What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Sativas own Old Toker

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Good question....and one I've been considering quite a bit lately. Current plan is to do some more work with a local literacy group that I've volunteered with in the past. Teaching adults to read.

I'll miss growing and being abused by some of the posters on this site :)....but I really don't NEED anymore pot....and my wife has been really understanding about the whole operation....including the risk.

So it's time for the Old Toker to relax and enjoy the fruits of my labor...and criticize the hell out of other peoples grows despite having almost no first hand knowledge/experience of my own. Isn't life grand when just because you harvest a few plants you are NOW the foremost authority on everything? Have a problem with the girl/wife/kids/pets...talk to the OT....after all now that I've grown a few plants....I have all the answers to all the questions.....and if I don't....I'll just make up some crap. Why? Because I'm an experienced grower. God....it's lonely at the top of the food chain. :tiphat:

Don't sell yourself short, Only grew a few plants...... Lots of grows out here higher "mastergrowers" for there 100 lights with the same experience... At least yours were grown proper...

Old Toker

..if you REALLY wanted to do it right, you'd let all that harvest sit and cure for a few months or six.
The outdoor Malawi that I harvested in Dec is just about at it's prime. By the time I finish with it...along with the overflow (less than an oz) of the current crop....I should be good for at least 6 months. :)
..for the sake of your soul as idleness is little recommended (See Amos 2:3-The Lord giveth only rectal problems to the unmoving)
Thank you DWD! Not only are you concerned about my soul....but also my ass. I'm truly flattered.
...you should definitely start a new grow
Yah....I'm going to miss you guys also. I've thoroughly enjoyed the fraternity of pot growers. People that don't even know each other unselfishly offering suggestions, solutions, humor and camaraderie. It's been great... BUT.....I have a previous and longstanding commitment to the love of my life. She supported (and helped bear the risks) for an endeavor which she personally won't ever benefit. Now that I've fulfilled a dream (fantasy?) of growing my own ....and now have many years of "medicine"....it's time for me to help her chase a few of her own dreams....like traveling.

Hey....I'm not done with you guys anyway. Still have to post the final weights in this thread....and you can count on getting a substantial amount of abuse in your grow threads. And who knows....maybe I'll figure out a way to incorrectly store all my medicine and end up molding it....and then NEED to grow again. Never underestimate the stupidity of an Old Toker newbie that is testing LOTS of fine weed. :tiphat:

Bobbo4200

Veteran
You'll be missed ol' buddy! You germed them bad bitches and turned them into primo' smoke, and they weren't strains that finish in 8 weeks either. You have encouraged me to eventually start my only seed I have left of the Malawi, and to pick up Zameldica when I eventually do purchase seeds again.

You've done a fine job, others including myself can take inspiration from you.

I don't know your smoking habits and all but I hope the weed you just grew doesn't last you a lifetime lol, we'd like to see some more Old Toker's grows.

Have a good one mate!, take care!

Old Toker

You'll be missed ol' buddy!
Thank you Bobbo! I really appreciate the support. Isn't it amazing how "close" you can get to people that you've never met...other than through anonymous posts? I'll miss you guys....and unless I die in the next few years....I'll eventually grow some more.

Next time....I want to do vertical again, but try 1 gal pots with single colas in gutters. No topping....just trim the side branches during a shorter veg cycle. Tie the colas to the scrog screen and keep them "orderly". Unlike this last out of control cluster f*ck of branches and colas intertwined with other different strains. Should be able to get more plants in the same space....but quite possibly less finished weight. Someday....:tiphat:

Old Toker

..drop in once in awhile, just to say 'hey'. Just sayin...
No problemo brother! I'll post all kinds of worthless observations and suggestions on your threads. :) Just been pulling my punches so far because my own grow was....let's just say... less than professionally managed. But NOW....that I'm sitting on some serious product....I'll definitely drop by just to say 'hey" and offer my worldly advice. Appreciate you helping with grow my Sam! Thank you. :tiphat:

Old Toker

Final weights on my harvest. Due to my poor eyesight and crappy "F*ck it.....close enough" attitude...I don't think this trim could be considered manicured and suitable for commercial sales. Fortunately I'm not selling it. :)

Zam = 7.25 oz
GT = 8.25 oz
Mal = 10.5 oz
PH = 13.75

Also 5 Malawi "style" cobs @ about 1 (dry) oz ea
1 - GT
2 - Zams
2 - Mals
No PH.....can't believe I let that slip by.

Total weight = 44.75 ozs (1268.5 gms):tiphat:

Attachments

• IMG_20170723_121052.jpg
    IMG_20170723_121052.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 13

gorilla ganja

Well done my friend. Seems even a blind man can grow the finest herb with the help of some guide dogs. Looks like your set for awhile.

Special thanks should go to your loving wife for putting up with your crazy middle aged antics.:biggrin:

Looking forward to your smoke reports over the coming months.

All kidding aside you did a fine job with these long flowering sativas.
Was there room for improvement, of course, I say that every time I grow. :tiphat:

Peace GG

Old Toker

Looks like a party at OT's! Woot!
If only it were legal. Based on my 2016 consumption (barely 2 ozs)...I have enough for 22 years or one HELL of a party including gift bags with couple of ozs of various samples. Even then....I'm sure I could still manage to get a few years of traveling in before it was time to try to get lucky again. :tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
If only it were legal. Based on my 2016 consumption (barely 2 ozs)...I have enough for 22 years or one HELL of a party including gift bags with couple of ozs of various samples. Even then....I'm sure I could still manage to get a few years of traveling in before it was time to try to get lucky again. :tiphat:
Just think how popular your going to be on your travels man. Spread the joy at every opportunity I say.

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran

Hmmm. Pile of weed and time on my hands. What to do?
Cooking classes. Silk screening. ...

c

C

c64

...I have enough for 22 years...

...and unless I die in the next few years ....

Oh no, please do not think so...:frown:

Your result of harvested herbs is fantastic. :greenstars:
Enjoy the smoke my friend.
I think this wonderful herb transmits you a lot of positive energy and gives you strength and health. I really hope every smoke will remind you of the great time here and I think we all wish that you come back soon and opening a new grow. :)