What's new

Auto Zamaldelica feminized

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Really nice pheno Vitulla, very sativa, and extremely well developed and branchy for an auto :yes: Very curious to see how she finishes!

Day 39 defoliation today. I was hoping for some stretch before it started flowering but she is short but has budsites everywhere. Very excited for this one

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Looking great musigny23 :D Such a beautiful plant, not very tall but fully loaded with chunky resinous buds. I agree, looks like she will done in upcoming days!

In just 10 days since my last post this plant has advanced a lot. I'd say it has entered the maturity window but I prefer to take it a little further. Lots of red/brown pistils, about 50/50 with white ones. I'm guessing about 5-7 more days at the pace it's going.

Next time I'm going to be way more timely with transplanting early on. This plant did fine but is smaller than some other examples posted. It's about 81 cm (31 inches) and clearly these can and should attain 100+ cm, maybe even 1.5 m. Other than taking a few extra days to transplant to a larger container, I really don't know what it was that caused it to end up a bit shorter than it could have been. Overall health was good.

I'm estimating about 100 grams of dried trimmed flower. We'll see.

View Image]View Image[/URL]

View Image]View Image[/URL]

Vitulla

Really nice pheno Vitulla, very sativa, and extremely well developed and branchy for an auto :yes: Very curious to see how she finishes!

Thank you sir.
It’s my first time using this specific nutrient (5ml per liter throughout the entire grow, no flush) and using the OG spring, a training tool that seems to work very well

musigny23

Looks good. what's up for the yellow tree left behind?

That yellow plant is a male. It's a Thai landrace from the highland Mae Chaem district that is to the west of Chiang Mai. It was supposed to go to a friend who has space to keep males but he took other ones and forgot this one. I don't have anywhere to put where it could flower safely.

So unless he returns, gets it and nurses it back so it can flower it will probably be culled soon. I have more seeds of this. I have two females going that are doing well. My first time with this strain so I don't know what it's actually like. I'll be finding out in a few months. It's possible I'll regret not having it to make more seeds but as I said I still have some more seeds of it.

musigny23

Looking great musigny23 :D Such a beautiful plant, not very tall but fully loaded with chunky resinous buds. I agree, looks like she will done in upcoming days!

Thanks!

I'm not sure what pheno this is, with a poly hybrid it can be hard to determine. My guess would be Malawi. It's been fascinating to grow this. The auto factor and the speed of maturation is amazing. Wish these were around 25 years ago. :)

By the way, the plant directly behind is a Nepal Jam x Kali China that was started at the same time in late May. To the right is a Golden Tiger (regular).

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Please, keep us updated on the new Nepal Jam x Kali China version ;)

Deke

The Auto Zamal has become one of my favorites. Great head high, super euphoric. And 3oz out of an auto that I did my best to screw up with low temps the first 3 weeks of its life is great! I'm ordering some more seeds this weekend, only have 1 left. Highly recommended .

Attachments

• 20200326_023254.jpg
    20200326_023254.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200326_023500.jpg
    20200326_023500.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200326_034611.jpg
    20200326_034611.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 95

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Great results Deke :) Very nice big and chunky flowers. :yes:

Structurally, your plant is quite rudelaris/indica, but the effects you comment and the flower structure leans clearly to the Zamaldelica elite mother used to develop Auto Zamaldelica.

Glad you have had a pleasant experience and that you want to repeat ;) your feedback is much appreciated!

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Zamaldelica Auto, Zam leaning pheno

this girl is amongst my top 5 outdoor yielders including photoperiod plants... absolutely flabbergasted by this "auto".

picture.php

Top cola
picture.php

Buds
picture.php

100% crop
picture.php

Same fine cedar? aromatic resin, but more sweet/fruity/oily terpenes.

Giving her a couple of days, will take another shot of her main stem ...

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
I've learnt a lot about coco outdoors with these girls.

Both have a rather high metabolism and can take (and need at certain key moments) a good amount of nutrients, I've gone as high as EC=2 (100% RO, coco) a couple times with them, averaging 1.5-1.7 throughout their whole mature life.

In restrospect, I could have used a bigger pot, 35L would have been the sweet spot with the Zam leaning one, as had to fertigate her twice per day or she would run dry.

She would possible been bigger too, she's around 1.30cm tall (pot to top of canopy) would have easily reach 1.5meters or more.

In any case, super easy to control size for those with balconies.

Good resistance to white fly and fungus gnats.

Lotto

Repuk
It looks like neither plant was topped or pruned in any way, correct? Big yields on smaller sized plants that finish fast. I selfied Ace's other auto to obtain a few seeds and was not able to test the smoke. Would love to self this auto Zam. for a few more seeds.

Please post a smoke report if you get the chance.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
No, not topped, and sown directly in those pots: as clock is ticking, you don't want the plants to be slowed down at any stage.

will report back on smoke for sure! :tiphat:

musigny23

2020 grow

2020 grow

Well, the plant I posted last week burst out with reflowering a few days ago, which was going to add at least a week or two to my harvest date. BUT then, I also spotted botrytis mold in several spots, so I took it today. DAMN!

I'm in a coastal zone and botrytis is always lurking depending on the season conditions. Normally I don't see it till late September/early October but then I normally don't have fat dense buds in mid August. I've shifted away from many dense flowering types to reduce the threat but this got super chunky. Plus this summer has had a lot of cooler damp days.

I spray for mold but this plant already had big buds by the time I started a few weeks ago. A lesson for next year.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
musigny23: As I defoliated yesterday the NL one to hung, I also had to pluck some bud tips (a handful calyxes) due to rot or drying. Possibly due to the grasshopper infestation that I have going on. Definitely other parts were reflowering...

I realized then how chunky the colas were, impressive! made me hesitate if hanging the full plant or bare branches...

When brushed she released a loud and super pungent perfumey "wild herbs" scent I hadn't detected before.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Ole repuk! :dance013: What a nice harvest from your 2 Auto Zamaldelicas. Excellent results friend! Glad they yielded almost like a well developed photoperiod strain.

You are right, i also underestimated the hungry metabolism of our autoflowering strains when we started to breed and grow them .... they can accept huge levels of nutrients bordering the 2.0 EC from late growing stage until almost the very end of flowering. When the plant is bigger than the pot there's always potential to grow them bigger and reach even higher yields.

Thanks a lot for your final feedback, hope you and the family are having a great summer time :wave:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry to hear it musigny23, our 2 autoflowering strains will rarely suffer from any botrytis in a dry continental climate like for example in Emerald Triangle in Northern California, but they are more susceptible to botrytis in a coastal climate like yours or in our coastal mediterranean climate where we test all our strains due to the NL indica content. They can produce very big and dense flowers and therefore not so well aerated flower structures ... ime the botrytis start with worm buds more than anything lese as we hardly have any rain here from June until October when we flower the auto strains.

Latest posts

Latest posts