What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

timmur

Timmur! You are a rock star, my friend. That was quite an adventure. I have a few of these Malawi beans that I'm going to get popping now. Thanks for sharing with us, and hey: nice greenbeams, baby. :tiphat:

Thanks, but I didn't feel like one! The Greenbeams rock! Good luck with the malawi; it's killer!

timmur

Hi timmur,

You did a great job with your first Malawi grow in this setup, and we all have learnt a lot with your diary and experience. 7.5 lbs in such small space is an amazing yield despite being harvested a bit early.
The pic that megayield has shared is a proof of it.

And probably the best thing is that you keep clones of your Malawi 5 keeper so with all the previous experience i'm sure your next grow will be stellar :yes: and it will be much easier to tame the genetics from clone than from seed.
You must be proud of yourself and many people here appreciate your contributions.

Thanks for the kind words dubi. You guys have awesome genetics and I can't wait to run some Zamaldelica! :biggrin:

timmur

Thanks for the awesome journal of your progress thus far Timmur, just awesome. I had forgot about your rooms similarities until Hammerhead linked me back - thanks by the way Mr Hammer.

I was wondering if you think that 9x315W units would be inadequate for ~10x10x6.5' grow tent in a basement. I was planning to use either 3' parabolics or go with adjust a wing mediums. I know my PPFD will not be as awesome as yours, though I have seen the potential in a 3x3tent with one unit- I reckon I will lose on some of the wall reflection with such a large space.

I was planning to actively exhaust outside with a carbon filter and TD200S fan. (~530CFM before the filter). I was curious what your average temps were and how often the AC needed to stay on, periodically or constantly to cool that room.

Do you have any suggestions after seeing 16 of them? I was hoping to achieve better uniformity and more points of lights VS 630 units. I know that your running almost twice as much light as me in a smaller area, and now I just cant help but feel like I will not be doing justice with this extravagance.

I think 9 will still work, but your growth will be slower. Uniformity will still be good. Be sure you cover the walls and ceiling with Orca or use Lumacept's UVC-Max paint for nice diffuse reflection. You will lose a lot of light if you don't capture light that is reflected off of the walls and ceiling as that is how Greenbeams work.

Cooling @ 2 tons was on all of the time and is undersized. Big mistake on my part. I think I need 3 tons. Temps were 87 - 88 during lights on and AC ran continuous.

megadude

Hey @timmur
I just read through the whole grow from start to finish. Amazing setup, and it appears the yeild was pretty strong. Excited to see another grow diary pop up again soon.

I'm curious what you built your inner walls with. Not sure how to pull the photo up from earlier in the thread but this is a link from the gallery? I suck at the internet

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=65172&pictureid=1576961

looks to be some kind of foam board?
Best
S