What's new

Anything outdoors 2020

gorilla ganja

I read this as well, unfortunately due to ill preparation I won't really be able to do it a month in advance, probably max two weeks beforehand. Will this most likely prove fatal for the plants? Anything I can use to deter them from messing with it? Is it better to skip the bone/blood-meal altogether if I can't prepare a month in advance?

I would skip the natural ingredients. Throw some slow-release fertilizer in your holes and you will be fine to plant in a couple of weeks.
Animals will not mess with the holes much as well.

Best of luck

Peace GG

BrownFingers

I would skip the natural ingredients. Throw some slow-release fertilizer in your holes and you will be fine to plant in a couple of weeks.
Animals will not mess with the holes much as well.

Best of luck

Peace GG

Alright, I'll look into that. Cheers! I guess I can run one test site with blood/bone-meal anyways, since one of the strains should finish roughly 20 days earlier than the rest so I can plant them later.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I always dig my holes first and give wild life a few weeks to investigate and mess them up. It's a good idea to set up a good bait hole a 30 feet away with all the stuff they like. Let them think that's a gold mine.

No one has mentioned it yet (?) but try to put a super effort to cage your plants. I can lose 80% if I don't in some spots.

BrownFingers

I always dig my holes first and give wild life a few weeks to investigate and mess them up. It's a good idea to set up a good bait hole a 30 feet away with all the stuff they like. Let them think that's a gold mine.

No one has mentioned it yet (?) but try to put a super effort to cage your plants. I can lose 80% if I don't in some spots.

My bad preparations and a not very forgiving climate doesnt give me a huge timeframe to work with, but the gold mine idea is interesting!

I notice I didn't write it in my original post but I actually have that on my to-do/research-list. I'm thinking of spraying/buying green chicken wire to cage them, my main concern with caging is the stealth aspect.

Also, is there any use in tying branches down slightly to the wire cage when it's grown to try and maximize light exposure?

Then again, it's probably more likely it gets nabbed by a dickhead deer than a stray human.

Dankwolf

4/14/20

4/14/20

Had to put plants in green house early this year . put some supplemental lighting that kicks on at 630 pm- 9 pm then again at 5am - 8am to help with cold nights and help keep them from flowering early .

Last year plants were about 6 inches tall at this time . this year they are about 2.5 ft by 2 ft roughly . they are in 7 gallon potts at moment . hopfully going in to 45 gallon by the end of the week ..

picture.php

Dankwolf

2000+ gallon potts got new skerts and a weeding

2000+ gallon potts got new skerts and a weeding

So the garden cloth is a waste for making your own potters . you would be lucky to get 2 years out of it . so i switched it out for roofing synthetic underlayment ( epiely superior ) . same 4x2 welded wire.

Plan is to hand till each 2000+/11 yard potter with a pitch fork this week end ( take 3 hours a potter ) while blindly amending with rainbow mix ( bloom and flower ) .

Put a 12 ounce beer can for size in first potter .

picture.php

I plan to through up some night pics of green house with supplemental lighting tomorrow at some point .

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
So the garden cloth is a waste for making your own potters . you would be lucky to get 2 years out of it . so i switched it out for roofing synthetic underlayment ( epiely superior ) . same 4x2 welded wire.

Plan is to hand till each 2000+/11 yard potter with a pitch fork this week end ( take 3 hours a potter ) while blindly amending with rainbow mix ( bloom and flower ) .

Put a 12 ounce beer can for size in first potter .

View Image

I plan to through up some night pics of green house with supplemental lighting tomorrow at some point .

I'd love to live in a Legal state or somewhere to grow monsters like this, the TRUE outdoor big plant champion. These guys riding 4wheelers all summer up and down the road would smell one of those from there front porch lol, they wouldn't smell it just passing. good luck!!!!

BrownFingers

Goddamnit Dankwolf, those pots... sure am jealous. I too want swimming pools full of plants. Unfortunately for me, sneaking around in the forest at night dressed in black hoping I don't get mauled by a bear is my best bet..

On another note: if I build wire cages for my plants, will the animals still mess with the soil if I add bone & blood meal 2-3 weeks before planting (not the usual 1month+)? I'm guessing a wire cage isn't a big obstacle for a bear, but who knows...

Big Eggy

Veteran
Goddamnit Dankwolf, those pots... sure am jealous. I too want swimming pools full of plants. Unfortunately for me, sneaking around in the forest at night dressed in black hoping I don't get mauled by a bear is my best bet..

Same here but I have to be careful of a rabbit... He's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Big Eggy

Veteran
On a serious note... Having never grown in the cuds before, at what size are my plants safe from rabbits?I would like to remove my cages ASAP so my plants blend in as natural as possible.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
On a serious note... Having never grown in the cuds before, at what size are my plants safe from rabbits?I would like to remove my cages ASAP so my plants blend in as natural as possible.

I'd say 3 feet. I don't know about your location, but I really only need them for the first few weeks. A fresh planting ensures they'll get dug up without a cage. Once I see a few mangled cages because some animal tried to get under it, it's safe to pull the cages (if I want. I usually leave them).

Mix up a batch of potent pest repellent, remove a cage and give the base a spray. You'll know if it works.

caliprop215

Veteran
In 5 gallon pots sitting next to 65 gallon pot. I'm not using those. 200 gallon pots are on the mail on there way along with 600 night crawlers.

That is romulan.

Hope all grows going well.:tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20200415_184608.jpg
    IMG_20200415_184608.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20200415_184540.jpg
    IMG_20200415_184540.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 17