What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@timmur, what do you think of that Iceprobe? I was looking at 1 to use on my mist cloner. There's about 8g of water in it.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Right on man! Bout time, haha! You just reminded me I threw some ace gear in water cups last night...

Im really looking forward to seeing how stretchy sativas do under 315s, this could be a game changer for many.

Oh yeah, the little screw in hooks at home depot do wonders for cord management, as long as you got some wood frame to screw into. Those mixed with twist ties and/or zip ties. Ive also seen some clever velcro-adge.

timmur

@timmur, what do you think of that Iceprobe? I was looking at 1 to use on my mist cloner. There's about 8g of water in it.

I think it will work. It is nice piece of tech, but don't expect miracles! In the DWC put it in (13 gallon) it works if you use insulation. The drip feed pump will overcome it if you don't use insulation on the vessel.

timmur

Right on man! Bout time, haha! You just reminded me I threw some ace gear in water cups last night...

Im really looking forward to seeing how stretchy sativas do under 315s, this could be a game changer for many.

Oh yeah, the little screw in hooks at home depot do wonders for cord management, as long as you got some wood frame to screw into. Those mixed with twist ties and/or zip ties. Ive also seen some clever velcro-adge.

Thanks for the cable management tips!

I look forward to how these lights will do with Ace sativas! I'm banking on it helping reduce stretch, but we'll see! :biggrin:

GoldenSyrup

Looking sweet as a nut, Timmur. I'm just here lurking and watching. Those G/B look pretty nice they would be very expensive for me to get over here in Blighty! Peace out man and keep up the good work. Not be long as your little ladies are in :)

timmur

Looking sweet as a nut, Timmur. I'm just here lurking and watching. Those G/B look pretty nice they would be very expensive for me to get over here in Blighty! Peace out man and keep up the good work. Not be long as your little ladies are in :)

Right on! Thanks! :biggrin:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Some. The mini split is installed, the ballasts are mounted, and the sub panel is wired up. Lights will go up on Thursday or Friday. Hopefully finish by the weekend. Not real happy with the slow progress. :cry:

"progress not perfection".....nice setup and it sounds like yo know ur shit....I'm totally subbed....:smokey:

Ez Rider

Veteran
Not popping them yet. The work list is still to long! :mad:

I got all 942's, but I've thought about getting a mix. Which ones are you using?

I went with 930's for my main space and a 942 for my 3x3. Young clones seem to prefer the 942.

Scrappy-doo

Lookin good timmir!

My experience with these lights is everything had less stretch and more girth, and stacked much better. Ecsd was very noticeably less stretchy. Perhaps 25% less than usual.

GoldenSyrup

Not popping them yet. The work list is still to long! :mad:

I got all 942's, but I've thought about getting a mix. Which ones are you using?

I went with 930's for my main space and a 942 for my 3x3. Young clones seem to prefer the 942.

I've been using strictly all 930s for my last couple of grows, maybe thats why I am experienced mad stretching.

Anyway, the 942 offers a lot more UVA than the 930 does so I think next run I will run the 930 greenpower and 942 mastercolour 1:1 and see if it makes a difference. Fuller spectrum is always better!

timmur

Lookin good timmir!

My experience with these lights is everything had less stretch and more girth, and stacked much better. Ecsd was very noticeably less stretchy. Perhaps 25% less than usual.

Scrappy! The guy that kills it with 3 GBs! Thanks for stopping by! :biggrin:

Were you using the 930s or 942s? I can't remember if you mentioned it.

Last edited:

timmur

I've been using strictly all 930s for my last couple of grows, maybe thats why I am experienced mad stretching.

Anyway, the 942 offers a lot more UVA than the 930 does so I think next run I will run the 930 greenpower and 942 mastercolour 1:1 and see if it makes a difference. Fuller spectrum is always better!

Weird. Most people report less stretching with CMH. Maybe the 942s will help. :)

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Id go with the 942s if you want shorter plants, its more blue spectrum so less stretch more internodes. Might yield a little more with the 930s but then if height is an issue that yield might not be as well if your plants get too tall to manage.
Speaking of managing height, was wondering what your grow plan was, was u finna net and scrog or do tomatoe cages or something else? Cant wait to see this grow take off...

Latest posts

Latest posts