What's new

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

You and me both buddy. My ECSD looks like I’ll be lucky to pull 3 - 4 zips, but to be fair I have another 4 weeks of flowering to go AND she is stinking up the whole room so fuck it lol. Seems promising

LostTribe

Premium user
You and me both buddy. My ECSD looks like I’ll be lucky to pull 3 - 4 zips, but to be fair I have another 4 weeks of flowering to go AND she is stinking up the whole room so fuck it lol. Seems promising
Thats what sets this other cut apart from the ECSD and the Cloney aside from the nose, which the ecsd might be #2, ok ok ok i'll wait for the hydro before commenting further on tastes. Last night I wasnt sure and have been doing some blind testing on some youngsters that are visiting an old friend. It was a toss up last night. However, the Sour D is litterally twice the vigor and size. I let albany catch up best I could but the vigor is evident in the other. Easier growing as well. Not yellowing as bad. She variegates if she's hungry which I had a week before bloom but she worked it out right in time.

I am liking the jacks so far and started using it on everything so I dont have to mess with multiple different mixes etc. PITA. I tested a nug off the SFV quite early and it was even ok without finish or flush.

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Thats what sets this other cut apart from the ECSD and the Cloney aside from the nose, which the ecsd might be #2, ok ok ok i'll wait for the hydro before commenting further on tastes. Last night I wasnt sure and have been doing some blind testing on some youngsters that are visiting an old friend. It was a toss up last night. However, the Sour D is litterally twice the vigor and size. I let albany catch up best I could but the vigor is evident in the other. Easier growing as well. Not yellowing as bad. She variegates if she's hungry which I had a week before bloom but she worked it out right in time.

I am liking the jacks so far and started using it on everything so I dont have to mess with multiple different mixes etc. PITA. I tested a nug off the SFV quite early and it was even ok without finish or flush.
Yea my ECSD is pretty vigorous, but it only stretched a little over double which is surprising to me. I flipped it at like a foot tall because I thought it would end up 4 foot tall with the stretch

i.love.scotch

Great info in this thread and comparison of the cuts.

I notice a lot of mentions in here of diesel, grease, funk smells. Which to me are like Original Diesel smells and not Sour smells?

I'm in Canada so no idea if what I used to get was 'legit' but I used to get ECSD bud and it had a super bright, lemon-lime (7up/sprite) and nose tingling sour smell and flavour to it. Not diesel or grease but quite 'fuelly' mouth coat.

Interesting thing is I ran an AJ Sour Diesel Hybrid (AJ Sour x Triangle Kush Bx from Sacred Seeds) and it is all base notes, diesel, grease, funk. The sour that is there is more of a base note but not really strong or 'bright'.

I ran Sour Diesel x SSH from BeanHo who is a Canadian breeder and the SD leaning phenos are sour and Sprite like I remember from back in the day. Like nose tingling sour candy fuel.

I'm curious y'all's thoughts on this. Was the 'real' Sour Diesel of yore (late 90s New York) more Sour or more Diesel? Do we just have a different SD up here in Canada? I heard the one that went around most up here was "ECSD"

PXL_20240203_191753720.jpg
AJ Sour x TK Bx (Quite a bit of TK in the structure but not much on the nose, mostly a diesel, grease, chem funk)

PXL_20240203_192153939.jpg
SD x SSH (Quite bright sour and lemon lime soda)

Also did y'all listen to AJ in First Smoke of The Day Podcast? An interesting listen for sure:

Also some quotes from Notsodog from discord talking about how AJs changed over the years and about the different types of sour he's aware of
Screenshot_20240203-113030.png
Screenshot_20240203-113151.png

Last edited:

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Great info in this thread and comparison of the cuts.

I notice a lot of mentions in here of diesel, grease, funk smells. Which to me are like Original Diesel smells and not Sour smells?

I'm in Canada so no idea if what I used to get was 'legit' but I used to get ECSD bud and it had a super bright, lemon-lime (7up/sprite) and nose tingling sour smell and flavour to it. Not diesel or grease but quite 'fuelly' mouth coat.

Interesting thing is I ran an AJ Sour Diesel Hybrid (AJ Sour x Triangle Kush Bx from Sacred Seeds) and it is all base notes, diesel, grease, funk. The sour that is there is more of a base note but not really strong or 'bright'.

I ran Sour Diesel x SSH from BeanHo who is a Canadian breeder and the SD leaning phenos are sour and Sprite like I remember from back in the day. Like nose tingling sour candy fuel.

I'm curious y'all's thoughts on this. Was the 'real' Sour Diesel of yore (late 90s New York) more Sour or more Diesel? Do we just have a different SD up here in Canada? I heard the one that went around most up here was "ECSD"

View attachment 18954893
AJ Sour x TK Bx (Quite a bit of TK in the structure but not much on the nose, mostly a diesel, grease, garbage funk)

View attachment 18954895
SD x SSH (Quite bright sour and lemon lime soda)

Also did y'all listen to AJ in First Smoke of The Day Podcast? An interesting listen for sure:

Also some quotes from Notsodog from discord talking about how AJs changed over the years and about the different types he's aware of
View attachment 18954920
View attachment 18954921

Bro, that’s my ECSD cut! Straight lemon lime smells on the resin rubs the first month, now it’s being dominated by this super sour, funky, diesel fuel smell. It’s just starting to get loud but when my gf rubbed the resin leaves at week 4, she lit up with a huge smile and said that doesn’t even smell like weed, it’s like lemon lime 7 up or something! Lol. When I start plucking pollen sacs off my ECSD reversal it starts smelling like hot gas in the air and it carries

i.love.scotch

Bro, that’s my ECSD cut! Straight lemon lime smells on the resin rubs the first month, now it’s being dominated by this super sour, funky, diesel fuel smell. It’s just starting to get loud but when my gf rubbed the resin leaves at week 4, she lit up with a huge smile and said that doesn’t even smell like weed, it’s like lemon lime 7 up or something! Lol. When I start plucking pollen sacs off my ECSD reversal it starts smelling like hot gas in the air and it carries

Killer! I read back but didn't actually see you mention (maybe I missed it), but what is the origin of the cut you have? Sounds like a great one

Bigcrawdaddy2.0

Hey @flower~power you chopped that sour down like beginning of December, do you think you waited long enough to smoke this thing? Lol You were all giddy with excitement to get the real deal and now you holding out on us. Indulge us sour geeks and pack a bowl already broski 😎, let us know if it tastes amazing or meh

Last edited:

johnnyla

Veteran
I busted out the ol camera! So much effort involved.

Albany/Weasel/Cloney
HPS Hydrosy
full

next is in led
full

led albany
full

Jay_Plantspeaker Hydrosy HPS these hydro babes are too big to get a full pic of also both at the wrong end to get into the pic.
full

JP Led
full

I forgot to get a couple pics of the strange leaf variegation on JP i'll try to remember next time. Sorry for the crappy pics!
Does the sour prefer the led or HPS?

LostTribe

Premium user
Does the sour prefer the led or HPS?
Def longer running colas and much larger plants with vert HPS.

I got a small oil heater for my tent on someones recommendation. After a day the plants are clearly enjoying the root zone temps being warmer. Not sure where the sweet spot is but I have it at 81F right now. Think might put it on the light timer so theres a swing.

luposolitario

hi to all, end the small sour sex, litle few buds same loots seeds,

Attachments

• IMG_20240127_081403.jpg
    IMG_20240127_081403.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240127_081443.jpg
    IMG_20240127_081443.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20240127_081432.jpg
    IMG_20240127_081432.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240207_192501.jpg
    IMG_20240207_192501.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20240127_081413.jpg
    IMG_20240127_081413.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 42

iriveru

Some shots I took last night, slowly but surely getting there.

Attachments

• 1850E8CA-41A6-4385-BC86-804DE2730A94.png
    1850E8CA-41A6-4385-BC86-804DE2730A94.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 0D76B09D-FD74-4CE1-82FD-BC6BE1DFF40B.png
    0D76B09D-FD74-4CE1-82FD-BC6BE1DFF40B.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 38
  • 96D1B5C1-AA0A-4376-8B85-7FE182E16135.png
    96D1B5C1-AA0A-4376-8B85-7FE182E16135.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 31
  • 765DE43A-0B5B-4B8F-9E06-FE7B9412D735.png
    765DE43A-0B5B-4B8F-9E06-FE7B9412D735.png