What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Brand Of Coco Coir Today

stoned40yrs

Ripped since 1965
Veteran
House in garden is based in sd right? I believe house and garden is only made for sd hydroponics and not sold in any other stores except online. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats was up.
#POST 420!! yeyahhh

Hey homie where ya been:biggrin:

Snow Crash

Veteran
House in garden is based in sd right? I believe house and garden is only made for sd hydroponics and not sold in any other stores except online. Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure thats was up.
#POST 420!! yeyahhh

House and Garden is a Dutch Company. You can buy their products all over the place.

Ted Mosby

Been using botanicare for the last 3 years without problem. Recently switched to tupur to save me adding the crap I add and it's a bigger bag than cocogro for $3 more at my store. Can't say much about tupur as I'm still in veg with my first use.

CHEFfy

Halfway first round with tupur (bcuzz was out of stock for a few weeks and switched from necessity) run side by side with a run of straight bcuzz... Seems neck and neck for the time being... Will see who keeps it real down the swell. Looking great though!

master shake

Have been very suprised to not see house and garden on this list!

I've ran nothing but their coco with great results. No rinse needed.

View Image

Using this House and Garden brand right now with one seedling, and it's already yellowing and stunting growth at 3 days...

pH of runoff is around 4. I've been leaching 16 oz of it in a sock and 8.0 pH tap water. Gone through probably a gallon or 2 for 16 oz of coco, and pH is now a little over 5...

Going to see if I can return it. Glad I'm only trying with one plant.

Been using botanicare for the last 3 years without problem. Recently switched to tupur to save me adding the crap I add and it's a bigger bag than cocogro for $3 more at my store. Can't say much about tupur as I'm still in veg with my first use.

Have you notice botanicare cocogro smells like those urinal soaps in bathrooms? or maybe moth balls. I wonder if they are putting a pesticide into it.

Last edited:
I vote for B'Cuzz.

I don't have time for coco bricks; I want a product that is ready to use right out of the bag. IME B'Cuzz is the best, followed by Canna. Stay away from Coco palms from Roots Organics its garbage. I was forced to buy 2 bags when nothing else was available. Most of my 40 plants went into bcuzz and canna coco, but the last 8 were in coco palms and they look like shit compared to the others two weeks after transplant. Also, there were seeds in it that sprouted. Garbage. SMH.

I have never bought a bag of coco that had bugs in it and I have bought dozens. BCuzz is perfect right out of the bag without any rinsing or flushing or charging. Perlite is pointless in coco imo. I have also had good results with canna coco and gh cocotek but ime bcuzz is perfect every time.

GDSBurns

Canna makes coco bricks now that are great and cheap. Same quality of the bagged coco but compressed, one block is 70 liters if im not mistaken. All i did was sit the brick in warm water. No rinsing or anything put them into containers and loaded cuts into it.

Havent had any problems yet.

Asslover

Veteran
Have you notice botanicare cocogro smells like those urinal soaps in bathrooms? or maybe moth balls. I wonder if they are putting a pesticide into it.

Botanicare is absolutely NOT putting pesticides in there Coco. The mere question of that will set the boards on fire an next thing you know they'll be threads about it.
Been using Botanicare for 8 years now without issue EVER. Tried GH bloks, Roots, B'Cuzz, etc, always went back to Botanicare.
And for those that don't know, Botanicare Coco is buffered with Cal.Nitrate & Fulvic/Humic. That's why the addition of cal/mag is no longer needed...:tiphat:

Botanicare is absolutely NOT putting pesticides in there Coco. The mere question of that will set the boards on fire an next thing you know they'll be threads about it.
Been using Botanicare for 8 years now without issue EVER. Tried GH bloks, Roots, B'Cuzz, etc, always went back to Botanicare.
And for those that don't know, Botanicare Coco is buffered with Cal.Nitrate & Fulvic/Humic. That's why the addition of cal/mag is no longer needed...:tiphat:

Certainly has a wierd smell to it! Maybe thats what calicium nitrate smells like. Just fished out the bottom coco that was really wet in the bin. It smelled like a public washroom. That smell that the bars of soap give off in the urinals.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
This gold label stuff sure is soft and nice smellin like some canna. if i ever come across bcuzz i pic some up, but until then its canna n gold label for me.

jewcebox

Certainly has a wierd smell to it! Maybe thats what calicium nitrate smells like. Just fished out the bottom coco that was really wet in the bin. It smelled like a public washroom. That smell that the bars of soap give off in the urinals.

i would prefer a nice clean, saltless coco.

No matter the brand ive come to terms just flush them all before transplant.

none are completely "clean"

BubbaBear

I'm really digging California Substrates coco, its buffered with calmag and they screen out the tiny pieces making it quite a bit more aerated than other brands of coco.

marrdogg

Veteran
With so many coco choices out there I thought if I spent more money I would get better coco. BULLSHIT! I've had the same results using the cheapest bag of coco in the grow store which is nutrifield coco. I've used pretty much every brand of coco out and this $15 dollar bag gives me the same results as a $28 bag of b'cuzz. So in my opinion grow skills will give better results than more expensive coco. PEACE!

Gramse

With so many coco choices out there I thought if I spent more money I would get better coco. BULLSHIT! I've had the same results using the cheapest bag of coco in the grow store which is nutrifield coco. I've used pretty much every brand of coco out and this $15 dollar bag gives me the same results as a $28 bag of b'cuzz. So in my opinion grow skills will give better results than more expensive coco. PEACE!

Awesome! Where do I buy this grow skills? :D

Latest posts

Latest posts