my results gave a clear advantage to bcuzz ...but I suppose others mileage may vary

Bcuzz FTW!

drive to so cal getmo- we have plenty of bcuzz down this way

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
I like my $10 Cocotek blocks just fine thank you.:tiphat: I'll never pay 3 times as much for the loose bagged coco. That said I do like reading about the various brands. Coco coir is coco coir so if you assume Canna and B'cuzz are the best then it has to be because they are good at selecting what they consider the top quality coir and maintaining very good quality control and consistency. The huge difference in how they process their coir between Canna and B'cuzz is that B'cuzz steam heats their coir to 900 degrees to kill everything and Canna does not. Canna says they don't steam it and don't believe in it on their website. Canna recently came out with their coco in compressed block form. Their big selling point for their blocks over everyone else's blocks is that they have drilled a hole in the middle of their blocks for faster hydration. Duh, anybody with half a brain takes a axe, hammer or big knife to blocks and breaks them apart for fast hydration. These methods will smoke only using a block with a hole in the middle and not breaking the block up. Anyhow goodluck with which ever coco you use. The shitz Magic!:tiphat:

RedBeardy5

I agree, I used them all and I actiually was not impressed with b-cuzz. They all gave me the same results, even the bricks that stoned40yrs is talking about. I'm running the botanicare aeration and notice no difference, it's all the same.

DONAJTHEIII

Yes and like stoned said above i was just above to say GH's cocotek and i just got some sample packs of GH's new coco lineup from my boys down at the shop. Idk though Im on this maxibloom right now and dont know if ill be switching anytime soon. Ill try and give it a go next round for the fellas here on themag whos interested.

Anyway yeah ive used canna bcuzz sanctuary royal gold gh cocotek you name it lol

all good imo just like cannas bricks so thats what I use easy to transport :D

AJAE

N

noyd666

used the nutrifield big block for years no problem, now using bag canna last three years for ease of use, no noticeable difference that I see in the two, used another brand [cheaper] no diff, canna has written on back that it is coco coir dust, that is what I no ticed that it was finer smaller particals, still putting dollars in my kick. big block was just hydrated and used no fuk'n about charging?? notice a new one out for awhile. chunky nutrifield

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Yes and like stoned said above i was just above to say GH's cocotek and i just got some sample packs of GH's new coco lineup from my boys down at the shop. Idk though Im on this maxibloom right now and dont know if ill be switching anytime soon. Ill try and give it a go next round for the fellas here on themag whos interested.

Anyway yeah ive used canna bcuzz sanctuary royal gold gh cocotek you name it lol

all good imo just like cannas bricks so thats what I use easy to transport :D

AJAE

So you have some Cocotek nutrients to try? I've been bugging all the hydro stores in my area to get some.:biggrin: They have every other GH product. Coco, the Perfect medium for growing Marijuana:dance013:

al70

Veteran
Canna coco professional + and gh trio using a feeding schedule that I got of GWE.com,,,perfect.

DONAJTHEIII

So you have some Cocotek nutrients to try? I've been bugging all the hydro stores in my area to get some.:biggrin: They have every other GH product. Coco, the Perfect medium for growing Marijuana:dance013:

yup 3 bottles of the grow A & B but dont really know too much about it or see too much info on it so I dont know when ill get around to trying it. Aint taking no crazy chances this round lol

I will give these a go for my outdoor coco grow is what I concluded this evening .

:tiphat:

AJAE

DONAJTHEIII

My biggest thing stoned is what are the pros of cocotek over the flora series/maxi.

Is salt build up going to be dramatically reduced since its coco specific now ?

Is cal mag not needed for even people with RO water because its coco specific ?

Diff ingredients ?

Not enough info

but my newest bottle of florabloom now has images on them that say SOIL COCO HYDRO

dont know the point of the cocotek line if your going to put that on the floraseries now lol

2 bottles vs 2 bottles

whos going to be the first to compare cocotek to the good ol 6/9

dont know if theres a huge price diff either

AJAE

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
My biggest thing stoned is what are the pros of cocotek over the flora series/maxi.

Is salt build up going to be dramatically reduced since its coco specific now ?

Is cal mag not needed for even people with RO water because its coco specific ?

Diff ingredients ?

Not enough info

but my newest bottle of florabloom now has images on them that say SOIL COCO HYDRO

dont know the point of the cocotek line if your going to put that on the floraseries now lol

2 bottles vs 2 bottles

whos going to be the first to compare cocotek to the good ol 6/9

dont know if theres a huge price diff either

AJAE

True, not enough info out there on it. Price point would be the biggest factor for me. 6/9 works so great I don't know why I even read about other stuff, the old hype machine trying to draw me in:biggrin: