What's new

Advance Nutrients is an amazing brand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big-bud and overdrive always stays in my garden truly great products you dont need all thier products to make it work ...when I used chem nutes I used the GMB from AN after
using the GH GMB...AN was much better and my ph stayed more stable however over the
years I have changed to organic so I use roots-organics ...base nutes but the 2 things
that have never changed is Big-bud and overdrive both products give me amazing results
And therefore Ill always use them...also Im not saying you couldnt grow with other lines
or nutes most def you can without a doubt the Advanced-nutrients that I have and do use
work awesome for me ...............ST
Yeah, I've been organic for awhile now but the yields have definitely been suffering. Going back to chem for awhile with my current strains to see how much of a difference it makes. So, I will definitely add the BigBud & OD to the GMB. Is the liquid carbo load basically just sweet/molasses? What's up with the B-52? How does the Sensizym compare with hygrozyme, can't find much on sensizym. Thanks to anyone with knowledge who can address these Q's.

G

Ganja D

Sensizyme is great stuff. I ran out and couldn't find it for an entire flowering cycle once and there was a very noticeable difference in growth rates, production and resin content. I've never used hygrozyme even though my local hydro store gave me a free bottle. Sensizyme claims to have a much longer shelf life and way more active enzymes as well. I use the powder carbo load in all growth stages and have done tests by not using it on a few plants. The plants with it buds swell fatter after each feeding almost in front of your eyes. The plants without never got buds as fat and lacked the ridiculous crystallization and resin. Carbo load + bud candy is the best organic one two punch additives I've seen as far as enhancing smell flavor and weight. The only non organic thing I use is Big Bud. It just helps the yield so much I can't help it.

Last edited:
G

Guest 18340

Advanced Nutrients has to advertise like that, they are mostly excluded from advertising in the biggest publications by the influence of the big 3 nutrient companies. If someone wants to hammer a company for advertising, GH gets way more face time in all publications. Humboldt, Dutch Masters, etc...., etc.... all have just as extensive of line ups now with a zillion products to add to your regimen. Most of the big three have lines with the same comical names like Advanced uses. The price has been shown time and again not to be all that different either, due to different concentrations and usage schedules, just looking at price is a crude apples to oranges comparison.

I am using Advanced for now and it is working as well if not a little better than all the others I have tried. I am not a huge fan of the BS hype that our entire nutrient supply industry takes part in (Advanced is worst about that aspect)

If all the other nute companies were truly secure in the dominance of their product, they would take Big Mike's Million dollar challenge and beat him soundly if that is what their product was truly capable of.
First of all, no one was hammering them for advertising. I was giving them props for being the only nute company with balls enough to state that you can grow great MJ with their nutes.
Second, AN gets as much ad time as they want from ANY publication. $$$ talks and BS walks, anybody can advertise, they choose where they want to advertise.
Third, if you think comparing prices is crude apples to oranges comparison then you certainly don't wanna hear what I have to say about MiracleGrow.
I don't know about you, but I have used AN before. And FF. And GH. And MG. And Shultz. All to grow herb. And guess what? MG and coco outgrew all of them.
It's ok to stick up for your brand, but NO BRAND is king when it comes to this hobby of ours.
I'll say it again, imo AN is as good as any other brand you see popular in these forums. Is it more expensive? Hands down YES! Is some of it pure bullshit hype? HELL YES! (Taken from their JuicyRoots bottle, "Discover the new cloing gel that gives you bigger harvests" <-Seriously? Are they worth the $$$, YES, especially to the person who has their products dialed in nicely. Is AN the best nutrient line out there? I guess in "Big Mikes" mind it is.

BTW, a friend of mine uses their BigBud and I like what I see. Their JuicyRoots cloning gel works as good as any other I've tried, when it comes to rooting. As for bigger harvests from the gel, well, I'll let you guys figure that one out.
It's a quality product with a handy applicator bottle (a great idea btw!), and price is in line with other gels of the same strength.

Last edited:
S

SourDeezy

Fox farm is all right but be careful with the grow big. It seems to have to much nitrogen in it.

Sensizyme is great stuff. I ran out and couldn't find it for an entire flowering cycle once and there was a very noticeable difference in growth rates, production and resin content. I've never used hygrozyme even though my local hydro store gave me a free bottle. Sensizyme claims to have a much longer shelf life and way more active enzymes as well. I use the powder carbo load in all growth stages and have done tests by not using it on a few plants. The plants with it buds swell fatter after each feeding almost in front of your eyes. The plants without never got buds as fat and lacked the ridiculous crystallization and resin. Carbo load + bud candy is the best organic one two punch additives I've seen as far as enhancing smell flavor and weight. The only non organic thing I use is Big Bud. It just helps the yield so much I can't help it.
thanks for the reply. do you mind telling me what your entire flowering nutrient lineup is?

I agree with everything you say basically. I agree no brand is king, there are more important factors such as lighting, etc.... I do believe their advertising efforts are stifled because the big three can pull their ads at will from the bigger publications for consorting with AN (that is from a video of Big Mike from AN for what that is worth) Big Mike claims not to be able to freely put his advertising dollars in the most prominent publications because of pressure from the big 3 nute companies.

My assertion that cost is a lousy basis for comparison is valid in that a given product may have a much higher concentration and go further per litre. If a litre of product A goes four times further than a litre of product B, choosing litre B because it is cheaper might not make much sense and is definitely not an apples to apples comparison based on cost as is so often made about AN's products. All this assumes that products A and B are equally effective.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
I read Big Mikes challenge to me Big Mike sounds like a BIG DOUCHE!
I would avoid buying there product just because of how they come off even if it made my buds magical.

First of all, no one was hammering them for advertising. I was giving them props for being the only nute company with balls enough to state that you can grow great MJ with their nutes.
Second, AN gets as much ad time as they want from ANY publication. $$$ talks and BS walks, anybody can advertise, they choose where they want to advertise.
Third, if you think comparing prices is crude apples to oranges comparison then you certainly don't wanna hear what I have to say about MiracleGrow.
I don't know about you, but I have used AN before. And FF. And GH. And MG. And Shultz. All to grow herb. And guess what? MG and coco outgrew all of them.
It's ok to stick up for your brand, but NO BRAND is king when it comes to this hobby of ours.
I'll say it again, imo AN is as good as any other brand you see popular in these forums. Is it more expensive? Hands down YES! Is some of it pure bullshit hype? HELL YES! (Taken from their JuicyRoots bottle, "Discover the new cloing gel that gives you bigger harvests" <-Seriously? Are they worth the $$$, YES, especially to the person who has their products dialed in nicely. Is AN the best nutrient line out there? I guess in "Big Mikes" mind it is.

Big Mike did put his money where his mouth was at least. I am not entirely sure why some company hasn't tried to put a sock in Big Mike by beating him in the challenge, maybe they are afraid they might be ruined if it didn't pan out for them.

I would avoid buying there product just because of how they come off even if it made my buds magical.

The challenge seemed fairly straight forward to me. I agree he is a huge douche though.

LOL, that's how I've always felt too. But recently I started to notice a lot of the growers who I have respect for using the AN lineup. Made me scratch my head and wonder...pick of destiny? lol..

G

Ganja D

thanks for the reply. do you mind telling me what your entire flowering nutrient lineup is?
Sure, I'd be happy to but I prob won't get around to it until later. I did however post a bunch of info on the thread AN is a horrible brand. Check out the last page there. I would repost or quote it here but I don't know how. Feel free to do it for me if you don't mind. No worried either way.

G

Ganja D

This is awesome keep it going everyone, who's got some monster leg sized AN bud pics to display for the non believers?

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have been using the AN brand for a while now. I got the A+B grow and bloom. Where can I find a good nute schedule, anyone know? I am alway wanting to improve.

Miracle Grows single selling point throughout time has always been huge plants, they never said it would taste good, smell good or be flushable right? Maybe Miracle Grow is a great plant food for MJ, we will never know though with all the knee jerk reaction to Miracle Grow. It is the same with AN, everybody, even those who haven't tried AN know it's more expensive, the owners throw big parties, they spend money on sucky bottles with pretty labels etc..... With this being the rhetoric, the world may never know if AN was better. The bottles do suck big time for real though, dribbly bastards!

G

Ganja D

I have been using the AN brand for a while now. I got the A+B grow and bloom. Where can I find a good nute schedule, anyone know? I am alway wanting to improve.
I have an awesome AN catalog with all product descriptions and feed charts for all lines. No scanner but later I can type out some stuff. It's a little dated and I know they've made some changes but it'll prob still be helpful, I'll get back to ya.

dominicangreen

Weed Robot
Veteran
sensi 2 parts with all additives
here is the thread and feedings
new grow room 36 silver haze

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

Guest 18340

GH, AN, MG, it's all chemicals and it will all make your herbtaste like shit if not properly flushed.
"we will never know though with all the knee jerk reaction to Miracle Grow. It is the same with AN, everybody, even those who haven't tried AN know it's more expensive, the owners throw big parties, they spend money on sucky bottles with pretty labels etc..... With this being the rhetoric, the world may never know if AN was better." Well said:joint:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts