What's new

Best Brand Of Coco Coir Today

Mr.Sparky

Botanicare vote

I have noticed that if the coco is old or dries out at the Hydro store before I purchase it I have issues? It feels like the same thing with letting the plants dry out to much the ppm and pH soar and get wacky. Now I try to only buy what I need and buy from big grow store that cycles their coco weekly also I try to pick the heavier bag, since changing I have not had issues in about a year also I make sure to water heavy after transplant to give a mild wash.

I am no coco expert so I could totally be off with my theory but it works for me.

Also I would assume with blocks of coco when rehydration you are giving it a wash/rinse?

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Ive not been having any problems with my Botanicare cocogrow aeration mix. You can water the shit out of it...and it just comes back for more. I have used the atami Bcuzz as well...I see no difference. I am yet to experience any burn or deficiencies with the Botanicare. I do not flush or precharge...and I feed every watering up until flush.

If any of you run flood and drain coco like I do...this Botanicare aeration mix is not so terrible. Worth a run to try it.

TpM

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Another vote for Botanicare readygrow aeration mix. Right out of the bag.

Weeded1s

I roll canna i think..never had a prob. They all work pre charged or not..but shipping and location do play a major role as I believe the best is:
the cheapeast with the less amount of work involved that shows consistant resuluts.
maybe environments play a role in this as well?
just stirring shit it up oerrher. Lol

CHEFfy

It is all what works for you. That's all. Bcuzz works best for me, hands down... That's why I use it. And it's available locally.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
Bcuzz works best for me, hands down... That's why I use it. And it's available locally.

I would even drive up to a couple hours away for b'cuzz if it wasn't available locally. awesome stuff that's worth the added hypothetical inconvenience and price

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
anyone tried house and garden or gold label?
I got some gold label, seems real nice and soft, didn't need a flush neither. Will look for B-cuzz tho if thats what the experts are running. Back in the day it was strait canna...

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Is the b-cuzz coco pre charged?

B'cuzz buys the blocks from Sri Lanka. They hydrate the blocks in Cal-Mag water, drain and then they steam the coco to 900 degrees. Then they bag and sell. So yes it's precharged and ready to go. The steaming is mostly what sets them apart from most other companies.

RedBeardy5

Interesting. My only concern with the precharged coco is burning seedlings and clones. I bought a bag a couple years ago and when I went to rinse it, it had 750ppm coming out. which is too high of an EC in my opinion. Never knew they did that on purpose. Canna all the way.

CHEFfy

imagejpg8_zpsc0d42cb2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Grape Stomper Og seeds directly into Bcuzz coco. I run .5 ec solution through the cups till runoff and then poke seeds right in. With bare rooted clones, same thing except feed til runoff after cuts are planted.

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
Interesting. My only concern with the precharged coco is burning seedlings and clones. I bought a bag a couple years ago and when I went to rinse it, it had 750ppm coming out. which is too high of an EC in my opinion. Never knew they did that on purpose. Canna all the way.

aaah your canna is precharged also. I like cocotek blocks that I precharge myself. There is no place in this state to buy B'cuss and I don't want to pay $30 a bag for canna. I track down these companies right to their source and see the methods the manufacturer uses then I follow the coco to the company and see what they do. Block coco sellers just repackage it their bags. Loose bag coco sellers hydrate and do their thing with additives/amendments etc. I believe what I can find out this way. No doubt in my mind if I could buy B'cuzz at a decent price I would chose it any day over Canna. That said whatever works for you is the bestest:biggrin:

StoneyK

Veteran
Gold label is super bomb I actually like it better than canna.
I do a heavy watering thats very lightly charged my runoff is perfect everytime.
With canna it was always pretty close but the gold label seems to be a lil more on point strait out of the bag.
I get it for 20 a bag so its a no brainer for me.

blaze02

I would even drive up to a couple hours away for b'cuzz if it wasn't available locally. awesome stuff that's worth the added hypothetical inconvenience and price

ive used canna coco for years. Its really that much better? what do you think is the main difference? if it is i goota try it out :tiphat: