What's new

Advance Nutrients is an amazing brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ganja D

Hi everyone,
I sill consider myself very new hear and am very new to starting threads, so please bear with my inexperience on computers.
I have noticed the Advanced nutrients slander thread,(lol) and thought it would be nice to have a place for AN users or people considering using AN to share info and their experiences.
The point? For people to be able to compare, learn and improve their methods, and it just sounds fun.
All I have to offer currently is old pics I've been posting, as I will be in transition for a few months(bummer, but not in the long run). I've just given away all my mothers to new caretakers and my last batch of clones have all gone to new homes. It was hard to let go.
So, I have some pics to post later of roots from my last clones taken with juicy roots and other assorted photo's of AN grows from the last few years. Until then and after, please feel free to post any positive info and pictures related to Advance nutes here.
If you hate advanced nutrients and want to tell us, please be polite and non insulting. That's all I ask.

So, I hope this is cool and works out and I wish you all smoke some good herb and that it enriches your life.

Peace.

Ganja D...

Last edited:
G

Ganja D

check out my nute study thread - AN works
I actually read it a little while ago. Very impressive. But I noticed the AN out preformed in most ways and you preferd the Earth juice in the end.
I used to use a combination of earth juice and age old. They were great, but I'm much happier with AN now.
Thanks for the input.

jawnroot

Advanced Nutrients makes some great product. I think people give it beef because it can be overly expensive, and AN layers on some thick marketing BS. I tend to go with Bontanicare or GH products myself, but this doesn't diminish the quality of AN's stuff.

Advanced Nutrients makes some great product. I think people give it beef because it can be overly expensive, and AN layers on some thick marketing BS. I tend to go with Bontanicare or GH products myself, but this doesn't diminish the quality of AN's stuff.

ding ding ding, exactly! Way over the top with their obnoxious marketing campaigns, big pimping stretch hummer hooker party pot god image and 1,348 individual additives that are WAY over priced and should be consolidated into 4 or 5 total.

Makes it kind of tough for me to give them my money even if the products are good, which they probably are. I'm actually considering trying the AN Micro/Bloom (Lucas), w/Big Bud and Overdrive (and that's it!) next run. Hopefully somebody will talk me out of it...

jmansweed

Hey Hoss, this is one reason (among many), besides my obsession w/ organics that led me to Earth Juice over AN.

G

Ganja D

I appreciate the somewhat over the top marketing. It's kina of comical to me. They take my money and I'm ok with that for now. It's worth it for the results I get. They have been downsizing/improving/combining all the additives over time. I think they try to improve and evolve the best they can. I hope you don't get talked out of trying. At least not the big bud, that stuff alone will change your life.

jawnroot

Makes it kind of tough for me to give them my money even if the products are good, which they probably are. I'm actually considering trying the AN Micro/Bloom (Lucas), w/Big Bud and Overdrive (and that's it!) next run. Hopefully somebody will talk me out of it...

Try GH MaxiGro & MaxiBloom with BGH Bloom Blaster (or similar) as a finisher. These are all dry nutrients, but high quality. I've gotten results as good or better, when compared to any nutrient schedule I've run in the past (and I've run a lot of them, from the GH Lucas, to Pure Blend pro, and everything in between).

Although I'm sure you'll probably get good results with the AN products, you'll be paying out the nose, especially for the overdrive and big bud. I haven't used those two products, but I doubt they'll provide results any better than the schedule I highlighted above.

G

Guest 18340

Imo, AN is as good as most other brands that are popular amongst us growers. The hype gets old and the prices are ridiculous, especially with todays' economy, but AN is one of the few nutrient companys that openly market their products to MJ growers. Remember the big banner being flown over the skies of the expo in 'Vegas?

jawnroot

Imo, AN is as good as most other brands that are popular amongst us growers. The hype gets old and the prices are ridiculous, especially with todays' economy, but AN is one of the few nutrient companys that openly market their products to MJ growers. Remember the big banner being flown over the skies of the expo in 'Vegas?

Don't forget the myriad references to advanced nutrients in Weeds (the showtime show). When they're not talking about AN, there's an AN poster or feed schedule in the background.

Advanced Nutrients has to advertise like that, they are mostly excluded from advertising in the biggest publications by the influence of the big 3 nutrient companies. If someone wants to hammer a company for advertising, GH gets way more face time in all publications. Humboldt, Dutch Masters, etc...., etc.... all have just as extensive of line ups now with a zillion products to add to your regimen. Most of the big three have lines with the same comical names like Advanced uses. The price has been shown time and again not to be all that different either, due to different concentrations and usage schedules, just looking at price is a crude apples to oranges comparison.

I am using Advanced for now and it is working as well if not a little better than all the others I have tried. I am not a huge fan of the BS hype that our entire nutrient supply industry takes part in (Advanced is worst about that aspect)

If all the other nute companies were truly secure in the dominance of their product, they would take Big Mike's Million dollar challenge and beat him soundly if that is what their product was truly capable of.

So what AN products do you fans use? I've heard obvious praise for Big Bud. If somebody could help me sift through all the BS additives I don't really need maybe I could pick 1 or two of the best ones and still get some good results. I grow in 5g soil buckets using FFOF. No veg nutes. Don't feed until week 1-2 flower. I was considering trying the lucas formula with AN's Bloom/Micro and adding big bud for weeks 2,3,4 and then overdrive for weeks 5,6,7 and flushing weeks 8,9 with clearex (already have half a gal of clearex so I don't want to buy final phase). Is there a must have additive I am missing? Should I get the bloom booster instead of the overdrive? Thanks.

G

guest 77721

Here's my 2 cents FWIW,

the actual cost to grow connisseur quality bud is between $2 - $4 per ounce with A/N depending on how much of the lineup you want to go with. You can grow for less with basic salt based hydro nutes and for as much or more with other brands if you use the full lineup of enhancers and boosters.

The point is that nute costs are minimal when compared to the cost of purchasing off the street for the product. This gives us as growers the freedom to mix and match.

I'd advise trying as many nutes as you can to dial your grow in to a point where you're happy with the finished product. Just try to buy enough so you get your value out of your purchase and don't waste your money by having a collection of half used containers laying around.

skunktoker

Big-bud and overdrive always stays in my garden truly great products you dont need all thier products to make it work ...when I used chem nutes I used the GMB from AN after
using the GH GMB...AN was much better and my ph stayed more stable however over the
years I have changed to organic so I use roots-organics ...base nutes but the 2 things
that have never changed is Big-bud and overdrive both products give me amazing results
And therefore Ill always use them...also Im not saying you couldnt grow with other lines
or nutes most def you can without a doubt the Advanced-nutrients that I have and do use
work awesome for me ...............ST

G

Ganja D

Check out the last page of the thread AN is a horrible brand. I put a lot of info there and don't know how to quote it and it post here. If anyone else wouldn't mind doing it for me, quote the second half of the last page of that thread here.
Thanks.

has anyone compared fox farm side by side with AN?
i cant decide which brand to go with...

I used Fox Farms forever and liked it well enough. If you like the Fox Farms nute lineup, try Iguana Juice grow and bloom. Maybe add to it the Mother Earth Tea grow and bloom. I think you will be just as happy if not happier and I believe you will have a fully organic lineup with those choices whereas your only truly organic offering from Fox Farms was the Big Bloom.

dmt

Veteran
contrary to most of my peers, im actually open to new products, to further eveove myself in efficiency bla bla bla

i tried an once in a 10/10 flip hydro dialed in 03, when they were a very new company from advice from a non grower ironically. he said it was the only compoany during canna specific ratios so i obliged him.

my results were an increase of yield by 25%, increase in value by 25%, and 50% more hash of higher quality from the trim. in 7 days shorter cycles. greener more stocky denser plants.

when u add up all these values, i got 2 extra crops a year just changing nutes, which really arent that expensive when u see the investment/return ratio.

ive been an advocate ever since and have been hated on for it by others.

but, i dont care. becuase every crop there is someone who claims my bud was the best all around theyve ever tried, these are seasoned heads too.

ADVANCED NUTRIENTS have a medical grow op at their factory to test on, and have been since their conception. name me one other company that does that.

rock on advanced, d

dmt

Veteran
I used Fox Farms forever and liked it well enough. If you like the Fox Farms nute lineup, try Iguana Juice grow and bloom. Maybe add to it the Mother Earth Tea grow and bloom. I think you will be just as happy if not happier and I believe you will have a fully organic lineup with those choices whereas your only truly organic offering from Fox Farms was the Big Bloom.

mother earth tea is the bomo for any organic grower, trust me, d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts