What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmmm opposite effect for me but my wee-wee is all stiff and it hurts a little when i look at the picture

Stinkhorn123

Best of luck to ya on this grow timmur, i'll be rooting for ya. I got sucked into springing for 6 of these GB's haha. When i tried to order them the sales rep tried to talk me out of it. He said they were great supplemental lights but dont quite cut it as standalone start to finish lights. So i looked up Flip and he hooked me up, there great guys to do business with. The rep tried to sell me Gavitas by the way even though i told him i barely had 8' ceilings to work with. I have a spot with Nano de's that is rocking, they just dont fit every application. I guess we will see what these can do.

timmur

Best of luck to ya on this grow timmur, i'll be rooting for ya. I got sucked into springing for 6 of these GB's haha. When i tried to order them the sales rep tried to talk me out of it. He said they were great supplemental lights but dont quite cut it as standalone start to finish lights. So i looked up Flip and he hooked me up, there great guys to do business with. The rep tried to sell me Gavitas by the way even though i told him i barely had 8' ceilings to work with. I have a spot with Nano de's that is rocking, they just dont fit every application. I guess we will see what these can do.

Thanks Stinkhorn and yes, we will see!

The GBs certainly can't compete with Gavitas in terms of capital investment as it takes about 3 x of the GBs to get the same PPFD. What you will get is better spectrum, shorter cycles, and improved quality. If you can get a premium for the improved quality and you combine that with the yield increase, then the payback is there. Once your "extra" capital investment is covered, you get the quality premium and yield increase forever.

Where did you buy them?

Last edited:

timmur

Just testing out my new camera for the room. IR works well. :)

picture.php

View image in gallery

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:lurk:
always interested in ace gear.... and CMH.... and i love to watch these RDWC grows, they tend to be incredible when done right
everything looks great so far, timmur

timmur

Hey Avanish and growforme thanks for stopping my boring grow log, lol. I'm waiting for the contractor to put the room up, install the mini-split, and run the electrical. I'm pissed cause the room has been here for a week! He better show up and get this show on the road! :mad:

Ez Rider

Veteran
Hey Avanish and growforme thanks for stopping my boring grow log, lol. I'm waiting for the contractor to put the room up, install the mini-split, and run the electrical. I'm pissed cause the room has been here for a week! He better show up and get this show on the road! :mad:

That's why I've learned how to do it all for myself. It's hard enough for me to keep my schedule. Never had much luck depending on others for anything but disappointment and consumption:biggrin: How many hours of contractor labor you looking at? What size mini you going with? I'm thinking in NV you're going to need minimum of 2-tons for the summer months. Can't wait to see you up and running. If all goes well I'll be harvesting late next month. I'll be starting up my veg tent soon too. So keep an eye out in the C/G thread. I'm basically running my grow diary there, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation on flowering with C/G's.

timmur

That's why I've learned how to do it all for myself. It's hard enough for me to keep my schedule. Never had much luck depending on others for anything but disappointment and consumption:biggrin: How many hours of contractor labor you looking at? What size mini you going with? I'm thinking in NV you're going to need minimum of 2-tons for the summer months. Can't wait to see you up and running. If all goes well I'll be harvesting late next month. I'll be starting up my veg tent soon too. So keep an eye out in the C/G thread. I'm basically running my grow diary there, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation on flowering with C/G's.

I wish I had done it myself now after getting jerked around. I got the 2 ton Mitsubishi mini-split. The labor for the install of the heat pump, the electrical, and putting together the box was about $700 so pretty cheap, but not real reliable.

I'm watching your grow as a barometer of how mine might go. People talk smack about CMH for flower, but I think that will change once you harvest. A few other sites have CMH for veg and flower in fairly large setups, but I haven't seen any Greenbeams in bigger rooms with the exception of one commercial grower in Colorado. I think just the few of us that have GBs will be blazing new trails. :biggrin:

Ez Rider

Veteran
I wish I had done it myself now after getting jerked around. I got the 2 ton Mitsubishi mini-split. The labor for the install of the heat pump, the electrical, and putting together the box was about $700 so pretty cheap, but not real reliable.

I'm watching your grow as a barometer of how mine might go. People talk smack about CMH for flower, but I think that will change once you harvest. A few other sites have CMH for veg and flower in fairly large setups, but I haven't seen any Greenbeams in bigger rooms with the exception of one commercial grower in Colorado. I think just the few of us that have GBs will be blazing new trails. :biggrin:

That's always a problem. Good, reliable labor tends to be expensive. The mitsu is a good unit, you should be happy with it. People will always talk smack. Usually about things they know very little about. One of the most productive grows I've ever seen ran entirely on 430w hps's...about 20 of them. Nobody wants to believe their equipment is way out of date, and nobody wants to be the first to try something new over something tried and true. I think my current grow may com in a little off in #'s, but mainly because the plants didn't stretch like I expected. It'll take me 2 or 3 more runs to be completely dialed in(I hope). dansbuds has been a great help in getting my nutes dialed in:tiphat: and rives has been great all around help too:tiphat:

The big suppliers talk shit because they're tooled up for standard hps/mh systems or the new DE's. Most 315's I've seen out there are in cheap knock offs of the C/G hood, so obviously someone is paying attention. The 2-3 year lifespan of cmh bulbs might have something to do with it too. I replaced my hps bulbs every 2 months. I figure the C/G's will pay for themselves in about 2 years just on bulb replacement savings...not bad:dance013:

timmur

Hey Ez. I had a little "come to Jesus meeting" with him yesterday. He's supposed to be here tomorrow to get his work done. We'll see.

Stinkhorn123

I to am waiting on an electrical contractor, and even though were buddies he still makes me wait. Looking at them pretty little GB collecting dust is driving me nuts!

Ez Rider

Veteran
Hey Ez. I had a little "come to Jesus meeting" with him yesterday. He's supposed to be here tomorrow to get his work done. We'll see.

Good luck. You get any beans sprouted? I was wondering: how tall you planning on growing the plants?

timmur

I'm a little nervous to get the seeds going. I have a bunch of assembly work as well as testing to do and then burn in the lights. The lights are 220 and I don't electric yet so I can't burn them in or use a few to get them vegging yet.

I am going to start them before the room is complete, but I need to see how the asshole does tomorrow. He's supposed to get most of the work done. If he does I'll finish building much of the room this weekend and water test the hydro system.

Yeah I'm f'ing pissed about thousands of $$$ sitting and collecting dust! Very dark thoughts have been running through my head!

Latest posts

Latest posts