What's new

Arjan Green House gets Arrested during the Cannabis Cup

S

stickey fingers

Arjan,
Thanks for serveing the community! i wish you the best of luck at the 2010 cannabis cup .

RIP DR JAY

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

i am an honest guy and i have to say that some of the gh strain are absolutely great and not expansive at all , thats it and its a fact .

i praise shanti but more neville than anybody else , neville = the father of indoor cannabis genetic .no one can argue that fact .

Some GHS strains are great, yes.
But you will also know there are many that are let's just call them "watered down versions".
Those are finicky with ferts and often grow a large variety within one seed pack.

And yes Neville is THE MAN, no doubt about that. :yes:

mr noodles

Some GHS strains are great, yes.
But you will also know there are many that are let's just call them "watered down versions".
Those are finicky with ferts and often grow a large variety within one seed pack.

And yes Neville is THE MAN, no doubt about that. :yes:

we agree

you will never find me suggesting any of the so called original strain when i chat about ghs genetics . i just have positive experience with their post 2007 strain , in my book they are working the good way , the worst is behind in ghs case and they seems to have refresh their genetic pool via apothecary in cali .

also i think franco is well aware that ghs should slowly but surely moving away of the old strain that cause so much controversy .

they must have one special ssh mom and dad somewhere because the super lemon haze is something you should try .

also regarding bad experience , i think sensi seeds is the worst at the moment, all their seeds are poor f2 from neville stuff, they screwed every strain...they have shitty germ rate and obscene price in many of their strain .

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I bet he doesn't get arrested... India accepts cannabis... why the hell can't people learn anything anymore?

I don't think the majority of Indians accept Cannabis. Bhang is drank in a small segment of India but the majority and esp the more lavish areas look down on weed as something only the poor indulge in. A lot of people also don't even believe hash and weed to be the same and may accept cannabis flowers in bhang (milk) but not hash smoking. Very similar attitude/beliefs in Pakistan and the rest of south asia.

Don't get me wrong, the drug scene in India is huge (I heard they even have LSD labs popping up there) but the majority of people see recreational cannabis use as evil.

It's sad considering the main reason for this is probably due to the drug war directly conflicting with ancient Indian tradition (where cannabis was a big deal.)

I read an INCB report that said they seized 144 tons of cannabis in Inida in 2004.

:badday:

I have learned something today.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some of you'z need to find something to put all that hattin into,, besides Arjan!
They make seeds and sell weed to ppl in coffeeshops... that's all folks.
Word is he's ok anyhow,,, but we'd like some positive confirmation of that one :D

We watched India and Malawi downloads again today,, still cultural stuff :yes:

peace n love

p.s, thanks for the El Nino :yes:

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Chamba...you are one of the ppl here that I have Mad Respect for!!
So I did not quote you to do this--:tiphat:
TMB's...Tell your friend to grow better-- I can take Bagseed and make it the bomb....why couldn't your friend grow good pot from good seeds???
Cuz he fucking sucks at growing!!
Now...back to your regularly scheduled program--:tiphat:

trust me. my friend is VERY experienced, the plants were vegged for 6-8 weeks. how can you argue that something that is supposed to be feminised pure sativa genetics and turns out to be big thick indica nugs is the growers fault? He normally grows from clones and was looking for new genetics. He poped seeds from GH, DNA, Sensi, and reeferman during this run. funny how every other seed turned out as advertised.

okay, it may be rumors, but they are SOLID rumors that have been in the community for years. It is FACT that shantibaba and neville and arjan had a falling out out and arjan no longer works with either of them. is it that much of a stretch that they took their genes with them when they left? wouldn't you take your life's work with you if you quit your job?

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
I wouldnt be suprised if Arjan called it in on himself. That guy is all about hooplah and exposure. I guess you have to be about the gimmicks when the majority of your genetics arent worth their weight in rat shit...:tiphat:

The funny thing is when you watch his Africa and Asia videos in none of them where they are running through the bush @ 95F and 99%RH they are sweating their balls off like everyone else there does.
(jumping out of the Air-conditioned truck to take the shot and disappear back in to it).

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Maybe he got pinched for claiming to have & sell original train wreck beans!!

no fucking around it goes to show no matter how much dinero you have or how famous you are when leo shows up to get your ass and hookem & bookem you are fucked> no other way of putting it amigo's :no:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I don't have anything against GHS personally, I just didn't like their seeds that much.
They are way too glorified but still, there are keepers and there's work done.

I hope all will be well with Arjan.
I don't think he's ripping off people, I just think he is VERY far from being the best around like he claims.
Well, they call it marketing these days, right?

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
We all stand on the shoulders of giants. I wish Arjan the best and a safe return to the community. Peace, pot, karma and respect. One Love:ying:

Out here in this longitude & latitude we call them giants --> "Redwoods or Sequoias" !
lol.....

But untold early strainhunters, travelers & Dharma Bums in those older times who might have called Santa Cruz , San Francisco & places in Nor Cal their homes , certainly were earliest upon whos shoulders the Dutch breeders built their reps & fortunes on . Oh California . Of course Gypsy Nirvana seemed to be doing his part ;) keeping peoples bowls filled a few of decades ago over in Hong Kong , if i hav the story right but the euro tastes at the time were pretty much hashish dominate .
( right on Gypsy! Good job ...)

If it was mistaken identity very sure Arjan will be just alright , something to laugh at & wouldn't fret too much . But a little publicity certainly never hurt a biz like his or why is it so important to walk off with such an award ? Long live Sativa dom strains ...

* When thinking of standing on the shoulders of "Giants" though & the centuries of the ethical tolerance the Dutch were able to demonstrate to the world allow safe haven for , would tend to think a little more of someone like the great Dutch philosopher Benedict Spinoza in the 1600's .... who good 'ol Bertrand Russell described as ,

"the noblest and most lovable of the great philosophers."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baruch_Spinoza

The beautiful Dutch treasure -->Spinoza , was a true giant of European/Western history ,
think Arjan would agree ....

Eugenics

I know the ICmag cup is legit. They're (GHS) not acting like a company, I would call it a con.
Large scale racket. A trespass against me, and fellow growers.

Gastro

Glad you say that, coz then i want to refer you to the winners of the ICmag cup 2010 here.

Ill spoil the surprise Breeder sativa cup won by GHS for the Super Lemon Haze...

C

Chamba

how can you argue that something that is supposed to be feminised pure sativa genetics and turns out to be big thick indica nugs is the growers fault?

you can't''I grew out some Neville's Haze in the early or mid 90's and it was they were the most indica-ish plants i had in the garden, they were a gift from a friend and so I'm not sure what brand they were. I was expecting skinny leaves and a forever flowering duration and was surprised with a sativa/indica cross with dense flowers, rigid stems and medium leaves and flowered relatively quickly but then again I was growing Thais back then (lol ..every strain seems fat and fast after growing Thais)...the high from the NH was first class, potent and I'm still growing out the progeny.

BrainSellz

Veteran
How do you get the name "king of cannabis"? Mustve had to do something HUGE no? Wonder who gave him that name and who agreed that he is the King of Cannabis? It all seems so strange with all these "lovely" opinions. I really dont hear anyone talking "bad" about Neville however Arjan is King??

Last edited:

KJL

You mean the super lemon haze crossed out of sharksbreath and super silver haze ... gene stock from shantibaba or have the gene markers moved over onto somas amnesia a bit more
methinks they have
well cheers to root rot
i remeber the original super lemon haze hybrid cross when it was being sold as a ssh x sharksbreath tester packs for rip off hunded euro from the dna folks about the time lemon skunk won an award
as i recall they denied ever selling me the pack... which is why i personally have become so involved and active in the canna breeding industry, also becuase i had very bad experience with GHS stock which was comparably to other companies running gear of a quality 2/10 with nirvana basics running an average of 4/10
as a medicinal patient/ breeder and a proponent of hemp products and medicine in cannabis i find it is very critical proper bussines values are practiced... otherwise research is impossible and we will have a nice big goulash out of this soon enough at such a rate of disinfo and genetic maliciousness. no need to steal from people whom share folks... just call it as it is

Fortunately ive heard some seed banks check around on the gene sequencers what we are doing
so as i say
the proof is in the pudding
Maybe Arjan should have come over to the czech hemp fest as the vibe was very nice and possibly this little incident would have been avoided.
Unfortunately no cups are being sold, but we have plenty of great hemp products, wonderful seed companies working with swiss genes and other masters for over a decade /a little surprise, eh... for us all/ and a cooperative atmosphere which seems to be growing faster than imagined... so good vibes

Hoping Arjan has the best of luck not getting arrested for being an obvious target in the next years...

I think this is not necassarily good publicity for any of us but also shows how quick persons are to jump to conclusions... and how embarrassing that becomes...IMO this could help the cannabis community more than other stunts these folks pull such as the cup buying awards and all.

PEACE
K

KJL

PS

NEVILLE IS THE KING OF CANNABIS

I recall this very correctly... source validated in my feablish opinion...lol

A monarch without one to call him by such name should spread his wings and fly to the hights he had been at when the shops still had positive energies around them.. and the seeds had quality just asking to sprout... what happened man?

Possibly the competition isnt good for the new ages of cooperative action.
Love your plant
Love yourself
...it will grow
tend and befriend all that is natural
...it will grow

living in a finer today.... hoping the same for everyone else
PEACE
K

Latest posts

Latest posts