What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything outdoors 2020

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The picture of the seedlings in jiffy pots on page one. Is exactly why I don't use them. Excessive stretching even with adequate lighting. I have found them to be very inconsistent.

They are handy,but handy doesn't correlate to quality. It would be nice if they could be improved.
Peace farmerlion

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
The picture of the seedlings in jiffy pots on page one. Is exactly why I don't use them. Excessive stretching even with adequate lighting. I have found them to be very inconsistent.

They are handy,but handy doesn't correlate to quality. It would be nice if they could be improved.
Peace farmerlion

All strains grow differently. If I was home I'd post pics of seedlings in jiffy PELLETS (not pots) that have nodal growth very very close to the pellets. I'll also post pictures of seedlings that are almost 4 inches tall with only one set of true leaves. And they are a direct result of very little lighting. Gibberellic acid in excess can also result in excessive stretching, and I suspect a seed's excessive stretching during spouting, under adequate lighting, is a result of the amout of G acid in the seed itself.

Another way to induce stretching is to plant close together. The strain in the pictures on the first page were planted 6 inches apart. You want to grow a tall plant? Stick it in a corn field and watch it compete and reach for the sky and for sunlight.

The same plant all by itself with all the sun it wants grows with many short side baseball bats.

Sunshineinabag

soil blocks can be made with ease as well, 30 bucks get a soil blocker ...im blessed using vermont compost company fort vee ....its perfect for blocking when moist.

PDX Dopesmoker

I have this one plant with nice fat bladed foliage
piOeukC.jpg

this one on the right is kinda narrow bladed
kJSLm2I.jpg

and the rest seem about average.
9s5rnbP.jpg

They're all F3 siblings from the same mother and father, theres still quite a genetic spread showing in the leaf blades widths regardless the inbreeding. The great grandparents were both pretty thoroughly hybridized.

Sunshineinabag

so the nl have all popped gonna give em sf 2000 veg until mayish new moon or is it the full moon? anyway i have been preparing bombs for the areas....
https://youtu.be/HmU7RkR7rbU
id be interested in your thoughts on this endeavor
also would like to ask is there an outdoor cultivar that stands above others for genetic stability?

marmarb

Has anyone used the soil blockers? I'm not a fan of dirt unless its outdoors. Guessing would make for easier transportation and transplanting of seedlings/clones out doors

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Has anyone used the soil blockers? I'm not a fan of dirt unless its outdoors. Guessing would make for easier transportation and transplanting of seedlings/clones out doors

I use jiffy-7 peat pellets. I can carry hundreds easily on my atv. Simple soil blocks might fall apart.

PureSativa420

Hello Fellas back with a bit of a update on progress from the spare closet 😮, Will flip to 12/12 in 10 to 14 days to sex my plants and all Males besides the best few will be killed off 😝😝

A look inside

picture.php

picture.php

These are my youngest plants I showed way back in the Jiffy pellets 😊, yet to be trained or topped but very short and squat!

picture.php

And these are my oldest plants 1 month old today, Have been topped and some lst going on! Defoliation come real soon!

picture.php

Have a great afternoon fellas

bibi40

Covid just fuck me : one ( sure ) or perhaps two ( not sure ) of my outdoor spots ,

can' t dig my hole , can' t .... anything !!!

have to play with this ...

:tiphat:

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Really wet here still. Another month it'll be good.
picture.php

Beaver pond. It was twice as big until the ministry blew up 3 huge dams and hauled away the beavers. Them critters will build up again in 5-7 years and the ministry will be back and blow it up again. In the mean time, the banks will be as fertile as the nile.
picture.php

'Boogieman'

What do you guys think about fizzing up the root ball before transplanting into the ground? Last year I pulled my plants out of the ground after harvest and noticed my roots were circling instead of spreading. I'm going to frizz the rootball up a bit this year but don't want to stunt them, I will be transplanting from 2 gallon pots and I'm just wondering what you guys generally do before the final transplant.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I think that would slow it down some. Just let it be, or make sure you transplant earlier.

From my experience, once they start circling in the pot, they'll continue in the ground. I try to transplant before that starts. But roots that circle isn't bad unless they have trouble getting water.

Last year I had a Swazi straggler sitting in my shed. It was well root bound. I thought "why not." So I stuck it in a sand pile and watered it every weekend. This one had roots that circled when I pulled it up.

picture.php

BrownFingers

(Posted this is in the other anything outdoor thread as well, but messed up formatting badly. Figured it wouldnt hurt to post here as well) Howdyho fellow enthusiasts! Y'all making me excited for the summer season with them juicy pictures!

It's my first grow and am doing a guerrilla grow. I figured it'd be alright to ask a question or two regarding soil/nutrients in this thread!

My plan is to essentially dig holes for each plant and fill with roughly 17.5L (4.5ish gallons) of soil (yet to be mixed).

Thing is I am not looking to import or buy a bunch of stuff, I am simply trying to make do with what I have on hand. If I spread out current supplies the soil mixture would look something like this per plant:

(All items are from local gardening stores)
50% Garden earth
15% Cow fertilizer
15% Top-dress earth
11.5% Earth with ECA
5.5% Chicken fertilizer
3% Perlite

Thought is: Cow fertilizer at the bottom, then earths/perlite and top dress earth on top.

A lot of guerrilla growers around this part of the world just go straight up 50% garden earth, 50% cow fertilizer with success, surely not optimal, but successful nonetheless. So as long as my soil would be an improvement on that or equal to, I'll be content.

I plan on using blood- and bonemeal for nutrients, possibly also wood ash as well as top dress with surrounding greens. I'll be planting straight at the location in the soil and they are all feminized autos.

Will also use beer traps, eggshells and copper wire for slugs. I have a dog so if dog hair/urine/shit helps against wildlife, I have that in my backpocket too.

If someone has some constructive criticism or can point out major flaws in this plan, it'd be highly appreciated! I'm just trying to do the best I can with available resources. Although I'll be content to even just get to harvest 1 out of 10-odd plants.

If this is the wrong thread or I am simply incredibly stupid, I'm sorry and I'll sod off!

'Boogieman'

(Posted this is in the other anything outdoor thread as well, but messed up formatting badly. Figured it wouldnt hurt to post here as well) Howdyho fellow enthusiasts! Y'all making me excited for the summer season with them juicy pictures!

It's my first grow and am doing a guerrilla grow. I figured it'd be alright to ask a question or two regarding soil/nutrients in this thread!

My plan is to essentially dig holes for each plant and fill with roughly 17.5L (4.5ish gallons) of soil (yet to be mixed).

Thing is I am not looking to import or buy a bunch of stuff, I am simply trying to make do with what I have on hand. If I spread out current supplies the soil mixture would look something like this per plant:

(All items are from local gardening stores)
50% Garden earth
15% Cow fertilizer
15% Top-dress earth
11.5% Earth with ECA
5.5% Chicken fertilizer
3% Perlite

Thought is: Cow fertilizer at the bottom, then earths/perlite and top dress earth on top.

A lot of guerrilla growers around this part of the world just go straight up 50% garden earth, 50% cow fertilizer with success, surely not optimal, but successful nonetheless. So as long as my soil would be an improvement on that or equal to, I'll be content.

I plan on using blood- and bonemeal for nutrients, possibly also wood ash as well as top dress with surrounding greens. I'll be planting straight at the location in the soil and they are all feminized autos.

Will also use beer traps, eggshells and copper wire for slugs. I have a dog so if dog hair/urine/shit helps against wildlife, I have that in my backpocket too.

If someone has some constructive criticism or can point out major flaws in this plan, it'd be highly appreciated! I'm just trying to do the best I can with available resources. Although I'll be content to even just get to harvest 1 out of 10-odd plants.

If this is the wrong thread or I am simply incredibly stupid, I'm sorry and I'll sod off!

Add your blood and bone a good month or longer before you plant out. Animals will mess with the soil for a bit looking for food but by the time you plant they will be long gone.

BrownFingers

Add your blood and bone a good month or longer before you plant out. Animals will mess with the soil for a bit looking for food but by the time you plant they will be long gone.

I read this as well, unfortunately due to ill preparation I won't really be able to do it a month in advance, probably max two weeks beforehand. Will this most likely prove fatal for the plants? Anything I can use to deter them from messing with it? Is it better to skip the bone/blood-meal altogether if I can't prepare a month in advance?