What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

growforme

Hey Ez. I'm mostly at a standstill waiting for the room to show up. It shipped yesterday so it should be here by Thursday. I'm contemplating how to mount the lights, ballasts, and manage the cables. Also going to buy a CO2 tank today. Still waiting for the Agrowtek controller. It should be here next week. I'm targeting next weekend to pop the seeds. I just want the room in place and mostly tested before I pull the trigger.

Any thoughts on cable management and ballast question?
hey timmur - what is your preferred method of germination? I just got some seeds from gorillaseeds and want to pick your brain since this is all new to me ;)

timmur

I like RapidRooters under a humidity dome and heating pad. Just drop the seeds into the Rooters and away you go.

timmur

Time for an update. Sorry it isn't that exciting, lol! Just waiting for the room and the Agrowtek to show up. The room arrives Wednesday and the controller will be landing about the same time.

I was bored so I cut the pipe insulation and mocked it up along with the jackets for the UC buckets. If you look at the buckets in the front you'll see my aux blue LEDs and a single mega-ray mercury vapor lamp.

picture.php

View image in gallery

timmur

The room shipped yesterday and will finally land on Friday! The Agrowtek arrives tomorrow! This thing should come together soon! :biggrin:

gorilla ganja

looks like a very impressive set up. Whats the total cost if you don't mind me asking?
Can't wait for you to pop those seeds.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.
Peace GG

timmur

looks like a very impressive set up. Whats the total cost if you don't mind me asking?
Can't wait for you to pop those seeds.
Best of luck and may all your Buds be Huge.
Peace GG

Too painful to discuss! If I say it out loud I'll probably question my sanity! :biggrin:

If you really want the cost you can look up the stuff from the list on the first post and do the math. :)

Thanks for the good vibes and trust me bro, I can't wait even more than you can't wait!

Ez Rider

Veteran
Too painful to discuss! If I say it out loud I'll probably question my sanity! :biggrin:

If you really want the cost you can look up the stuff from the list on the first post and do the math. :)

Thanks for the good vibes and trust me bro, I can't wait even more than you can't wait!

I'll bet it's enough for a new RoadGlide and then some. I'm still licking my wounds from a far smaller set-up. Really hope it works out for you. Looks like you're going for BIG plants. How tall are you planning on growing them? I've actually switched to more of a sog situation, partly cuz I just don't believe a 315w lamp can penetrate dense foliage like a 1000w can, partly to cut down on veg time. You got a projected/hoped for yield in mind?

timmur

Hey Ez. Yeah coulda bought one of those! :)

I'm shooting for 4 1/2 foot plants. If the get much taller they'll be into the lights. At that height they'll be 20" from the lights. I plan to try mainlining them to keep the height in check. I'm really hoping to keep veg time down with the hydro and all of the light. As far as yield goes I'm hoping for 8 lbs. I really like your sog so I'll be watching closely.

Ez Rider

Veteran
Hey Ez. Yeah coulda bought one of those! :)

I'm shooting for 4 1/2 foot plants. If the get much taller they'll be into the lights. At that height they'll be 20" from the lights. I plan to try mainlining them to keep the height in check. I'm really hoping to keep veg time down with the hydro and all of the light. As far as yield goes I'm hoping for 8 lbs. I really like your sog so I'll be watching closely.

So, about 1#/plant. I couldn't imagine how big I'd have to grow my SB for that. I'm hoping for 2oz/plant, 4#'s total, but as long as I hit 3#'s I won't be disappointed. When dialed, the plants should finish @ 30". I may have to grow them a little larger next time, as they don't seem to be stretching as much under the cmh's. I've only just finished day 3 of flower, but they don't seem to be stretching as much as usual. I'll be sure in another week and a half:dance013:

frostqueen

So, a quick update on the whole 'patting the tops of your plants' technique to slow stretch, as linked/discussed on page 4. I did a twice a day pat on a dozen large Dogwalker OG plants. I did this for 2 weeks. Stretch is the same as always.

It might be more effective with different strains, or maybe tomatoes just respond better. In this case it wasn't worth the effort. I would instead go with a more bluish spectrum; which is great since we all are interested in CMH. Everyone I know using CMH says that stretch is much less than with a HPS. Running MH bulbs for the first 2 weeks of flower has been effective for me, too.

Still interested in trying the '10 degrees colder for the first 4 hours of daylight' technique. When I get my closed room done I'll try it. I agree with others that stretch isn't a huge deal, but these tropical sativas can really get out of control sometimes. Never hurts to have these techniques in the toolbox.

timmur

So, a quick update on the whole 'patting the tops of your plants' technique to slow stretch, as linked/discussed on page 4. I did a twice a day pat on a dozen large Dogwalker OG plants. I did this for 2 weeks. Stretch is the same as always.

It might be more effective with different strains, or maybe tomatoes just respond better. In this case it wasn't worth the effort. I would instead go with a more bluish spectrum; which is great since we all are interested in CMH. Everyone I know using CMH says that stretch is much less than with a HPS. Running MH bulbs for the first 2 weeks of flower has been effective for me, too.

Still interested in trying the '10 degrees colder for the first 4 hours of daylight' technique. When I get my closed room done I'll try it. I agree with others that stretch isn't a huge deal, but these tropical sativas can really get out of control sometimes. Never hurts to have these techniques in the toolbox.

Too bad you didn't see the results you were looking for frost. I plan on using the morning dip, MIS, and CMH with some extra blue spectrum. I hope I get good results cause I think I'll need it!

frostqueen

Too bad you didn't see the results you were looking for frost. I plan on using the morning dip, MIS, and CMH with some extra blue spectrum. I hope I get good results cause I think I'll need it!

It could be the strain. Too early to conclude anything. I have just seen better results with using a MH for the first 2 weeks. CMH would be ideal I would think. Looking forward to trying that temp reduction.

Latest posts

Latest posts