What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Auto Zamaldelica feminized

paisajedehierba

AutoZam_sativa dom pheno_S1?

AutoZam_sativa dom pheno_S1?

I was surprised finding a few individual male flowers on Auto Zam (only the first days of flowering ... now all flowers are female, no single male flower any more) on Dec-13-2020. I collected the pollen and have pollinated a single branch of Auto Zam 1. Now there are developing +/- 25 seeds. I hope this cross will deliver feminzed S1 seeds without intersexual tendencies. This would be a nice base for breeding with AutoZam.
I have also pollinated another branch of the same plant (AutoZam 1) and one of another plant (AutoZam 2) with GT 3 pollen.
AutoZam 1 has long and fat ("african") pistils, seems to get bulky flowers in second half of flowering and smells really good:yummy:.
My set up is micro ... not designed for max yield. I am preparing the seeds for next outdoor season.

Attachments

• AutoZam1 sativa dom pheno_Day 54 from seed_S1 seeds devoloping_Dec-23-2020.jpg
    AutoZam1 sativa dom pheno_Day 54 from seed_S1 seeds devoloping_Dec-23-2020.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Auto Zam 1_leafe shape_sativa dominant_Dec-23-2020.jpg
    Auto Zam 1_leafe shape_sativa dominant_Dec-23-2020.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Auto Zam 1 right side_Auto Zam 2 left side_Dec-23-2020.jpg
    Auto Zam 1 right side_Auto Zam 2 left side_Dec-23-2020.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 63
  • AutoZam 1_single male flowers arose only on first days of flowering_Dec-13-2020.jpg
    AutoZam 1_single male flowers arose only on first days of flowering_Dec-13-2020.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 68
  • AutoZam 1_single male flowers arose only on first days of floweringII_Dec-13-2020.jpg
    AutoZam 1_single male flowers arose only on first days of floweringII_Dec-13-2020.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Hi folks
I plan to run some auto zamal indoors. 2 seeds will share ~27l notill mix under 300w led.
Will 18/6 or 20/4 make a little difference in flower onset?
When would be a good time for pollination i think about 3 or 4 weeks after start of flowering?
Thx chilliwilli

paisajedehierba

when is the right time to pollinate Auto Zam

when is the right time to pollinate Auto Zam

Hi chilliwilli,
I would say the right time depends on your goals. Do you want to have max number of seeds or do you want to have ripe seeds and also a good yield of buds? Currently I have pollinated AutoZam +/- 10 days after the first pistils emerged. Result should be +/- 25 seeds from one lower branch. The plant has many more branches ready to pollinate. Three or for weeks after emerge of first pistils you will have many more seeds from each branch, but they will be ripe weeks after the buds are ready to harvest. Auto Zam needs 90 - 95 days from seed to harvest (that´s my indoor experience 17 hours light, 7 hours dark). They start flowering after four or five weeks, some indidviduals a week sooner. The flowering time last 8-9 weeks.
I am sure you will not regret playing with AutoZam offspring.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Thx man your info helped alot. Hm i think i like both a lot of seeds and buds. Will start my pollen donor line when first pistil appeare because they start flower early.

rolandomota

Veteran
Auto x auto is automatically auto who's making auto Malawi and zamaldelica and Panama regular? I certainly will cross it to the regular make f2 pollinate in 18 hours to make f3 auto x auto the rest separate to 1212 and cross those to the auto males or make those f3 and find the auto their it can be done I'm 100 sure but I don't need so many auto seeds maybe a purple Haze Malawi auto? I don't know old-timer have auto hmmm Just some food for thought

rolandomota

Veteran
Say I take purple honduras haxze cross it to afterthought auto like jackal haze.... that my friends is a recipe for gold.... make f2 find the autos make f3 in 18 hours light
Or take the purple Honduras haze pollen I'm collecting cross to auto from ace or any auto like the afterthought autos I'm testing
I don't know but for now a auto seed increase is looking promising small but big enough for 50 or 100 seeds a plant
Sorry off topic
Yes go auto zamaldelica cross to regular zam or any strain and.....

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Not sure if auto x auto produce 100% auto.
once made auto seed by hitting an auto white widow with muay thai(superauto) pollen. So not realy an auto x auto cross. Had one stray auto in the f1 outdoors and i'm currently growing some of the f3's indoor and got 7/17 autos. I think it depends on what rudi/ auto gen package was used in the breeding. Imo when it was the same auto x auto the offsprings are auto but if both parents have different sets of genes the autos will show in later generations

MallardDuck

My impression is that if the parents have the recessive autoflower gene fully locked in the progeny will always produce autoflowers.

You can use a Punnit Square to see why it takes to f3 generation to produce a fully auto from auto (recessive 'aa') and photo (dominant 'BB') parents.

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
The problem is with so called superauto, it's not a true af. Speaking from experience :)

100%Af x 100%Af => 100% Af progeny

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi folks,

Great to see and learn from all the different expressions of the Auto Zamaldelica.

I couldn't let this one pass, especially after the 2X1 they had some months ago, so I grabbed both of their autos, so see what they're about, and get a chance to grow these legendary sativas.

2 beans were planted in mid Dec, only one came out. It was planted directly in soil, in a 18L airpot. By Dec. 21st the seed had germinated, and displayed some extreme side branching during growth.

3 weeks after germination, she started to flower. She's now growing under LST and quite some training.

Since I'm new at this, I would be interested to hear from others, including @Dubi, about:

- The photo is the plant at the end of week 7 (week 4 of flowering). Any idea of how many more weeks it could take?

- I've noticed a little "twist" at the end of some leaves. Is this a phenotic thing, or could it be because she's unhappy about something?

- Since these are long flowering autos, has anyone tried to clone them? Experiences?

- Should I apply some defoliation? I've done a little here and there, and plan to shave her legs as the tops start to become heavy to reduce RH.

Thanks in advance!

:tiphat:

B

Attachments

• Auto Zamal Bud devt.jpg
    Auto Zamal Bud devt.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Auto Zamal Twist.jpg
    Auto Zamal Twist.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 53
  • 20170910 101032
    20170910 101032
    80.5 KB · Views: 49

MallardDuck

Hey Bowser! When I grew Auto Zamaldelica this past summer outside at 55N, they finished in the 12-13 week range. Not sure about your other questions.

Cheers

MD

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Bowser! When I grew Auto Zamaldelica this past summer outside at 55N, they finished in the 12-13 week range. Not sure about your other questions.

Cheers

MD

Thanks Mallard!

Was that 12-13 weeks of flowering or total? These are growing indoors.

I'm also wondering if the impact to production if I where to place her under 12/12? The veg for th other girls is my tent has been unexpectedly elongated :laughing:

B

ULMW

Greetings! Nice effort MD and good Q's Browser.
Auto flowering as you both know are not light dependent to initiate flowering. That being said there is good reason to give the fast flowering cultivars of autoflowering strains as much light as possible during Vegetative growth and many opt for 24 hours lights on for that reason. Others prefer to save a dollar on lighting costs by running 18 hours on 6 hours dark or off.
Pot size will also play a role in the productivity of the plant and effect the end result.
After the initial Vegetative growth you will witness the plant burst into to flowering mode. Here again we can find environmental conditions, such as enough powerful light being available for the plant to produce to its ultimate levels. Consideration for how big an area the plant or plants have to grow in and into also limit the productivity. Available light plays a key part, balanced feedings and right temperatures all effect the plant as it develops. Trying a few different mediums and containers as well as which lighting choices you use or combine will also help you bond with this plant better and over time and with a few more grows of her you will know first hand what she likes and does not like. Keeping a grow record will help you know the plant, too. Cuts out all the guess work and advances you as a grower no end.
Needless to say you are in the right place asking the right questions which already tells me how much you care and appreciate these plants. Your tender loving care combined with the Excellent Breeding and Excellent Seeds from ACE will ensure you a very productive grow of this I have no doubts.Enjoy the Auto Zamaldelica, She is a majestic plant with a lot of spiritual and psychoactive abilities!!! Happy Growing! ULMW

Sorry looking back I think it was closer to 13-14 weeks total time. Here is one near the end of its life.

View Image

I would imagine it would flower just fine but perhaps yield a little less and perhaps take longer on 12/12? Im not sure really, still learning a lot about cannabis. :)

MD

titoon29

Travelling Cannagrapher Penguin !
Veteran
Hi everybody, Hi Browser what s up ;)

Just wanted to quickly share my very positive experience with the auto zamaldelica :)

I grew 3 plants outdoor, 2 in 20L smart pots early in the season, another a bit later in the ground. Gave 2 more seeds to a neighbor (20L smart pots as well), which gladly shared buds with me :)

Overall, this genetic is easy to grow, gets big, quite branchy, and didn't mind my mild homemade organic feeding schedule. Around 12/13 weeks from the seed.
Average 70g per plant, up to 100g, all plants where topped and reached 1.2m or so, nice sativa stretch. Only complain is mildly resistant to powdery mildew so you gotta watch out for that in humid conditions, though much better then your average indica/hybrid.

The bag appeal, the smell, and the smoke make these plants very special, props to you dubi. it s got that funk that is kind of unmistakable.

I had a phenotype with rock hard buds (the strongest), the other 4 were more sativa in the appeal, with a very good resin coverage.

The smell is quite consistent from one plant to another, they have a common base - which kind of remind me of some haze : piney and lemoney, even a bit dusty like the old kali mist clone, with some carrot tones .. But there are also many subtle variations between phenos, a lot of tropical fruits (lime, mango, passionfruit). Lovely sativa lung expensive smoke, very smooth, and the main smells translates well in the taste. For the subtle variations, the vape gets them out very well.

And the high, oh la la !!! I am a sativa lover, and this satisfy my cravings for an energetic yet psychedelic high.
One vape, and you re up and motivated for almost any task. Two vapes, and you re up and running around but it starts to be confusing what you re up to. Three vapes, and your brain becomes unraveling many thoughts, with still a powerful energetic kick, which will make your friends that smoke average indicas in a moderate panicking state.
After testing it with many people and many occasion, we also found out that you will need a few hours (3+) of non-zamal toking to be able to get to sleep.
I found also very interesting that people non initiated to sativa seems to think that it is not strong at first. I would tend to agree, at first ;) After the second/third joint, they start to understand where the true power of this plant lies !

So overall I am super happy to have given a chance to this plant, and I ll make sure to take pictures on this summer session, because both me and my neighbor are in love with this genetic now and will grow it again, and again.
I would dare to say it is a very powerful sativa, but for that you will need to increase a bit your average dose to really feel its power !

Thanks dubi !

Ras Pablo

Veteran
I really like Auto Zamaldelica too. As you say titoon29, they are easy going plants and just fun to grow. From my experience, medium/high feeders, very vigorous and branchy medium to high yielders as some phenotypes can grow big and producing very dense flowers.

My preference goes for this phenotype. Short branchy and fast. `Zamal leaning flowers´ type with tropical fruits and chewing gum aromas. Faded purple at the very end and yes lots of resin.

Red/purple stems

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ras.

Browser

H8ters gonna h8
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi peeps,

Sup Titoon, long time! Good to read from you, and no surprise you tried this one already :D The Zamal has quite some reputation, even more so for sativa lovers, and thanks to Ace, folks in Northern lats can now enjoy them too!

Ras Pablo, that's a beauty! How many weeks did that take?

Thanks to MallardDuck and ULMW for sharing your experiences too.

So, many of my questions are still pending, so I went ahead and did some experimentation of my own.

I gave it a defoliation, from the bottom up. I mostly took leaves, but also removed a couple of tops that simply had no chance. Some of those bits that I removed were made into clones, and they seem to be doing "ok". An earlier attempt didn't work out that well, I can only blame the winter temps for that, but it IS possible to clone her.

Since the defo, I have noticed a couple of "suckers" here and there, some of them with a considerable stretch, but I can't bring myself to chopping those. After all, they'll be buds too.

With regards to feeding, she's not a hungry MFer, like some indicas can be, but in my experience she can handle (organic) nutes well and in decent quantities... Unless that's the reason why she's got that leaf twist :dance: I'm only giving it a tiny bit of N, but bumping on the P&K.

The week after the defoliation, it's like nothing had happened, leaves grew again and the main stem is no longer visible. Bud sites are slowly starting to fill up, but I still think I have about 6 move weeks to go.

I'm not sure if I can continue to veg the other (regular) plants in the box for that long, will try, but a month an a half of additional vegging might mean trouble when it comes to keeping them manageable, but should allow for a nice harvest. I don't want to flip the lights before the Auto Zamaldelica is ready, not to have a reduced harvest. Decisions, decisions....

I still have plenty of upside room, so I'll let the colas grow and I have stopped training the auto Zamaldelica.

This week I noticed the first glands forming on the tops, was ready wondering where they were. As for smells, there's been a funk for quite some time (reminiscent of the monkey cages at the Zoo), but it seems to be evolving.

I'm really looking forward to try this one!

:tophat:

B

MallardDuck

As for smells, there's been a funk for quite some time (reminiscent of the monkey cages at the Zoo), but it seems to be evolving.

I have no idea what monkey cages at the zoo smell like but this might be my favorite description of what a plant smells like in a while. :biglaugh:

Best of luck on the rest of your grow Browser.

MD