What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Albany Sour Diesel Clone

Jcue81

Hey Everyone -

I wanted to start a new thread to discuss the Sour Diesel from Albany, NY. There are several different cuts of sour, and while some might be the same plant with a different name, there are different cuttings going around under the name Sour Diesel. Hoping we can keep the discussion to this particular cut of Sour and discuss how to get her to shine.

This cutting was gifted to me by my friend Mesa Genetics but originally came from a clone seller named “Cloney Soprano”. When I saw the photos Cloney had posted, Mesa and I started discussing how it had the exact look of the clone we were both familiar with from the early 2000. The peachy colored stigmas and the bulbous conically-stacked calyxes. The bright neon green buds with the army green single leaflets- she had the look for sure.

I’ve flowered her three times so far and each time has improved, but I haven’t yet nailed it. First run was done in an earthbox and I completely overdid the light and cooked my tops. Those single leaflets yellowed at week 8 and I think she only went 65 days. Smells starting around week 5 we’re very encouraging though. The profile was exactly as I recalled sour diesel. Some of the buds below the canopy were decent, but overall a very poor representation of sour.

Second run was also in an earthbox and I did get her to day 80 by feeding her a bit of salts in the reservoir of my earthbox. My last run was done with Masterblend in Promix and it was definetly the closest I’ve gotten to a proper expression, but I need to turn up the volume of the smell and flavor.

The plan for next run is modified Lucas formula in pro mix. Thanks @MOneYMiKe for the suggestion. I’d love to have my new buddy @flower~power post pics of his grow and share his experience with this old gal here.

6597883D-1659-4215-9187-8C43C80CF096.jpeg

B9935B2D-62D4-4B01-B7EB-260F446F1C98.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Everyone -

I wanted to start a new thread to discuss the Sour Diesel from Albany, NY. There are several different cuts of sour, and while some might be the same plant with a different name, there are different cuttings going around under the name Sour Diesel. Hoping we can keep the discussion to this particular cut of Sour and discuss how to get her to shine.

This cutting was gifted to me by my friend Mesa Genetics but originally came from a clone seller named “Cloney Soprano”. When I saw the photos Cloney had posted, Mesa and I started discussing how it had the exact look of the clone we were both familiar with from the early 2000. The peachy colored stigmas and the bulbous conically-stacked calyxes. This bright neon green buds with the army green single leaflets- she had the look for sure.

I’ve flowered her three times so far and each time has improved, but I haven’t yet nailed it. First run was done in an earthbox and I completely overdid the light and cooked my tops. Those single leaflets yellowed at week 8 and I think she only went 65 days. Smells starting around week 5 we’re very encouraging though. The profile was exactly as I recalled sour diesel. Some of the buds below the canopy were decent, but overall a very poor representation of sour.

Second run was also in an earthbox and I did get her to day 80 by feeding her a bit of salts in the reservoir of my earthbox. My last run was done with Masterblend in Promix and it was definetly the closest I’ve gotten to a proper expression, but I need to turn up the volume of the smell and flavor.

The plan for next run is modified Lucas formula in pro mix. Thanks @MOneYMiKe for the suggestion. I’d love to have my new buddy @flower~power post pics of his grow and share his experience with this old gal here.

View attachment 18876783
View attachment 18876784
From what I was told promix and salts and hps will really throw down . Main thing is to always keep her happy . Hard part about sour is once it begins to get deficient and eat itself it usually harder to get health than other strains .
Are you running leds? I’ve been doing organic stuff and was going to do a organic run Gaia green soil and promix run Athena after . I can’t run hps but back in the day I’ve seen crazy tall sour plants under hps

Jcue81

From what I was told promix and salts and hps will really throw down . Main thing is to always keep her happy . Hard part about sour is once it begins to get deficient and eat itself it usually harder to get health than other strains .
Are you running leds? I’ve been doing organic stuff and was going to do a organic run Gaia green soil and promix run Athena after . I can’t run hps but back in the day I’ve seen crazy tall sour plants under hps

I am running LED most of the year and LED/CMH in the winter. I’d like to try the sour with HPS. I can def borrow a HPS set up from a friend.

Jcue81

Probably too late but you should run the sour seeds I sent you at the same time…
Be great to see sour from seed vs a clone only sour. :)
I’ve got 20 Blesscoast Samurai Sour going. I’m about to take clones, sex the seed moms, then flower run.

Samurai Sour F2: ((Headbanger x Sour D IBL) x (Sour Power OG)) x ((Headbanger x Sour D IBL) x (Sour Power OG))

F0212F61-79B1-40B2-97BA-3BD92C2064C2.jpeg