What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
The cmh spectrum should cut down stretch. Lookin forward to seein this run!

:lurk:

timmur

Yeah CMH has quite a bit of blue in it which reduces stretch as you mentioned. I'm also going to manipulate the morning temperature to try to reduce it further (morning dip). Here's a very thorough approach to reducing stretch. Lots of great info in there. I'm going to use all of it to keep these beasts shorter. I have a feeling malawi is going to explode in the UC! Glad you stopped by! I'll have more to post when I get the dam room done.

timmur

Here's the seedling chamber for the malawi that's gonna be poppin soon! RapidRooters for the win!

picture.php

For the pre-under current veg I got an Iceprobe chiller and SuperPonic 16. I'll just drop the O2 grow emitter in and run for an hour per day. With Iceprobe and controller I should be able to keep the temps down to 67. Lots of dissolved oxygen for fast growth!

picture.php

timmur

So I just realized that I didn't get the remote epicenter option that I ordered. I'll have to get a hold of Current Culture to get the correct manifold for the remote epicenter.

In other news, the room ships on the 19th of Feb so I'm guessing I'll be under way before the end of the month!

timmur

The Iceprobe is installed on the DWC and it is now insulated. It should hit 15 degrees below ambient now! As soon as I get some nutes I'm gonna give the O2 Grow a trial run.

picture.php

timmur

Well I tested the Iceprobe and the O2 Grow and both were successful. I might add another probe if needed, but the O2 Grow appears to work fine. I don't have a meter so we'll have to wait another week or two to completely confirm. Here's what it looked like.

dirtbag22

o2 grow

o2 grow

man timmur, Ive been looking at that o2 grow device for quiye some time now. cant wait to hear the results. according to high times she did some 26% better than the air pump but hey that was testing a sponsor n all... pretty baked but jeez youre an inspisation dude with all the technical and all. thankd man :tiphat:

db

timmur

Hey dirtbag thanks for stopping by! :tiphat:

I'm really excited about the O2 Grow system and dissolved O2 probe on the Agrowtek. I think controlling DO is the next frontier for hydroponics (particularly DWC). Should be able to get a sneak peek of its performance in the SuperPonic DWC. I really think it will rock in the Under Current!

Thanks for the kind words regarding all of the tech, but I stand on the shoulders of giants. There are so many people who contributed to my knowledge that I couldn't name them all. That's what is great about being alive today; you have an immense body of knowledge to tap into. All of the money in the world couldn't have bought you it 50 years ago. Gotta love the interwebs! :biggrin:

Doubie

Watching this, I've been gifted an Ace Malawi clone that I'm going to run in my own RWDC. First landrace sativa and first time with recirc! Gonna be fun :)

timmur

Hey Doubie nice gift! I hope you post up a log of your grow cause I want to watch! :biggrin:

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you come back once the action really starts!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hiya timmur just found your thread and tagging up. Looking forward to seeing your grow

timmur

Hey McKush glad you stopped by! It's a little boring still, but soon there's gonna be an explosion of malawi goodness soon! :biggrin:

timmur

So just a quick update. I finally unpacked the rest of the equipment. 12 little Greenbeams hanging in a room... Just waiting for the Agrowtek controller and a few odds and ends. The room arrives the 19th and then it's time to put the lights up and fully assemple the UC! I'm targeting next weekend to be finished, but I don't know if it'll be completely done by then. It'll be close. I'll probably start the seeds next Sunday. Super stoked!

picture.php

Doubie

The Ace Seeds Malawi the clone fairy gifted me will keep growing throughout her 26 day stretch and throughout flower. That said, is quite tame for a landrace sativa. I have no idea if that's usual for this strain, I'm just going by what I've been told for this Honey pheno