What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ace Malawi and Cycloptics Greenbeams: caught in the Under Current!

timmur

Horrible. No show and now I'm starting from scratch again! All I want is to turn on a fucking light! :mad:

Very depressing.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Horrible. No show and now I'm starting from scratch again! All I want is to turn on a fucking light! :mad:

Very depressing.

I'll come do your construction work! Just so I can see this grow get on the road, u can pay me back with some samples of finished malawi...

pug1010

Lol ... if you were in british columbia, I'd second Get Mo's offer.

Actually ... I'd do it, if I could pick your next strain.:)

rykus

honestly with the work you did researching and purchasing you seem fairly logical and organized with good planning.... add in some OCD and you might be a perfect builder of such a unit, plus then you don't have to wait x weeks if there is a problem...

you guys seem not up to task... either offer them double if you think theyre legit or go have a coffee at a building supply store and offer the most pro looking guy you see some dumb amount to get it done asap...

I bet if you get someone else though in the end youll be disappointed... I almost always was.

timmur

honestly with the work you did researching and purchasing you seem fairly logical and organized with good planning.... add in some OCD and you might be a perfect builder of such a unit, plus then you don't have to wait x weeks if there is a problem...

you guys seem not up to task... either offer them double if you think theyre legit or go have a coffee at a building supply store and offer the most pro looking guy you see some dumb amount to get it done asap...

I bet if you get someone else though in the end youll be disappointed... I almost always was.

Fairly good at all of it except the hands on construction stuff. I'm more of an idea guy. The electrical is the single biggest problem. I can handle the grow stuff cause it's in my wheelhouse; I'm an operations guy.

pug1010

lol … my next grow will be stella blue from ravengrass. Unfortunately I can't grow for a few more months (I hope no longer than that) - it's proving a difficult wait. Growing is so much fun.:)

Not sure if it helps to look through people's amazing grows … but I can't seem to look away:) This one is a bit special, as I've never seen such research.

I'm really hoping you meet a good and honest contractor, as I can only imagine how excited you are to get started. I admire your patience.

much respect.

timmur

lol … my next grow will be stella blue from ravengrass. Unfortunately I can't grow for a few more months (I hope no longer than that) - it's proving a difficult wait. Growing is so much fun.:)

Not sure if it helps to look through people's amazing grows … but I can't seem to look away:) This one is a bit special, as I've never seen such research.

I'm really hoping you meet a good and honest contractor, as I can only imagine how excited you are to get started. I admire your patience.

much respect.

Thanks pug. Actually I'm not patient, I just have no choice! :)

timmur

Just talked to a local contractor/grower. He's coming over tomorrow to check out the job. Third time is going to be a charm.

tableshaper

Too bad you aren't in BC Canada, I really am a builder and would have donated my time just for help in your area of expertise as I am only 2 years in on the grow scene. I asked you previously on the GB but was waiting to follow your progress and it's been a little too long I had to go with the gavita as I know them... but I have a buyer for them as soon as I can figure out if I am going GB or LED.

pug1010

Ahh ... tableshaper. I am jeolous of your future job prospects. Hopefully, justin will get his butt into gear and legalise personal grows soon. Then you will be spoilt for choice for great work gigs.:)

I've been trying to source goodies for my next los no-till grow, so if you ever feel like comparing notes on equipment and possible soil amendments ... it would be great.

pug1010

Hi timmur … hope the contractor has come through and things are moving along nicely for you.

I know you researched your grow room extensively. Thanks for the links too regarding the self-contained uber grow rooms … for my needs, I will need something smaller and more portable. I was wondering during your research, if you came across a tent that you really liked … maybe a SJ orca? I am leaning more towards a tent system and have owned a few SJs in the past. They were good tents, but I really didn't like the metallic reflection and the height left things a little cramped. Any advice would be much appreciated.:)

timmur

Hi timmur … hope the contractor has come through and things are moving along nicely for you.

I know you researched your grow room extensively. Thanks for the links too regarding the self-contained uber grow rooms … for my needs, I will need something smaller and more portable. I was wondering during your research, if you came across a tent that you really liked … maybe a SJ orca? I am leaning more towards a tent system and have owned a few SJs in the past. They were good tents, but I really didn't like the metallic reflection and the height left things a little cramped. Any advice would be much appreciated.:)

I had the SJ Orca pegged as the tent of choice before I decided to go bigger. SJ's really big pro Orca tents are the best, but they really large and expensive. The 4x4 or 4x8 are probably what you have in mind. They aren't as nice as their larger ones, but are still decent IMO and the only tent available with Orca.

pug1010

Thanks for the info timmur. The 4 x 8 looks great for my situation … just wish it had the extenders like the intense models - 6" 5' isn't a lot to work with. It might be hard to squeeze a gb in there.:)

If I was in the US … I would go the gb and find a taller tent. Being in Canada … it looks strangely like the dPaps are the cheaper of the options, which is not a bad place to be.

timmur

Thanks for the info timmur. The 4 x 8 looks great for my situation … just wish it had the extenders like the intense models - 6" 5' isn't a lot to work with. It might be hard to squeeze a gb in there.:)

If I was in the US … I would go the gb and find a taller tent. Being in Canada … it looks strangely like the dPaps are the cheaper of the options, which is not a bad place to be.

Whatever you do, if you go with Greenbeams make sure you use Orca. Diffuse full spectrum wall reflectivity is a must with their reflector. You could always retrofit a taller tent with Orca. I have some left over from my project if you're interested. There will be some real world numbers posted soon with light meter testing with Orca and without. It's a big difference.

d3adh3ad0g

My brother you are being eaten by a carrot. Perfection is a mirage that will drw you deep into the desert only to turn on you at the end. You have knowledge more then a great alchemists could dreeam. I would say to you if you where my dearest brothwer to sleep on your dream under the stars for 3 nights and hunt for a feathwer from Ra who provides.
Then eat the carrot.