What's new

Best Brand Of Coco Coir Today

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
have you tried b'cuzz? worth ever cent of the few bucks more per bag...don't look past a dollar while scrambling to save a penny. being penny wise and pound foolish can mess with the best of us.

CHEFfy

Always said that if the bag of bcuzz that costs $2 more than the canna yielded even a gram more because of difference in quality, it ends up costing more. Simple as that. Side by side, bcuzz always beats out canna etc... Tried all available locally.

Weeded1s

I have not tried it ..but my friend who owns the hydro store said im good to go with canna..so that was that.
So your saying the more refined, washed, coco is giving you a better yield? Bcuzz will yield more than canna coco?

CHEFfy

In my experience bcuzz has always given my better results than canna. Might have something to do with my methods, but consistently better results with bcuzz.

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to know CheFfy, I run heavy16 and havnt tried bcuzz. Gonna give her a whirl next coco reup...might even try their compressed as well.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I agree w/ cheefy- all around higher quality, same yields. finished product is always better from the b'cuzz.

Canna is more or less the market standard for high quality coco, and it's not bad at all. it's just that my personal experience with both has shown me many times that I can rely on b'cuzz to produce a higher quality finished product while maintaining the same yield that canna provides. it is a surprisingly noticeable difference in quality too, nug structure, calyx size, trich density etc. at the end of the day you'd be more than happy that you paid an extra $3 for a lights worth of herb that is of a noticeable higher quality.

Lifebreather

Veteran
I used to use Botanicare blocks, but I feel that the quality has gone downhill the past couple of years. I have to flush the shit out of it to get it where i like, and all the sand....jeez.

Using the same protocol I always have, I can't even keep a plant green in it.

It caused me to switch over to organic soil. A little slower to start vegging, but the quality and yield has been exactly the same as coco for me.

I might have to give b'cuzz a shot when I switch to tables.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I used to use Botanicare blocks, but I feel that the quality has gone downhill the past couple of years. I have to flush the shit out of it to get it where i like, and all the sand....jeez.

Using the same protocol I always have, I can't even keep a plant green in it.

It caused me to switch over to organic soil. A little slower to start vegging, but the quality and yield has been exactly the same as coco for me.

I might have to give b'cuzz a shot when I switch to tables.

Huh, weird. I have been running Botanicare Cocogro over the last 4 years. Currently running 4 plants in Cocogro using CNS17 and 4 plants in ReadyGro using Pure Blend. No flushing of anything, just following the directions on the bottles without any additives. I honestly cannot tell a difference between the plants in different systems.

I haven't had any issues with the Botanicare brand coco products. No sand, no burning from the charge... I used to flush it out pretty well but this time I was experimenting with a more simple approach. Are you using the bricks or the bale?

Attachments

• 1218141926a.jpg
    1218141926a.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 14

Rollout

B'cuzz is great stuff, but if a store doesn't have it I'll just get whatever. Canna is cool, Botanicare is good. Not a huge difference in most of them after you do the initial flushing/charging.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's the way Cheffy looks at it; if it costs a few bucks more to have an out of the bag product that is pre-buffered, and it yields just a slight amount more in the end...I have saved money and a pain in the ass. Difference in cost per kw planted between the best bagged and compressed coco is no more than $20. If it yields a zip more with the really good bagged, you have lost money buying the bricks.

Nice analysis.

I'm starting near the end of the thread so am wondering, because of the post quoted, what you recommend?
Maybe I'll see it here in the last 4 pages. :)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
B' Cuzz... it is...

I just grabbed a bail of the Botanicare COCOGRO.
Guess I better get to flushing n charging.

Next bag I'll source me some B cuzz...
I used B cuzz bottles on my first real grow & haven't had buds as tasty since. :D

jd4083

Veteran
All this talk of Bcuzz has me wanting to switch brands next time and give it a shot. Haven't had any trouble with the Canna I'm using this round (gray bag, I think?), have also used Sunshine Coir with great results in the past as well.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Always said that if the bag of bcuzz that costs $2 more than the canna yielded even a gram more because of difference in quality, it ends up costing more. Simple as that. Side by side, bcuzz always beats out canna etc... Tried all available locally.

That's cashcropper thinking:biggrin: I use $11 Cocotek bales and grow more Dank than I can eat and smoke every week from my perpetual.:tiphat:

bastar

hello all !

in france many friend use u-gro and i have used long time ago , i can do 5 run on same pot :) , there is trichoderma inside and is true flushed not like other brand ... i use Cogr nutriment and drain to wast system , don't need cogr buffering just buffer with A+B is ok .

you can find more infos : http://ugrococo.com/

sorry for my bad english :)